IGNORED

Luke Freeman signs (Merged)

HoldenBall

Does this really happen? I mean, SC or whoever is manager/coach - call it what you wish - must surely 'pick' and coach his team. Can a 'director of football' really intervene and say, 'Sorry coach, I think this player is better than the one you have chosen'.

This didn't come from me it came from spudski/depthsofdespair, I thought it odd and sought clarification which he gladly confirmed.

But yes of course it's odd.

This didn't come from me it came from spudski/depthsofdespair, I thought it odd and sought clarification which he gladly confirmed.

But yes of course it's odd.

You've either misunderstood or twisted what I said fella.

All I said, was that Burt brought in El Abd... I never said SC had a list and he wasn't on it...or that Burt intervened.

SC just pin pointed that we needed a CB and it was Burt who brought him in.

Please refrain from mentioning me in posts and saying I've said things when it's not correct.

First you say I don't like SL.....which I've never ever said....and now this.

And you wonder why people say you make things up!!!

Not at all, there have been a lot of decisions especially in our recent past that have beggared belief, but do you know what? owning a football club is just like parenthood it does not come with a manual and I believe that they were all made honestly and not piss off and alienate the support and the owner is paying the bills and funding what appear to  be very good signings and to be honest almost certainly the clearing of the debts last year was most probably an admission of those bad decisions, i'm also sure that would never be admitted.

My philosophy for my one and only team is quite simple and that is I expect my team to always put in 100% on the pitch, if they do that and still lose you cannot ask for more, i'll make it little more emotional I wouldn't want to die feeling the way I have felt about my team as I have for pretty much the past 5 years, I want to start being proud about my team again and only feeling gutted because I can only be there in the flesh occasionally.

The micro analysis of every sound byte coming out of the club and especially the academy (an academy that seems to be getting there little by little) is just wearing a bit thin especially when things appear to be on the up for once.

We all love tittle tattle, that's what forums are for, but not to use that tittle tattle as gospel, even if it comes from the horses mouth, for instance and talking about horses if you met Luis Suarez later today would you believe his version of events about his biting of Chiellini?, most ex employees have an agenda as do some present employees who have aspirations to climb the greasy pole.

if you want more about the agents PM me, unlike some on here I would not seek to embarrass certain individuals, who are accusing me of making things up.

Just to clarify, I've never claimed to know any agents and have not slagged off the Academy. I'm well aware of the vast improvements that have been made there. Also, I would refer you to my post "Ashton Gate Tonight" posted no more than 10 days ago where I have praised the ground redevelopment and said we have a bright future as a football club. There are probably some lazy assumptions going on, myself guilty too assuming you think everything is wonderful at City!

Again the suggestion was that Flint was not a SOD signing and probably not even on SOD's radar, so perhaps the real Flint has yet to be seen?.

SOD was aware of Flint in his Alfreton days. Flint was scouted by City when McInnes was here. McInnes was subsequently "offered" Flint after impressing City scouts but McInnes was not interested.

That's all from the horses mouth, whether you believe it to be tittle tattle or gospel, users of the forum can make their own minds up  :cool:

You've either misunderstood or twisted what I said fella.

All I said, was that Burt brought in El Abd... I never said SC had a list and he wasn't on it...or that Burt intervened.

SC just pin pointed that we needed a CB and it was Burt who brought him in.

Please refrain from mentioning me in posts and saying I've said things when it's not correct.

First you say I don't like SL.....which I've never ever said....and now this.

And you wonder why people say you make things up!!!

You said 'SC gave Burt a list and Burt signed El Abd', I asked you if El Abd was a Burt signing and you said 'yes that is my information', you even added a little caveat 'that you didn't really rate Burt'.

Stevenage are proud of their "Luke Freeman's song" and would like us to continue it so I promised a Stevenage fan I'd put the idea out there, let's hope he is on fire and terrifies right backs every week.....

Luke Freeman's song to the tune of Freed from Desire "Freeman's on Fire! Your right back is terrified"

Stevenage are proud of their "Luke Freeman's song" and would like us to continue it so I promised a Stevenage fan I'd put the idea out there, let's hope he is on fire and terrifies right backs every week.....

Luke Freeman's song to the tune of Freed from Desire "Freeman's on Fire! Your right back is terrified"

I thought 'Fluff the magic dragon/ winger' might be better?

EDIT: Being an old git, I had to look up Freed from desire by Gala and it's actually a very good shout!

im liking that chant.be good to get it going,providing he does the business,which i think he will

That is class.

You said 'SC gave Burt a list and Burt signed El Abd', I asked you if El Abd was a Burt signing and you said 'yes that is my information', you even added a little caveat 'that you didn't really rate Burt'.

So where from that, have you some how decided that El Abd wasn't on that list, and that Burt 'intervened'?

And yes... I did add that little caveat.

Isn't it funny how the emotions come full circle...

Despair, optimism, despair, optimism.

We should all know that it's not as simple as sign a few good players and we'll be good. Not at City anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I desperately want to get excited, but I'm not allowing it. Not just yet!

Oh bollocks. We're currently experiencing optimism...

Archived