IGNORED

Bristol Sport - New Kit (Merged)

SuperFly2002

But the club are more than happy to exchange or repress any faulty shirts. I know it's annoying going back but at least they're understanding and helpful...at least from my and others on this threads experience

If they are known to be faulty, which it sounds like they do, why are they selling them? It is a bit out of order, especially to people wasting money on fuel or travel to pick up a shirt the club knows is faulty!

:sad26:

Doesn't bother me I won't be buying one. But seems a very strange practice, to admit there is a faulty batch and not take them off the shelves. Its like they couldn't give a toss about giving out a good impression. A little odd considering they have spent money designing and manufacturing the things in the first place because of problems in previous seasons!

Not exactly hard to take the faulty batch off the shelves.

Ho him never mind!

If they are known to be faulty, which it sounds like they do, why are they selling them? It is a bit out of order, especially to people wasting money on fuel or travel to pick up a shirt the club knows is faulty!

I doubt they would of until the first few had been returned, the club would of washed them all so wouldn't of known,

I doubt they would of until the first few had been returned, the club would of washed them all so wouldn't of known,

The thing is they know they are faulty, and are still selling them. That is the problem. Someone goes down hears a cashier saying there is a faulty batch. He buys one, the dye runs. Why was he sold it?

The thing is they know they are faulty, and are still selling them. That is the problem. Someone goes down hears a cashier saying there is a faulty batch. He buys one, the dye runs. Why was he sold it?

I'm suprised if thats the case! They should have identified the batch and pulled them, if its all of them, then well they still shouldn't be sold. Having worked for big retail companies previously as soon as theres a fault whatever the product they pull it till its sorted. I wasn't suprised there were going to be problems to start with, I've seen it many times when a company produces its first batch, there are usually unseen problems that didn't come up till they started mass production or they didn't do enough quality control checks (probably the latter here) but still selling them with problems is abit wrong.

So the players wore them at Weston and then binned them? Unless the players shirts were made from a different batch maybe, if their shirts were fine then why change the process. It's always a nightmare combination to wash, strong colour shirt with such a white collar. It should have been rigorously tested, washed, wrung, pulled, etc before any were made, after all it is a sports shirt. No faulty batches should have made it to the shop.

I'm suprised if thats the case! They should have identified the batch and pulled them, if its all of them, then well they still shouldn't be sold. Having worked for big retail companies previously as soon as theres a fault whatever the product they pull it till its sorted. I wasn't suprised there were going to be problems to start with, I've seen it many times when a company produces its first batch, there are usually unseen problems that didn't come up till they started mass production or they didn't do enough quality control checks (probably the latter here) but still selling them with problems is abit wrong.

Indeed. Looks like quality control has let them down somewhere along the line and they have compounded the issue by not removing them entirely once the problem was found.

I am not sure wash it twice is the advice that should be given, even if it seems to work.

Indeed. Looks like quality control has let them down somewhere along the line and they have compounded the issue by not removing them entirely once the problem was found.

I am not sure wash it twice is the advice that should be given, even if it seems to work.

Why would you not give advice that works..?!

So the players wore them at Weston and then binned them? Unless the players shirts were made from a different batch maybe, if their shirts were fine then why change the process. It's always a nightmare combination to wash, strong colour shirt with such a white collar. It should have been rigorously tested, washed, wrung, pulled, etc before any were made, after all it is a sports shirt. No faulty batches should have made it to the shop.

they wouldn't of washed every single shirt in the club shop that went sale, if its one batch its impossible to predict, it happens to pretty much everything thats mass produced, The club to be fair has been very pro-active and offered advice and replacements quite quickly

I'm not suggesting they wash every shirt, just a sample from every batch should have been rigorously tested before leaving the manufacturer. This should have shown up any problem with the dye running, although not the stitching which perhaps is more individual.

Why would you not give advice that works..?!

They should be rectifying the problem and giving a replacement that isn't faulty.

If you got a new car with a big scratch, would you expect the dealer to say t-cut it? Or sort it out for you?

For whatever reason TRL, why are you assuming every shirt is faulty? If that were the case then otib would be on meltdown and it would probably be on the City website & in the local paper.

Stop being so wet about the whole thing.

For all your moaning, I'm surprised you haven't gone down the shop with your blanket to have a (poorly assumed) dig at the club/provider.

I'm sure they'll give you a keyboard for courage.

For whatever reason TRL, why are you assuming every shirt is faulty? If that were the case then otib would be on meltdown and it would probably be on the City website & in the local paper.

Stop being so wet about the whole thing.

For all your moaning, I'm surprised you haven't gone down the shop with your blanket to have a (poorly assumed) dig at the club/provider.

I'm sure they'll give you a keyboard for courage.

I haven't and will not buy one, so faulty goods will not effect me, so why would I visit the shop?

It doesn't stop me having the opinion that a faulty batch should not be sold and then the shop giving the advice of wash it twice.

If you don't like my thoughts on bad customer service and poor products then don't bother commenting. If you do like poor quality garments and half arsed customer service than carry on.

I haven't and will not buy one, so faulty goods will not effect me, so why would I visit the shop?

It doesn't stop me having the opinion that a faulty batch should not be sold and then the shop giving the advice of wash it twice.

If you don't like my thoughts on bad customer service and poor products then don't bother commenting. If you do like poor quality garments and half arsed customer service than carry on.

Faulty goods are clearly affecting you.

So I take it if you don't like something, you can comment and moan, but I can't? Strange.

Your last paragraph makes next to no sense. So if I like poor products, then carry on with what? I'm wandering why you have such a problem about something (you pretty much say) you're not concerned about buying.

Jobs worth of complaining....

It's like me complaining about a friends' converse trainers when I don't have them myself. What's the point in that?

Oh no, sorry - I get it. This is a City forum so you've the right to moan anyways....

Oh dear.

We religiously use this (or the otherdifferent-branded  equivalents) with our washing. No need to separate whites and coloureds, no risk of a red sock slipping into the whites wash etc. I wou;ld be fully confident that you wouldn't get a pink collar from these shirts either (I've washed white shirts with new jeans with no issues...)

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274269648

We religiously use this (or the otherdifferent-branded equivalents) with our washing. No need to separate whites and coloureds, no risk of a red sock slipping into the whites wash etc. I wou;ld be fully confident that you wouldn't get a pink collar from these shirts either (I've washed white shirts with new jeans with no issues...)

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274269648

We do too and they do come out thoroughly darkened by dye even in stuff that's been washed loads!

Be warned though they love to get through the edges of the drum and cause clogs, as our plumber can testify.,..

I ordered my shirt online and fair play to them, they emailed me saying they blocked all batches and I could get the shirt in two weeks.  Alternatively I could take one from current batch and see what happens then return it if an issue or take the away shirt instead.  Pretty decent service really - I decided to try it and see how it goes.

I ordered my shirt online and fair play to them, they emailed me saying they blocked all batches and I could get the shirt in two weeks. Alternatively I could take one from current batch and see what happens then return it if an issue or take the away shirt instead. Pretty decent service really - I decided to try it and see how it goes.

There you go TRL. You should be delighted now and hopefully you can at last get a peaceful nights sleep tonight.

Archived