IGNORED

Leyton Orient Postponed

UREDS_91

Here is a picture of the damage taken from Orient's message board.

Rayo%20Vallecano-1341271.jpg

The photo just sums it up really! Let's have a caption competition then if we're not heading east!

I'll start .....I'm sure you can do better!! (sorry photo now included!)

Man on phone: 'Oh hi Russell down there. Are you ready with the camera? Would you like me to pretend to look at a light as well??'

After initially getting slammed,the flamers are disappearing

What the hell is your problem? Have you got nothing better to do?

In light of conversations I'd had with colleagues in the area I wasn't surprised to read about damage caused by adverse weather. I'm sorry IF it turns out that the damage isn't serious.

Seems like idiots like you have nothing better to do than shit stir. Get a life.

Thanks Orient, there goes my away day.

No doubt you'll reschedule for a day when I'm working.

That's the problem. Orient don't want us to come when we're hot and can take as many people with us as possible, they want us shut down to a crappy Tuesday night in February when they're hot again, with about two dozen of us going at the most.

I would have thought they would still fancying doing us even with their injury problems, I have to say though it seems extremely convenient.

We will also be a better side when we do eventually meet, arrivals in the January window, more confidence.

Not the end of the world, even though I did go and buy my tickets yesterday.

Sounds like the floodlights were damaged, could be hanging by a wire and about to drop on someone's head. Take the risk would you?

Doesnt look like they will be falling on anyones head??? change to a 1 oclock kick off i really cant see why this isnt an option even if they have to remove the damaged lights for a day!!

That's the problem. Orient don't want us to come when we're hot and can take as many people with us as possible, they want us shut down to a crappy Tuesday night in February when they're hot again, with about two dozen of us going at the most.

Crafty Cockney "See you next Tuesdays".

• Admin

Doesnt look like they will be falling on anyones head??? change to a 1 oclock kick off i really cant see why this isnt an option even if they have to remove the damaged lights for a day!!

Probably part of the problem that due to the time of year maybe people are not available???

But we don't know how big a problem it is, if the game went ahead and something fell on someone it would not be great

As frustrating as this is, I would rather this announcement today, rather than when I am sat on a train heading for London

Probably part of the problem that due to the time of year maybe people are not available???

But we don't know how big a problem it is, if the game went ahead and something fell on someone it would not be great

As frustrating as this is, I would rather this announcement today, rather than when I am sat on a train heading for London

Oh i completely understand this. As for hearing it now instead of tomorrow i think the majority of fans are likely on the way to london today because of new year. Conaidering it says the damage was done over christmas thats nearly a week ago now and nothing was said until today. Bit unprofessional if you ask me..

Shame, arranged new year eve in London around this game.

However:

We will be fresher going into the FA Cup 3rd round, more chance of progressing to the 4th round.

I don't think that a win, loss, or draw away against Leyton Orient would have had a major impact on the outcome of our season (I think we will likely see ourselves safe come May, no chance of seeing the playoffs).

Given the two above, I'd certainly prefer a cup run to the possible 3 points in the league (should the rumours of a conspiracy be true; assuming we could have finished a job away from home in any case!)

Disappointed, not devastated. 

Great news IMO. Williams missing for a less important game.

You are kidding me right? That's the only bad thing I can take away from this.

May eat my words come the end of the season, but I really can't see 3 points here making the difference. I'd trade a 14th place finish for a 17th place finish and something of a cup run.

You are kidding me right? That's the only bad thing I can take away from this.

May eat my words come the end of the season, but I really can't see 3 points here making the difference. I'd trade a 14th place finish for a 17th place finish and something of a cup run.

I would rather Williams miss The Watford game.

I'd also trade a 14th for 17th & a good cup run but would also like the points on the board sooner rather than later so I know we was safe, still got faith we'll do them if we was playing tomorrow or end the season but would still prefer it when they got players out :-)

How long does it take to repair floodlights, they could have installed brand new ones by tonight. The worrying thing is that we don't play a league game now until 11th Jan (Orient and Coventry postponed), by which time our rivals could have played twice, wouldn't like to be bottom again (but with games in hand) without kicking a ball !

I said defender...

Well done James. I knew I'd get a quick reply to my post about Fontaine.

On a serious note - Cotts may have to play him if no one else is available. If he does play he might surprise everyone by having a good game. Strange things have happened before.

I live within walking distance from the ground and to be honest the weather has not been that bad at all, especially when compared to other parts of the country.  In fact I am amazed to read the game is off due to structural damage, granted it has been windy but really not that bad. 

Our neighbour has a really dodgy looking wooden fence at the bottom of his garden which is still standing!!

Any chance you can go and see if there is any damage and let us know if it's true

Archived