IGNORED

Luke Freeman signs (Merged)

HoldenBall

I remember getting excited about Carl Hutchings arrival here, he was the best player I had seen at Ashton gate the previous season when Brentford were in town. I think I'll hold on the excitement until he has played a dozen or more outstanding games for us.

I remember getting excited about Carl Hutchings arrival here, he was the best player I had seen at Ashton gate the previous season when Brentford were in town. I think I'll hold on the excitement until he has played a dozen or more outstanding games for us.

Ah yes - the problems associated with first impressions. Remember Enander Sno? That said, I think Freeman's first impression is a demonstration of his real talent.

Along with Grealish, best player I have seen this season by far, and deffo championship standard. Couldn't decide which one of the two were better, both oozed class. So happy with this signing, did not expect us to sign someone of this calibre in the slightest. Fair play Cotts and board.

I am realy excited by the signing of LF. I hold my hands up that i got it wrong on possibley this post a couple of weeks back.

I was working with some Stevenage fans who told me he was in talks with a number of Championship clubs. He may well of been at the time but to choose us over the Championship teams is a credit to Cotts & the directors of Bristol City.

Myself and others on here became dubious about yours, KITR and Spudski views from day dot of SC's appointment (an appointment I was not over happy with) but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt but every chink the 3 of you can find in the odd bad result, sound byte that you don't like and especially his sound byte over recruitment, academy rumours and just plain rumours you have spread bile that almost always turned out to be totally unfounded, now he may not turn out to be the messiah, he may just be a very naughty boy, but by saving us from the shit his predecessor left us in has earned him the right to carry on where he left off and starting with the signing of the Spanish lads and the signings so far and the named targets have all been viable/quality signings/targets and not to mention the contract extensions for Reid, Bryan and Burns, I don't think he has done much wrong at all, especially since the end of the season.

and I know the 3 of you don't like the owner but once more he has shown commitment to try to gain lasting success, why don't we just see what happens, it seems to me that SC is looking to play the sort of football BCFC fans want, attacking with a lot of goals probably at both ends.

As for the last 2 sentences, that is not what I have been informed of by one of you.

Who says I don't like the owner? Since when have I ever criticised Steve Lansdown?  You're making stuff up now Es.  Please, show me the evidence.  I am more than happy with SL as owner of our club.  Some of his decisions have been rightly questioned - not just by me and others, but by himself too.

I am not in cahoots with KITR & Spudski.  Just because we share some similar views, it doesn't mean we come as a group?   I'm not aware of what one of these others has said to you, but I have my own opinions and my own sources.  They may very well be different to KITR's and Spudski's?  Why are the 3 of us the fall-guys for you lot, just because we are happy to share our differing opinions?

Would you not have been better just coming back on today and holding your hands up and admitting you were wrong?

Ummm..I did.  See Post #166 at 5.29pm today!  You've picked a quote from me on this thread from 29th May, which at the time it was odds-on that we were going to miss out on Freeman, so I was justifiably peeved.  28 days later I am very pleased we have signed him and have already stated earlier in this thread how pleased I am that SC and the board have managed to get this done.  It is very encouraging.  What else do you want me to say?

Thanks for your input.

Please don't turn a positive thread into a mothers meeting moan. We've had enough of those! And we've got Luke freeman, cousin of Morgan!?

I hope not too mate.  I'm also not the one moaning.  Looks like others are out to get me and prove a point of their own.  I'm over the moon with Freeman signing.  It's a huge positive.

Please don't turn a positive thread into a mothers meeting moan. We've had enough of those! And we've got Luke freeman, cousin of Morgan!?

Yes lets keep it an upbeat thread ,this is a top signing in my opinion and one i didnt think possible. On his day he is a match winner on his own . We now have at least 3 on their day match winners on board with jay sam and luke . What with the signing of another quality player in wade elliott and with all his now obvious contacts and pull steve cottrell is fast becoming a great signing himself. Looking forward to next season more than i thought possible several months ago. Coyr.

Myself and others on here became dubious about yours, KITR and Spudski views from day dot of SC's appointment (an appointment I was not over happy with) but decided to give him the benefit oIf the doubt but every chink the 3 of you can find in the odd bad result, sound byte that you don't like and especially his sound byte over recruitment, academy rumours and just plain rumours you have spread bile that almost always turned out to be totally unfounded, now he may not turn out to be the messiah, he may just be a very naughty boy, but by saving us from the shit his predecessor left us in has earned him the right to carry on where he left off and starting with the signing of the Spanish lads and the signings so far and the named targets have all been viable/quality signings/targets and not to mention the contract extensions for Reid, Bryan and Burns, I don't think he has done much wrong at all, especially since the end of the season.

and I know the 3 of you don't like the owner but once more he has shown commitment to try to gain lasting success, why don't we just see what happens, it seems to me that SC is looking to play the sort of football BCFC fans want, attacking with a lot of goals probably at both end

you self righteous ****....I'm willing to have a wager that 90% of members of this forum would rather see and believe harrys posts than yours...for what its worth harry is the most educated football man on this forum and his contributions are far more respected than any of the pony you post from afar

As for the last 2 sentences, that is not what I have been informed of by one of you.

Harry

I've re-read post #166 and it sounds to me more like a justification of the post from 29th May that I quoted rather than an admittance of being wrong. You had every reason to be peeved, I agree but you used phrases like 'no chance' and 'too late now'. They are very definite statements that have now been proved wrong. I just think when you say something so definite (as I have on here about Pitman) that when you're proved wrong you should just accept it, not try to wiggle your way out of it. For me, that would gain more respect rather than losing some about your posts, which I do by the way enjoy reading.

Up to you tho!

Class player and signing. People have commented on his quality but what I liked was that despite the scoreline at AG and Stevenage his attitude in both games was excellent. Kept working and trying to play football throughout.

I wonder whether our stated amibition to go with a smaller squad with more quality - a good thing in my book - also has reasonance with potential signings. More certainty of playing and the prospect of better player around me would be a real draw. We can always use loans later if we need to.

Well done the board, SC and KB.

Kelly will also be like a new signing

Jeez- how many times is Kelly going to be like a new signing?

Luke Freeman is however - and some signing- he's a player that really caught the eye when he played at BS3 and I can't remember watching anyone better.

Well done BCFC - things are shaping up to give the season a positive outlook. The team is beginning to feel like it could challenge at the top again. We shall see.

Just a thought but does signing of Freeman mean that JET could be off? Still no word of new contract and likely to get interest. That said signing Baldock to new contract is more important for me personally

no it doesn't, Cotts has said he's come in to play mainly on the left but can also play on the right or central midfield, clearly not a replacement for Jet who will be playing as a striker or just behind the striker

Harry

I've re-read post #166 and it sounds to me more like a justification of the post from 29th May that I quoted rather than an admittance of being wrong. You had every reason to be peeved, I agree but you used phrases like 'no chance' and 'too late now'. They are very definite statements that have now been proved wrong. I just think when you say something so definite (as I have on here about Pitman) that when you're proved wrong you should just accept it, not try to wiggle your way out of it. For me, that would gain more respect rather than losing some about your posts, which I do by the way enjoy reading.

Up to you tho!

Fair enough bud. Me saying there was no chance and too late now were my opinions at the time, not definite statements of fact, but hey ho.

I thought what I'd posted before was testament enough to my pleasure at the signing and my thanks to SC and the board for making it so. However, I'm not a stubborn man so if you want it in its full glory - yes I was wrong and I apologise. I'm more than happy to hold my hands up and say that.

As said before, this will hopefully be an excellent signing and I am incredibly pleased that SC has come through on his promise back in January. It was looking unlikely but he's pulled it off. Well done.

no it doesn't, Cotts has said he's come in to play mainly on the left but can also play on the right or central midfield, clearly not a replacement for Jet who will be playing as a striker or just behind the striker

I personally think Freemans best position is on the right where he can cut in onto his left foot and unleash a shot a goal. Yes, he is flexible enough to play all across the front or in the hole, but for me he's best on the right.

My hope was always to get Freeman and Grealish as they can both play on either wing and allows fluidity of movement, switching flanks, causing defensive uncertainty.

I'm delighted with LF signing, if we were able to attract Grealish as well I think I'd need new underwear!!

Isn't it funny how the emotions come full circle...

Despair, optimism, despair, optimism.

We should all know that it's not as simple as sign a few good players and we'll be good. Not at City anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I desperately want to get excited, but I'm not allowing it. Not just yet!

Archived