IGNORED

Luke Ayling - Now Signed (See Page 10 Onwards!)

Shaftesburyred

How good is our bench going to look this season?!!

Ridiculous Glyn. It's getting to that stage now where if we don't win promotion, we will be a laughing stock!

I'll be honest, I didn't think Cotts had it in him!

and so you should be, a good player is Luke and getting better every year.

I am surprised he has dropped down to your/our level though, he is good enough for the Championship.

Can I ask; is he an out-and-out right back, or can he cover other positions.

Another RB?

Can also play right sided CB in a 3 or as a holding midfielder, by all accounts.

Plus, look what happened to our season when Cunningham got injured a couple of seasons back. Doesn't hurt to have 2 good players vying for the same position.

...........Ayling.....Osbourne.....Williams

Little..............................................Cunningham

With Elliot and Smith ahead of that and JET, Baldock and Freeman up front. We could be good this year!

Can also play right sided CB in a 3 or as a holding midfielder, by all accounts.

Plus, look what happened to our season when Cunningham got injured a couple of seasons back. Doesn't hurt to have 2 good players vying for the same position.

we have 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to place on record an apology to Jon Landsown and Steve Cotterill for my ramblings when this appt was made

I was wrong. The turnaround last season was beyond the wildest of even the wildest OTIB forumers imagination. The signings this summer have been exactly what we need, Ayling will add to that if he joins, the signs are good. All speculation and pissing in the wind in early July, but I'm impressed

So, JL / SC I'm sorry. Can we be friends again?

Wow, didn't expect this. Humble pie ready to be eaten when confirmed.

How do we think Ayling will fit into our side? Presumably he can play right back, right wing back, or the right side of a central 3 defenders? Would have thought this will definitely mean the end for Maloney.

Does Ayling count as the CB Cotts is after? I'm not convinced, reckon we still might see a centre-half in the Nosworthy mold come in...

Archived