IGNORED

Bristol Sport - New Kit (Merged)

SuperFly2002

Just got mine, first impressions

Overall quality seems a little below what we've come to expect from the likes of Adidas which I guess is not unreasonable for going 'bespoke'

The good:

Love the little details, such as 'Bristol City' on the buttons

Badge quality seems really nice

The bad:

The Poplar Insulation logo on the back. Bleurgh. Presumed this would only be on the players version and not the replica.

The RSG logo has been pressed on so hard that there are dimple marks all over it. Not impressed with that.

Sorry for the sideways images, bloody phone!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Defo seems like the sponsor deal was done late, so applied in haste..

Gonna cause problems in matter of time..

I suppose you get what you get..

Adidas - good quality - but poor supply.

Bristol Sport - not so good quality - good supply..

Do like the rugger collar & button detail..........

How do the sizes compare Pooki?

Well I like a loose fit and id say they are a bit more forgiving than the adidas ones in a regular fit ..overall I like it ,especially now im wearing it , some of the training kit with the white piping looks well smart ,especially the hoodies ?

The new kit launched at 5, when I got in by 5:30 they'd shat the whole single-XL stock. Plenty of 2-Xs and Larges, but zero in between. Lesson for 2015 is there are plenty of just-fat-enough City fans who want to buy shirts.

The new kit launched at 5, when I got in by 5:30 they'd shat the whole single-XL stock. Plenty of 2-Xs and Larges, but zero in between. Lesson for 2015 is there are plenty of just-fat-enough City fans who want to buy shirts.

I know sometimes shirts do look like poo but why did they feel the need to shit on these quality shirts? Must have been quite some effort shitting on them all within half hour.

Okay .. seen the shirt .. a few things are not quite as hoped... lets start with the good stuff

Old skool football shirt style with proper white floppy (rugger style) coller .. like it! (although i was warned to wash at low temperature to avoid red shirt dye colouring it)

The bristol crest is machine stitched and not the bluddy fuzzy felt cr*p that Adidas stuck on everything, so it will hold up well to washes and not degrade and break apart around the shield.

Red is brighter than previous kit.

The wording 'The Robins' is stitched just below the collar at the back and also on the slits at the bottom sides of the shirt...neat

the bad stuff (in my opinion)

The bristol crest is machine stitched but it is a light thin machine stitch that looks like just a print from distance. Go back and look at the Puma kits. That is a heavy stitch and looks far better quality.

The bristol sport is too big .. just 2/3rds the size it is now would be fine thanks.

Its all too low on the shirt .. the RSG logo, Bristol crest and Bristol sport logo should be at least an inch to two inches higher. It should be on the bloomin chest, and not around the moobs and belly thanks..

that's my rant over

Okay .. seen the shirt .. a few things are not quite as hoped... lets start with the good stuff

Old skool football shirt style with proper white floppy (rugger style) coller .. like it! (although i was warned to wash at low temperature to avoid red shirt dye colouring it)

The bristol crest is machine stitched and not the bluddy fuzzy felt cr*p that Adidas stuck on everything, so it will hold up well to washes and not degrade and break apart around the shield.

The wording 'The Robins' is stitched just below the collar at the back and also on the slits at the bottom sides of the shirt...neat

The bristol crest is machine stitched but it is a light thin machine stitch that looks like just a print from distance. Go back and look at the Puma kits. That is a heavy stitch and looks far better quality.

The bristol sport is too big .. just 2/3rds the size it is now would be fine thanks.

Its all too low on the shirt .. the RSG logo, Bristol crest and Bristol sport logo should be at least an inch to two inches higher. It should be on the bloomin chest, and not around the moobs and belly thanks..

that's my rant over

Thanks Gok Wan.

And before you say it, I know....

that's my rant over

Wouldn't say its a rant, this is the sort of feedback the club needs to help get it right next year. Id encourage everyone to leave the club feedback on things they could do better - its their first shirt and it will get better with time especially with the fans help!

Update on dimple gate - just ask them to pop it under the heat press for half a second - this is the result. Looks much better and now a uniform finish all over instead of patches of dimples.

6b014e595ac18290874794057747636c.png

Good job.

Hopefully they'll take that on board and press all the shirts, so they don't look tacky on the shop floor.

Another issue -

When I bought the shirt I was told to wash it on cold for the first wash.

I thought I'd try it ....I did and the collar is pink.

I have taken it back this morning and was told to wash it again on 30 degrees and if its still pink, to take it back.

Its now in the wash on 30. I'm not confident this will work... I'll let you know

They do recognise a problem with this first batch and are looking at changing the way they dye the material in future.

Another issue -

I have taken it back this morning and was told to wash it again on 30 degrees and if its still pink, to take it back.

Its now in the wash on 30. I'm not confident this will work... I'll let you know

They do recognise a problem with this first batch and are looking at changing the way they dye the material in future.

Oh gawd, just what I wanted to hear! Colour really should not be running out at 30 degrees!

Oh gawd, just what I wanted to hear! Colour really should not be running out at 30 degrees!

Problems like this are likely to happen, what's good is that the club are willing to exchange shirts that experience problems. Next seasons shirts should be spot on.

Another issue -

The collar still has a pink tinge to it.

I'd be interested in other peoples results...

Sounds like its going to cost them money rather than make them money with this running dye. Hopefully it is just a faulty batch and not the process they are using.

Could be a mighty expensive outlay if it is a reoccurring theme with people taking them back.

Problems like this are likely to happen, what's good is that the club are willing to exchange shirts that experience problems. Next seasons shirts should be spot on.

As well they should!

And should this kind of problem happen, really? You'd think before making thousands of shirts you'd check to see if they can be washed without turning all the white bits pink. Or am I expecting too much here?!

Archived