IGNORED

Bristol Sport - New Kit (Merged)

SuperFly2002

Just seen the Bristol City Megastore has been renamed the Bristol Sport Megastore, what gives? Are we selling all Bristol Sport products in the store now?

Like the city top is a Bristol Sports kit so yes we are selling Bristol Sport stuff. I imagine the rugby kit will be moved to the store too as it is there home too next season.

Just seen the Bristol City Megastore has been renamed the Bristol Sport Megastore, what gives? Are we selling all Bristol Sport products in the store now?

I would think the Bristol Rugby merchandise would have to be sold in there as Ashton Gate is now their home too, and anyway where else have they got. So the shop can't be called Bristol City anything can it. Not sure if there is much call for other Bristol Sport stuff, the racing driver, basketball team, ladies football etc at the moment. Not enough room in there anyway. Maybe Bristol Sport should look again at taking a shop in Broadmead, Cabot?

I would think the Bristol Rugby merchandise would have to be sold in there as Ashton Gate is now their home too, and anyway where else have they got. So the shop can't be called Bristol City anything can it. Not sure if there is much call for other Bristol Sport stuff, the racing driver, basketball team, ladies football etc at the moment. Not enough room in there anyway. Maybe Bristol Sport should look again at taking a shop in Broadmead, Cabot?

Just feels like a bit of a loss of identity. I doubt many other clubs in the country don't have their own team name megastore. As a kid I was so excited to see a 'BRISTOL CITY MEGASTORE', A megastore, when there are no others in the world, dedicated to my team.

Does Newcastle have a Sports Direct?

just been into the shop and they have loads of the home kits in there and it looks and feels really good in the flesh. Typical BCFC tho the Away kit won't be in stock for about another two weeks!

Fair play tho, it's a great job and the training wear is pretty decent too.

Just feels like a bit of a loss of identity. I doubt many other clubs in the country don't have their own team name megastore. As a kid I was so excited to see a 'BRISTOL CITY MEGASTORE', A megastore, when there are no others in the world, dedicated to my team.

Erm that's a bit different. Newcastle's ground is home only to one sports team.

Like it or not AG is now home to two sports clubs and therefore why should it be called the Bristol City FC Megastore when it will no longer only sell BCFC merchandise?

just been into the shop and they have loads of the home kits in there and it looks and feels really good in the flesh. Typical BCFC tho the Away kit won't be in stock for about another two weeks!

Fair play tho, it's a great job and the training wear is pretty decent too.

Good to hear! Is it officially on sale now then?

I know exactly what you mean. I had a silver car once and then I replaced it with a black car.

My identity was in bits.

Do you think that possibly you might be being somewhat overly sensitive here?

I know exactly what you mean. I had a silver car once and then I replaced it with a black car.

My identity was in bits.

Do you think that possibly you might be being somewhat overly sensitive here?

Of course, it's just playing on my childhood memories. It's not the end of the world but a tad sad to see. I think most of the footballing community and apprehensive of their board changing their club to fit with financial structures. Obviously, no where in the same ball park as Cardiff, Hull and badge changes at West Ham and Everton it does get to me that the clubs name is starting to disappear from areas of Ashton Gate. 

Has there yet been discussion or decision on what each of the new stands will be called, are they to be renamed or stay the same? If there is a neutrality to Ashton Gate will they move away from football inspired names? 

Erm that's a bit different. Newcastle's ground is home only to one sports team.

Like it or not AG is now home to two sports clubs and therefore why should it be called the Bristol City FC Megastore when it will no longer only sell BCFC merchandise?

That actually was a genuine question. I could imagine Ashley having a sports direct at the ground stuffed with Newcastle merchandise. Does anyone know if there is a sports direct at their ground?

Has there yet been discussion or decision on what each of the new stands will be called, are they to be renamed or stay the same? If there is a neutrality to Ashton Gate will they move away from football inspired names? 

I've got no problem with having a 'Bristol Sport Megastore', especially as we benefit from the financial situation of the guy at the top. We should also make the Rugby club feel welcome at Ashton Gate...but...AG should, IMO, not lose its identity as the home of Bristol City FC for the last 100+ years. I don't know if there are any plans to actually change the name of the stands, in the plans that have been made available online I'm pretty sure terms like 'new Williams Stand' were used. Hopefully we keep the same names ie Dolman etc.

I've got no problem with having a 'Bristol Sport Megastore', especially as we benefit from the financial situation of the guy at the top. We should also make the Rugby club feel welcome at Ashton Gate...but...AG should, IMO, not lose its identity as the home of Bristol City FC for the last 100+ years. I don't know if there are any plans to actually change the name of the stands, in the plans that have been made available online I'm pretty sure terms like 'new Williams Stand' were used. Hopefully we keep the same names ie Dolman etc.

I wonder if the stands will have dual names, i.e The Dolman / Morley stand or The Wedlock / Pullin Stand?

Do the Rugby club name their stands after club legends?

Just got mine, first impressions

Overall quality seems a little below what we've come to expect from the likes of Adidas which I guess is not unreasonable for going 'bespoke'

The good:

Love the little details, such as 'Bristol City' on the buttons

Badge quality seems really nice

The bad:

The Poplar Insulation logo on the back. Bleurgh. Presumed this would only be on the players version and not the replica.

The RSG logo has been pressed on so hard that there are dimple marks all over it. Not impressed with that.

Sorry for the sideways images, bloody phone!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Of course, it's just playing on my childhood memories. It's not the end of the world but a tad sad to see. I think most of the footballing community and apprehensive of their board changing their club to fit with financial structures. Obviously, no where in the same ball park as Cardiff, Hull and badge changes at West Ham and Everton it does get to me that the clubs name is starting to disappear from areas of Ashton Gate.

That actually was a genuine question. I could imagine Ashley having a sports direct at the ground stuffed with Newcastle merchandise. Does anyone know if there is a sports direct at their ground?

Hopefully, they'll have a picture of Beryl high on the wall of the shop, overseeing everything.

Just got mine, first impressions

Overall quality seems a little below what we've come to expect from the likes of Adidas which I guess is not unreasonable for going 'bespoke'

The good:

Love the little details, such as 'Bristol City' on the buttons

Badge quality seems really nice

The bad:

The Poplar Insulation logo on the back. Bleurgh. Presumed this would only be on the players version and not the replica.

The RSG logo has been pressed on so hard that there are dimple marks all over it. Not impressed with that.

Sorry for the sideways images, bloody phone!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those dimple marks are shocking!

Are they all like that?

Just exchanged my shirt cos of the dimples to one without, very poor by the shop ,probably did them in a rush..some logos I saw had big black marks and looked dirty ... Nice fitting shirt and looks good tbh but for top whack money these little nuances shouldnt happen and do matter ,very impressed with the hoodie I bought tho I must say

Just spoken to a guy at the club shop and been told that they're supposed to be dimpled all over so it's as if it's part of the fabric of the shirt. So

It's actually the smooth patches that are 'wrong' not the dimpled patches.

He said once it's washed it should all be like it, but if not, to take it back and they will put it under the heat press and it will be like it all over.

Opposite of what I was told but dont wanna sit here slating them , as long as it doesn't peel off im happy as I hand wash all my shirts anyway ..as I said apart from that im pleased with how it looks and feels ,will still be buying the away top

Archived