IGNORED

Luke Freeman signs (Merged)

HoldenBall

I reckon Freeman putting pen to paper would sell an extra 500 ST's to current waverers.

If SC pulls this one off, following straight on the heels of Elliot and Little, it couldn't be more clear that City really mean business this season.

Edit: great signing!!

Yes, agree was a daft thing to say by SC. He also obviously hadn't considered that Freeman might of had an extension option on his contract meaning he won't be going cheap now anyway... There will probably be little difference in the amount he goes for now as there would have been in January. SC has been made to look a little silly on this one, let's hope our recruitment "tactics" for the rest of the summer pan out a bit better...

No chance now.  As I said back in January, we should have acted then.  Too late now, despite SC's gloating at the Q&A.

:chant6ez:

I must be on pluto or seriously forgotten last season but, who he is? Had a look winger/striker, 12 goals in 100 ish games, won young player of the month 2 years ago, from what I gather from you guys he is very, very good. 

For the moment he is "very ,very good" but hey you know Otib ,one misplaced pass and he's toast !

Billy Jones situation all over again. I don't know the figures involved for our offers in January for Freeman but as with Billy Jones we should have overpaid and got our man when we could. I know we have to be sensible with our money and not go completely over the top but sometimes for the right player (I.e. young, talented and in demand players) it pays to spend a bit more to ensure you get them when you're in a position to do so.

When SC joked in january about not overpaying and that he would just get him in the summer for free/cheaper I had a feeling he was being a bit ambitious. Hate to say I told you so, Steve. Freeman will go to a bigger team than us, just as Billy Jones did.

Agreed.

:facepalm:

:mf_sleep:

Be interesting to see what he can do.

Judging by his stats nothing amazing.

Hopefully not all approach play with no end product.

Welcome Mr Freeman, here is hoping you bring the creativity and assists we crave.

Archived