IGNORED

Bristol Sport - New Kit (Merged)

SuperFly2002

The shirts are ok but the shorts?? PE shorts imo. As for wearing shirts every time I wear a shirt to a match we lose so stopped wearing ones to games ages ago. Come to think of it the last two times I wore one was at Wembley and the Mil Stad.

Well let's hope the actual kit doesn't reflect the cheap looking quality of the training kit..

Own branded gear always a risk.. Supply good.. Cost good.. Quality.............. Questionable....?

So hoping price reflects the quality.... CHEAP......

City fans have been crying out for years for something simple. Mostly red with white trim. City produce this and suddenly we're all against it. Give the club a year or two to get through the teething troubles and I'm sure we'll have some excellent kits.

Looking at it watching the videos , the training gear looks well made and retro. I think if it had the Adidas, Nike or Puma logo on it people would be saying it looks smart. I haven't bought any of the kits for 20 years or more so it's not really a problem for me but if i had one criticism i think the Bristol sport logo should be a bit smaller. 

Looking at it watching the videos , the training gear looks well made and retro. I think if it had the Adidas, Nike or Puma logo on it people would be saying it looks smart. I haven't bought any of the kits for 20 years or more so it's not really a problem for me but if i had one criticism i think the Bristol sport logo should be a bit smaller.

TFG... Welcome back...

I'm of the opinion that it's not cool to wear tops to the footie, but okay if you're popping down the shops, on holiday, etc ...

Noooooooooo! Nothing wrong with creating a sea of red at AG, but if you wash your car wearing colours that's chav central.

I just thought about TFG, and that in turn made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Question - do we know if this is a one-off or is there a length to this deal? Because my reading would be that the ever astute owner has decided no point signing a 3 or 5 year kit deal with a proper manufacturer now when we're in League One, because the value of the deal is less than if we're back in the Championship. So I'm guessing this Bristol Sport thing is a stop gap until we are?

Adidas are a multi-billion pound company who have decades of experience making/creating this sort of thing. Design(colour/pattern) is subjective, but they know how to create a 'fit' and something that looks/feels decent.

Look at this Bristol Sport stuff and tell me somebody at Adidas would be happy with that design/fit, not on your nelly! The collar is disproportionate in size, it's ill fitting(way way too baggy) in length and width. It looks like something from the late 90's (which isn't a good thing!). The players look uncomfortable wearing them and IMO it makes us look unprofessional and tinpot.

10313295_10152269984348790_4260196140636

10411137_10152269983053790_1714628237344

10297562_10152269983193790_6911242243393

The problem wasn't Adidas, the problem was us being a league one team therefore only getting access to a few templates to choose from! Look at Chelsea, Bayern etc, all lovely contemporary looking kits which are professional and well fitted. The teams who have gone for Adidas this season are already releasing some lovely looking/fitting (Florest for example).

The people who moaned and groaned about Adidas are about to get their just desserts with this pile of dog shit.

Adidas are a multi-billion pound company who have decades of experience making/creating this sort of thing. Design(colour/pattern) is subjective, but they know how to create a 'fit' and something that looks/feels decent.

Look at this Bristol Sport stuff and tell me somebody at Adidas would be happy with that design/fit, not on your nelly! The collar is disproportionate in size, it's ill fitting(way way too baggy) in length and width. It looks like something from the late 90's (which isn't a good thing!). The players look uncomfortable wearing them and IMO it makes us look unprofessional and tinpot.

The problem wasn't Adidas, the problem was us being a league one team therefore only getting access to a few templates to choose from! Look at Chelsea, Bayern etc, all lovely contemporary looking kits which are professional and well fitted. The teams who have gone for Adidas this season are already releasing some lovely looking/fitting (Florest for example).

The people who moaned and groaned about Adidas are about to get their just desserts with this pile of dog shit.

does it really matter if the team get promoted tho'?,

'Ark at Gok Wan mind!!

it's ill fitting(way way too baggy) in length and width.

Does that not indicate that they are wearing a size too big - wear the next size down and it would fit ok?

Ps please take this in the way it is intended - lighthearted observation!

The problem was partly to do with Adidas the club couldn't sell any training wear because it wasn't delivered it wasn't just us that had this problem was some Premier League sides as well.

Would have been interesting if they didn't cock this up would the club had extended the Adidas deal?

does it really matter if the team get promoted tho'?,

Personally I think if you have the best tools to do the job, you have a better chance of getting the job done properly. Turning up for a physical job wearing ill-fitting cheap looking kit, will hinder your performance and hardly inspire confidence.

it's ill fitting(way way too baggy) in length and width.

Does that not indicate that they are wearing a size too big - wear the next size down and it would fit ok?

Ps please take this in the way it is intended - lighthearted observation!

Wear the next size down and the shirt is then too short. The problem is the disproportionate width v length (due to not 'fitting'), coupled with the lop sidded huge neck and sleeves, making it look baggy and difficult to move in effectively. As I mentioned above, if that was put infront of somebody at Adidas to sign-off it would have been rejected many stages ago.

Chelsea 14/15 - put the subjective colours to one side, and look at the fit of the shirt. It doesn't just 'hang' off a body like the Bristol Sport shirt pictured above does. The neck, sleeves and taper of the length are all proportionate.

Chelsea+14-15+Home+Kit+(1).jpg

In fact you don't have to look at other teams shirts fit, just compare some of our previous Adidas training kit to the Bristol Sport stuff above...

6127572-large.jpg

Personally I think if you have the best tools to do the job, you have a better chance of getting the job done properly. Turning up for a physical job wearing ill-fitting cheap looking kit, will hinder your performance and hardly inspire confidence.

the shirt won't make much diffrence unless your man utd away southhampton

Archived