IGNORED

Luke Ayling - Now Signed (See Page 10 Onwards!)

Shaftesburyred

We don't have one, well not as used one as you say. TGR and TGR2 were decent but the silly behaviour of a few and the sensitivities of a few more meant the Mods called it a day. 

Hence I am homeless and hanging around here. Used to go on the now extinct Gas forum but for some reason I got barred, sensitivities again!

Thanks Jaaarn. Most of us have been banned from the filthy sag forum too so you'll be alright on here. I was banned for asking who their local rivals would be, Forest Green or salisbury? Seems a fair question to me but the 'super fans' didn't like it. 

Welcome to OTIB.

Thanks Jaaarn. Most of us have been banned from the filthy sag forum too so you'll be alright on here. I was banned for asking who their local rivals would be, Forest Green or salisbury? Seems a fair question to me but the 'super fans' didn't like it. 

Welcome to OTIB.

Thanks, looks like it will be FGR as Salisbury seem to be going the way of Hereford. At this rate the Gas will be the biggest non-league team in the South.

Thanks, looks like it will be FGR as Salisbury seem to be going the way of Hereford. At this rate the Gas will be the biggest non-league team in the South.

you should be banned for talking like thats, Forest Green, Mango, Manor Farm, Weston Super Mare, Portishead Town are all far bigger teams

Yeah but you thought that about the Spanish kids.

Blimey, I missed this the other week!  You can't let it lie, can you Es!

I never said anything about us signing those Spanish kids.  Once they'd arrived, I did mention that I was aware we had a lad from Valencia on trial.  I said nothing else about the ones we actually signed.  You really are making stuff up about me mate.  Is senility setting in?

Maybe.Maybe a City player heading in the other direction too...

Interesting.

Like Bristol 86 I think the signing of a second RB shouldn't be a priority and do wonder how both he and Little could be accommodated.

You tend to know stuff and to me there are 4 on the wage bill that SC probably doesn't want, of which Moloney (as opposed to El-Abd who they transparently couldn't afford in wages terms) seems a more likely makeweight than Parish or Wynter.

Interesting.

Like Bristol 86 I think the signing of a second RB shouldn't be a priority and do wonder how both he and Little could be accommodated.

You tend to know stuff and to me there are 4 on the wage bill that SC probably doesn't want, of which Moloney (as opposed to El-Abd who they transparently couldn't afford in wages terms) seems a more likely makeweight than Parish or Wynter.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/apr/28/arsenal-luke-ayling-scouting-report-steve-claridge

Note the position...Ayling is pretty versatile having played as a defensive midfielder also. I can't believe he'd be signing as direct competition for Little who is much more of an attack minded player.

Fairly obvious Cotts doesn't rate Maloney.

Yep, that's what I thought. Cotts always played Osbourne right back before Maloney! But now we're without Nosworthy that would leave room in that area. However, we have signed Little so I don't understand why we would need this Ayling bloke?

That's if Kid is correct...

I have no idea if Ayling is coming here or not but he can play centre back or right/left back or defensive midfield.

Very versatile, equally adept with right and left foot, and competent in any defensive position.

Great backup for those positions and potential for first choice in one of them.

Same for Smith, full back, defensive midfield or attacking midfield. Or Freeman, wide player, centre midfield or up front.

SC is getting a decent smallish squad together which has cover throughout.

Agreed for example...

Ayling Osborne Williams

Little                                        Cunningham

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/apr/28/arsenal-luke-ayling-scouting-report-steve-claridge

Note the position...Ayling is pretty versatile having played as a defensive midfielder also. I can't believe he'd be signing as direct competition for Little who is much more of an attack minded player.

Steve Claridge's article in The Guardian (dated April 2009, so 5 years ago) is interesting, but so are the comments - especially this one.

'He's 17. I suspect there's a good chance he'll grow beyond the 5.11 and put on some bulk.

Having said that a few years out on loan to a decent league team like Leyton Orient wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

'Having watched a reasonable amount of the Youth and reserve games on the Arsenal website. Its a real pleasure to see them doing so well in the Youth Cup and to see so much British talent coming through.

Jack Wilshere is the obvious name given what he's shown in the carling cup.

But the other one that i reckon will be a big talent is Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.

He most definitely has the athleticsim and skills. A true future heir to Viera's crown in the middle.

So much talent though throughout the team. Lets hope they all make good progress over the next few years.'

Agreed for example...

Ayling Osborne Williams

Little Cunningham

That's how I see it if he signs. He is 6ft 1 and would add some composure to the defence. Another player being chased by Championship clubs, experience of getting out of this league, another astute signing if true.

I'm surprised this thread is still going. Happy to eat my words if wrong but can't see us being in for Ayling now that Little has signed.

Oh I don't know.

We know that Maloney is not really in SC's plans. Little comes in with versatility to play RB, RWB or RW (note he started the home game against us last year at RW). Ayling is a quality player also with versatility - can play RB, CB or RCB in a 3.

When quality versatile players come along, you gotta do all you can to get them, particularly if you're looking for a smaller but higher quality squad.

Oh I don't know.

We know that Maloney is not really in SC's plans. Little comes in with versatility to play RB, RWB or RW (note he started the home game against us last year at RW). Ayling is a quality player also with versatility - can play RB, CB or RCB in a 3.

When quality versatile players come along, you gotta do all you can to get them, particularly if you're looking for a smaller but higher quality squad.

I get what you're saying but don't forget we are a league 1 club. On your logic, one of Little or Ayling would become a back-up regardless of their diversity. There is no way we are in a position to sign one of those players to be a back-up and frankly there's no way one of them would sign for us to be back-up.

I get what you're saying but don't forget we are a league 1 club. On your logic, one of Little or Ayling would become a back-up regardless of their diversity. There is no way we are in a position to sign one of those players to be a back-up and frankly there's no way one of them would sign for us to be back-up.

I think people a pointing out that Ayling and little can play in the same team plus offer cover for other positions. I hope we sign him, excellent player.

Archived