IGNORED

Bristol Sport - New Kit (Merged)

SuperFly2002

surely Adidas has lower overheads and more buying power than a small company, meaning they can charge less for their shirt? Same as B&Q or ASDA being cheaper than your local independent shop, plus they probably make massive profit on major clubs that evens out for lesser known clubs

surely Adidas has lower overheads and more buying power than a small company, meaning they can charge less for their shirt? Same as B&Q or ASDA being cheaper than your local independent shop, plus they probably make massive profit on major clubs that evens out for lesser known clubs

The reason you pay massive amounts for the likes of Adidas and Puma, is because they spend massive amounts sponsoring players and Athletes. That's where your money goes...paying towards the likes of them.

Having visited a Sweat shop for one of the major sports brands in India and Sri Lanka, I've sworn never to buy one again.

Funnily...these companies allow their workers to make shirts using the % of waste material. It's the same material, labels, packaging and shirt, that you often see as a 'fake' sold on the streets over their. In fact you are often buying an 'original'....

The companies allow this to go on, so the workers can bulk up their income.

It's a funny old world...governments looking to stop 'fakes'....yet the companies over their allowing it... Doh!!!

As for our own shirts...and the shirt amnesty... I would like to see these old shirts being given to the poorer children in Bristol who can't afford to ever buy replica football shirts. Why does Botswana have to have them? There are plenty of under privileged children here. Also Botswana is not a poor Country... Quote...

The Bank of Botswana serves as a central bank in order to develop and maintain the Botswana pula, the country's currency. Since independence, Botswana has had one of the fastest growth rates in per capita income in the world.[16] Botswana has transformed itself from one of the poorest countries in the world to a middle-income country. By one estimate, it has the fourth highest gross national income at purchasing power parity in Africa, giving it a standard of living around that of Mexico and Turkey.[17]

Judging people for what they choose to wear is more pathetic, it's the sort of thing you did as kids, when you were at school, aged about.......12.

Tell that to all the employers around the world...it's a fact of life.

I'd love to see you and your mate Barney Moore tell it to the likes of this lot

Totally different fella... taking a piece of 'home' with you, to a far away land, and sharing your passion and having banter with your fellow comrades is totally different.

Next time you go to AG...tell me it doesn't hurt your eyes, looking at Grown men, often overweight, stretched into their pieces of garish polyester, munching on their over priced pies, and dribbling gravy down the front... ;)  :P  :laughcont:

That pisses me off.

They're soldiers, not homicidal maniacs about to kick off if someone dares argue with their attire.

Bore off, 

That pisses me off.

who said they would kick off? He wouldn't argue with their attire anway......

Totally different fella... taking a piece of 'home' with you, to a far away land, and sharing your passion and having banter with your fellow comrades is totally different.

Next time you go to AG...tell me it doesn't hurt your eyes, looking at Grown men, often overweight, stretched into their pieces of garish polyester, munching on their over priced pies, and dribbling gravy down the front... ;)  :P  :laughcont:

Couldn't be further from the truth pal, I can guarantee you many of them will be wearing them regularly during down time round the unit, down the NAAFI, down the pub etc.......Not just on Ops.

Anyway, I'll leave you in peace to enjoy your life and criticise people for their choice of clothing. Good on ya :thumbsup:

Bore off, 

That pisses me off.

who said they would kick off? He wouldn't argue with their attire anway......

Couldn't be further from the truth pal, I can guarantee you many of them will be wearing them regularly during down time round the unit, down the NAAFI, down the pub etc.......Not just on Ops.

Anyway, I'll leave you in peace to enjoy your life and criticise people for their choice of clothing. Good on ya :thumbsup:

I'm not criticising the person perse...I'm just questioning the logic of wearing a replica football shirt made of polyester with a bloomin great advertising slogan on the front?

Quiet a few are fond of shopping at Sainsbury's...but you won't find anyone wearing their bags...pretty much the same thing as a replica shirt.

Apart from wearing it for a kick a round down the park with your son, why the hell would you do it?

Why do people think it's acceptable to wear them out in public, walking around the shops, down the pub etc?

Tell me this...why do Restaurants and bars ban people from wearing football shirts on their premises?

Google....'why is it a bad idea to wear replica football shirts as an Adult?' And you'll find loads of social reasons.

It's not just me fella...but the majority of the World think it's not socially acceptable.

Coach.... U miss one fundamental in your rather long and poetic missive fella; not everyone buys them for fashion or to accentuate their flesh; many, like me, would rather like to do a little promotion for the club by playing football in them or doing rigorous exercise.

See my post no. 587 fella....refers to kick around down the park.

Nothing wrong in everyones eyes, to play football or do any physical exercise, like Gym, in a football shirt made for sport.

But wearing them out shopping, or casually as an Adult is just wrong in my eyes, and the majority of the populations.

Nothing worse than being on holiday, and seeing the proverbial Brit with his family in tow, wearing his sunburn with his polyester footy top. It's not big and it's not clever.... it just gives us Brits a bad name and bad bloody service because of it...

It is, as you can tell...one of my pet hates....

• Admin

See my post no. 587 fella....refers to kick around down the park.

Nothing wrong in everyones eyes, to play football or do any physical exercise, like Gym, in a football shirt made for sport.

But wearing them out shopping, or casually as an Adult is just wrong in my eyes, and the majority of the populations.

Nothing worse than being on holiday, and seeing the proverbial Brit with his family in tow, wearing his sunburn with his polyester footy top. It's not big and it's not clever.... it just gives us Brits a bad name and bad bloody service because of it...

It is, as you can tell...one of my pet hates....

It's not just Brits though. I've just returned home from holiday where the Germans, Dutch & Spaniards were proudly sporting their club colours. I too wore mine on occasion and it sparked conversation as people recognised it as City.

If it makes a difference to you, I'm not overweight, didn't munch any pies nor spill any gravy down the front?

Archived