IGNORED

A Society Of Cowards

Mr Mosquito

Doesn't taqiyya allow a Shia muslim to hide his faith if he is in danger of persecution? That would not be very useful for proselytising. I don't think the concept applies to Sunnis (could be wrong...).

And I thought that kitman was Scott Murray.

Correct and I'm Sunni so its a stranger phrase to use :)

Davros I need to pull you up on this:   And the context that I mentioned that in was you and Rad were wittering on about there being no Muslims in the Army or something stupid. 

I never said such a thing.  

Btw, I really was in the army - Royal Engineers - and I joined-up because I loved my country and wanted to help defend it and our way of life  ;)

http://youtu.be/sX-gqRWe5Sw

Good on you Sir. One of my Grandfathers served in the Royal Engineers, I'm pretty sure he joined up during the late 1920s. He worked his way up to Captain during World War 2. My other Grandfather served attached to RAF Bomber Command. With their generation gone this country is going down the shitter.

Davros I need to pull you up on this:   And the context that I mentioned that in was you and Rad were wittering on about there being no Muslims in the Army or something stupid. 

I never said such a thing.  

Btw, I really was in the army - Royal Engineers - and I joined-up because I loved my country and wanted to help defend it and our way of life   ;)

I would have quoted it, it was along that general theme but the buggers purge the old threads.

I am not going to tit-for-tat you on stats. The data is there. Your worldview blinds you to it. I understand.

Meanwhile ...

33fbz3q.jpg

You seem to have left off all the IRA and ETA bombings.

None of which were carried out by Muslims.

Timothy McVeigh?

The Unabomber?

Bombs are made by lunatics. Not Muslims.

This may not fit in with the Daily Mail hate view of the world though.

Timothy McVeigh?

The Unabomber?

Why oh why would you want to bring a rational point of view to a thread that has descended into Muslim bashing ?

By the way in an earlier post by myself (#68 I think) about my time in Ireland it is interesting to see a certain Mr Daly was arrested this week and charged with 29 counts of murder.

Just for the record he isn't Muslim

Why oh why would you want to bring a rational point of view to a thread that has descended into Muslim bashing ?

By the way in an earlier post by myself (#68 I think) about my time in Ireland it is interesting to see a certain Mr Daly was arrested this week and charged with 29 counts of murder.

Just for the record he isn't Muslim

Just to pull you up on something Tone, this thread has not descended into Muslim bashing at all. It STARTED as a thread of Muslim bashing and has continued as intended

Thank you

• Admin

Timothy McVeigh?

The Unabomber?

The IRA is/was fighting a battle which wasn't based on religion, it was widened/evolved into a religious conflict, but that certainly isn't where its roots were. The treatment of the Irish by the British invaders was barbaric, some people take a long time to forget.

The IRA is/was fighting a battle which wasn't based on religion, it was widened/evolved into a religious conflict, but that certainly isn't where its roots were. The treatment of the Irish by the British invaders was barbaric, some people take a long time to forget.

Ireland was not a unified country at the time the Norman-French aristocracy continued their conquest of Great Britain into what the Romans had called Hibernia.

Conflict really came into it when the reformation made one side of the sea predominantly Protestant.

Ireland has had religion at the heart of its conflict since the 16th century.

Ireland was not a unified country at the time the Norman-French aristocracy continued their conquest of Great Britain into what the Romans had called Hibernia.

Conflict really came into it when the reformation made one side of the sea predominantly Protestant.

Ireland has had religion at the heart of its conflict since the 16th century.

This is interesting because the Norman-French aristocracy - prior to the reformation - were devoutly Roman Catholic. The Roman Catholic Norman-French were at the forefront of defending Western Europe from Islamic tyranny as increasingly seen in the Holy Lands and in the West they were responsible for building the great Roman Catholic Cathedrals of the middle ages. When it came to Ireland it was probably the Norman-French aristocracy that did most to keep Ireland mainly Catholic? The Protestant settlers coming mainly from London and Scotland - these 17th Century settlers were more of Anglo-Saxon and Celtic stock than Norman-French?

This is interesting because the Norman-French aristocracy - prior to the reformation - were devoutly Roman Catholic. The Roman Catholic Norman-French were at the forefront of defending Western Europe from Islamic tyranny as increasingly seen in the Holy Lands and in the West they were responsible for building the great Roman Catholic Cathedrals of the middle ages. When it came to Ireland it was probably the Norman-French aristocracy that did most to keep Ireland mainly Catholic? The Protestant settlers coming mainly from London and Scotland - these 17th Century settlers were more of Anglo-Saxon and Celtic stock than Norman-French?

Once you get to the 17th century, the term "anglo-saxon" is pretty meaningless. Modern DNA analysis has proven that a lot less of England's pre-1066 population was "anglo-saxon" than had previously been thought.

You are right that a number of the Medieval invasion families remained Catholic and are usually called either "Anglo-Irish" or "Old English" in history books. The Butlers and FitzGeralds are good examples.

Ireland in the 16th and 17th centuries was a bit like Iraq today - the sectarian divide REALLY mattered. Hence the plantations as a way to keep loyal the 'other island' by settling sparsely populated and ex-propriated land with colonists from England, Wales but predominantly Scotland.

One of the great shames of the 20th and 21st centuries is that BigTone does not have the looks to go with what is without question a lovely personality and 'smashing' sense of humour.

If he did, I would be first in the queue to split his whiskers.

But he does'nt.

:igiveup:

Shame.

TFR

One of the great shames of the 20th and 21st centuries is that BigTone does not have the looks to go with what is without question a lovely personality and 'smashing' sense of humour.

If he did, I would be first in the queue to split his whiskers.

But he does'nt.

:igiveup:

Shame.

TFR

Perhaps I have.

I detect a little bit of sabre waving in your post so obviously your cage has been rattled somewhere along the way.

:sad26:

Shame

Sticks and stones, BigTone, sticks and stones.

The harder-to-get you play, the more I will want you.

If you don't want to take me up on my offer, just say 'no', I would respect that. DON'T  :nono: play me along though. Everyone reading this knows precisely what you mean by 'sabre waving'.

"You minx".

Your TFR

* Male rape statistics for OTIB are unavailable from the OFNS due to the Easter Bank Holiday. If you have been affected by the tone of this thread, or the issues raised, help is always available through your local Catholic boys association, which IS open as it is easter.

Archived