IGNORED

Leyton Orient Postponed

UREDS_91

It's Winter. stuff like this happens Polsk Red, it's the time of year where bad weather and stuff can cause issues, faults can be found and the unexpected happens.   'We havent had any wind?' Are you floodlights umpteen feet in the air? No? So how do you know?  There's damage, the match is off I'd assume because a Safety cert cant be issued for the ground, meaning no one can get in. 

I understand what you are saying, but the fact is we have not had wind that should be capable of damaging floodlights.  Correct I do not live at the height of a floodlight but I have been to many, many games that have been proceeded by stronger winds and strangely enough the games have gone ahead.  If you bare in mind these floodlights are relatively new it makes it all the more annoying.  We all understand about safety certificates however if the damage happened around Christmas as stated, this gives plenty of time for repairs, I think most can see that.

Wasnt suggesting it did 'suit us' and unlike some on hear wouldn't suggest that the O's have done that either, this forum gets increasingly more 'tin foil' in terms of everything being a 'conspiracy' against us..

I assumed from your previous post this was the case which I had forgot about. 

Yup, major FA Cup match, lights fail. match abandoned, much embarrassment,  Hardly in a position to go, oh look they have issues with their floodlights, when we've been in a much more embarrassing position on a larger stage.

Maybe embarrassing at the time but I dare say in 20 years time the Orient postponement will be forgotten. This however is today and very annoying for people (some who are already travelling as stated)

The match has been cancelled in good time (not like the Xmas derby game c.1996, where many got to or near the ground before it was cancelled, due to black ice on the stands and around the ground) and people can alter their plans accordingly. 

If it was know there was going to be black ice in and around the ground and this was not before crazy health and safety legislation, then the game should have been called off earlier.  We cannot repair the weather but we can repair floodlights.  Cannot remember this far back though?

Why the need for anger on here?

This is a football forum for Bristol City fans where grievances are aired.  A lot of people obviously think more could have been done to get the game on, simple as that really.  I guess some have spent a lot of money and were looking forward to a good day out and hopefully a decent result.

In all seriousness I'm gutted. Was really looking forward to going up there and genuinely felt like it was a good time to play them.

Hope the club push this all the way though. Don't know the full facts but the strong winds and bad weather has hardly occurred just over night. Is it not the done thing for a professional club to follow the necessary procedures? Seems a bit odd to me that it's been handled in this way.

Clearly with their injuries a fortunate piece of timing if nothing else. A bulb and socket fell to the ground - um, pick them up? With a couple of players it seems allowed home a few days ago does look very fishy.

Little more we can do than give them the benefit of the doubt not knowing all the facts, but it does seem shall we say not all the stops were pulled out to get the match played.

I can remember our flood lights failing against Liverfool if I'm correct we was 1-0 down difference is our game was being played & it wasn't a day before with what I reckon has been no attempt to resolve. Lets all still go up & give them some at our disappointment haha.

I can remember our flood lights failing against Liverfool if I'm correct we was 1-0 down difference is our game was being played & it wasn't a day before with what I reckon has been no attempt to resolve. Lets all still go up & give them some at our disappointment haha.

The score against Liverpool was 1:1 at the time.

I'm in London and was looking forward to it.

Orient are a bunch of Cheats!

Makes me want to go round there and give them something to repair!

Here is a picture of the damage taken from Orient's message board.

Rayo%20Vallecano-1341271.jpg

Hang on a minute!!! Isn't the guy on the roof with the phone the same guy in this picture from when a Real Madrid game was postponed to a floodlight sabotage???? The funny thing is that the photo looks exactly like the one from Orient - including rust - but from a different angle?? Something very fishy going on somewhere along the line!!!!

http://www.whoateall...t-sabotage.html

Maybe this guy is employed 'underhand' to sabotage matches across Europe???

And no I didn't add the photo in myself for a laugh!!!

Or maybe the Orient message board just stole the photo and it isn't a photo from their stadium at all!!!??????

Was it I wasn't sure being so far back just remember enjoying it as was against Liverfool which I always take enjoyment out of beating :laugh: :-)

As for the people saying take risks with peoples lives I don't think anyone wants that but what they do want is a decent attempt to fix it as from what I can tell a lot people was looking forward to this match tomorrow, also if the stadium is that dangerous now surely they won't be able to use it for a while with the extent of the damage done as will take ages to repair :-)

The URL of the "Leyton Orient" image is: http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1341271.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Rayo%20Vallecano-1341271.jpg

It's clearly not from Leyton.

Yep! I've just clicked on the image to enlarge it and it states it's definitely from the Rayo V versus Real Madrid game from 2012.Someone is having a laugh!!!

Rayo%20Vallecano-1341271.jpg

On phone to Mr Hearn ... " with all due respects to you sir I did warn you last time they went wrong not to use Saville's Services ... that Jim bloke fixed it alright & he buggered it right up like he always does" ... " Bob the builder's up here doing his best but there's still no light at the end of the tunnel yet"

Sorry the game has been called off but you could still make your way up to the East End. There's a good pub in a place called Walford called The Queen Vic. The Landlord there is a massive Hammers fan and is sure to have it on TV. If they win, you'll be ok for a free drink but if they lose he'll probably kick off! You can show him how it's done in the west country by stacking a few tables together (proper naughty style)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL

I suspect massive sums of money may have been staked in Malaysia (and other Oriental countries) on the match being postponed.

Caption for the photo.

Man on phone: "Agent Li Kim calling base at Kuala Lumpur. Job done, froodrights sabotaged....ok to place large bets on match being postponed now"

Just seen the "carnage" on sky news. If what they showed was accurate its one light from one of the many floodlights and Orient say it couldn't be repaired as they couldn't get anyone at this time of year! You couldn't make it up. It does stink a bit?!?

So let me get this right...................one light, yes ONE light has failed and they can't remove it? Why don't they just take it out of action and use the remaining lights?

Surely the remaining lights should still give enough coverage, otherwise what would they do during a normal match and a light bulb blew - would they abandon the match??

What exactly gets your gander up football-wise Ralphie ?

One of the pleasurable things about Ignoring RMLF is that you know you're going to see his posts demolished by someone else. What about those who have laid out a not insignificant amount of money on non-refundable rail tickets, or who have rearranged their Xmas holidays? Not a problem for RMLF, because he just snipes from the sidelines anyway :facepalm:

So let me get this right...................one light, yes ONE light has failed and they can't remove it? Why don't they just take it out of action and use the remaining lights?

Surely the remaining lights should still give enough coverage, otherwise what would they do during a normal match and a light bulb blew - would they abandon the match??

Only if they were losing :noexp:

Archived