IGNORED

Luke Ayling - Now Signed (See Page 10 Onwards!)

Shaftesburyred

Just heard on bbc somerset. If so I won't gloat too much but I TOLD YOU SO!!! Yeovil fans will be gutted he's signing for us, think they actually thought they might keep him! Off to the Gate tomorrow to get my season ticket. Saw him two or three times last season and he always looked a quality player. Bring on the new season!

Have I missed something? Who were the two Spanish signings?!

On topic, Luke Ayling will be an excellent acquisition at either centre back and right back (wing back). Only 22 and has a wealth of experience; really would be a good recruit.

Would almost undoubtedly see the end of Moloney with Little having signed too. Although, if Ayling is seen as more of a CB than a RB/RWB it wouldn't be bad to have Moloney as back up. However, Burt said we would have to trim the squad and we've signed 6 and let one leave!

On topic, Luke Ayling will be an excellent acquisition at either centre back and right back (wing back). Only 22 and has a wealth of experience; really would be a good recruit.

Would almost undoubtedly see the end of Moloney with Little having signed too. Although, if Ayling is seen as more of a CB than a RB/RWB it wouldn't be bad to have Moloney as back up. However, Burt said we would have to trim the squad and we've signed 6 and let one leave!

Think the Spanish signings are for the youth squad

Bear in mind that "the squad" as it was at the end of last season included 6(?) loanees, and as of now, only one of those has been re-acquired, so overall headcount is now about the same as it was at the end of the season.

Off the top of my head this is (or very soon will be if accounts are to be believed) our senior squad:

GK

Fielding

Parish

DEF

Little

Moloney

Cunningham

Flint

Williams

Osborne

El Abd

Ayling

MID

Smith

Reid

Elliott

Pack

Freeman

Wagstaff

Bryan

ATT

Baldock

Wilbrahim

JET

Burns

That's only 21 senior players, certainly not a massive squad. Can't see too many outgoings from that list, other than maybe Moloney at first glance.

I'm sure I've missed out someone possibly. I deliberately missed off Richards and Wynter...not sure they count as senior players...

Spot on their fella... apart from Maloney staying as back up if Ayling signs.

Bear in mind that "the squad" as it was at the end of last season included 6(?) loanees, and as of now, only one of those has been re-acquired, so overall headcount is now about the same as it was at the end of the season.

Off the top of my head this is (or very soon will be if accounts are to be believed) our senior squad:

GK

Fielding

Parish

DEF

Little

Moloney

Cunningham

Flint

Williams

Osborne

El Abd

Ayling

MID

Smith

Reid

Elliott

Pack

Freeman

Wagstaff

Bryan

ATT

Baldock

Wilbrahim

JET

Burns

That's only 21 senior players, certainly not a massive squad. Can't see too many outgoings from that list, other than maybe Moloney at first glance.

I'm sure I've missed out someone possibly. I deliberately missed off Richards and Wynter...not sure they count as senior players...

I might be wrong but I think Parish was released at the end of last season?

Unless Maloney is on the move cant see Ayling signing. Fully expecting Nosworthy to be on board soon (just as soon as El-Abd agrees terms with another club) so the CB positions will be well covered.

Ayling is 6 foot plus and can play as a centre back. I can see this happening and yes i do think Maloney will be moving on. SC sent him out on loan when at Forest and preferred Wagstaff over him most of the time last back end.

Unless Maloney is on the move cant see Ayling signing. Fully expecting Nosworthy to be on board soon (just as soon as El-Abd agrees terms with another club) so the CB positions will be well covered.

It has been confirmed that a fee has been agreed for Aylings signing.

Don't mention him!!

Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley.

Ayling would be good and a diverse CB in what may be a 3-5-2 flipped 5-3-2 formation.

Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley Curbishley.

What you gonna do then fam?

Avon gorge, Clifton and apartment.

Archived