IGNORED

The Ashes 2013

Lew-T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Ashes_series

Squad for third test announced this morning. Finn and Onions are out, Taylor, Panesar and Tremlett in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23481370

I am surprised that Panesar is in unless Swann has an injury. I can't see them playing two spinners when Root is an able 2nd option. Taylor has done himself no harm with his performance today. Would love to see Tremlett in for Bresnan but cannot see it happening this test.

I am surprised that Panesar is in unless Swann has an injury. I can't see them playing two spinners when Root is an able 2nd option. Taylor has done himself no harm with his performance today. Would love to see Tremlett in for Bresnan but cannot see it happening this test.

We can afford the luxury of an experiment or two i suppose.

Expect England to go in with the same team as the previous Test Match unless Pietersen is injured but I cant see how a thigh strain would rule him out. Australia on the other hand could make a few changes. Starc for Pattinson would be my first change and Faulkner for Hughes/Smith but they could make lots. Like the look of Jackson Bird and have a sneaking feeling they will try to get Warner in. Perhaps for Hughes.

Expect England to go in with the same team as the previous Test Match unless Pietersen is injured but I cant see how a thigh strain would rule him out. Australia on the other hand could make a few changes. Starc for Pattinson would be my first change and Faulkner for Hughes/Smith but they could make lots. Like the look of Jackson Bird and have a sneaking feeling they will try to get Warner in. Perhaps for Hughes.

Thought it was a calf strain ?

As the standing umpire those decisions were the hardest I ever had to make; if you're doing it by ear, bat on pad can sound very much like bat on ball.

For the 3rd umpire, with all the replays, it should have been a doddle. The Aussie manager isn't known for his self-restraint, so the outcome should be interesting.

As the standing umpire those decisions were the hardest I ever had to make; if you're doing it by ear, bat on pad can sound very much like bat on ball.

For the 3rd umpire, with all the replays, it should have been a doddle. The Aussie manager isn't known for his self-restraint, so the outcome should be interesting.

Agree, even just umpiring my club's first team bowlers are quick enough to make umpiring difficult.

Anyone got tickets for any of the 5 days? Looks like a great venue - good start by Oz - always confident we can skittle them out quickly though.

I've not got Sky - how's Anderson bowling?

Not been that great. Pretty sure he hasn't a good record at OT which is strnage with it being his home ground.

Archived