IGNORED

Bristol Sport - New Kit (Merged)

SuperFly2002

Personally I think if you have the best tools to do the job, you have a better chance of getting the job done properly. Turning up for a physical job wearing ill-fitting cheap looking kit, will hinder your performance and hardly inspire confidence.

Witness Stuart Sinclair, Rovers' new signing!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20140702-aaronwilbraham-1712715.aspx

looking and Wilbraham story I think it looks quite retro which is what people wanted, the issue I have is the god awful Bristol Sports logo, that needs to be smaller

The Bristol sport logo also looks like something else belonging to a woman. I'm amazed no-one on the Trust commented on this.

These sort of debates always amaze me.For me, a football shirt is just a football shirt. I may occasionally wear one to show support for the team at the ground, but I'd never dream of wearing one out and about.

None of them look particularly good. Especially when worn by paunchy middle-aged men, who are the group most often seen in them.

• Admin

The Bristol sport logo also looks like something else belonging to a woman. I'm amazed no-one on the Trust commented on this.

Remember that this ISN'T the kit that the fans parliament saw.

Can anyone who was at the meeting where the kit was shown confirm whether it had the Bristol Sport logo on it?

Home shirts and shorts are discounted online and in the club shop. I don't think training wear was ever made available for sale which was a shame.

Training-wear was never available as Adidas let us (and other clubs) down, however if you want a shirt, an even cheaper place (than the club shop) to get last seasons shirts is here:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161694-current-home-away-shirts-available-for-just-1499-each/

• Admin

Another bastion of manliness tumbles, it's akin to a cheap womens mag on this thread, all the bitchiness about style and fit, who cares who makes the kit, the players wear it for 90 minutes once or twice a week and I am bewildered that its been mooted that the lack of a designer label could affect perfomance.......

Another bastion of manliness tumbles, it's akin to a cheap womens mag on this thread, all the bitchiness about style and fit, who cares who makes the kit, the players wear it for 90 minutes once or twice a week and I am bewildered that its been mooted that the lack of a designer label could affect perfomance.......

Who said the lack of label will affect performance?!?

A shirt is not just a shirt, just like to a tradesman a drill is not just a drill. Varying levels of quality are out there, and for an athlete to perform/compete to their best its wise to have the best available equipment for the job.

There's a reason why shirts aren't designed like they were in the 1990's. Gone are the days of needing something baggy so you could breath in the polyester, shirts have new technology that allow skin to breath through tight fitting clothing and have a level of elasticity. Less material equals more fluid movement and resistance.

I'm by no means an athlete, but even I understand the basic premise of progress. A shirt for an athlete is NOT just how it looks, it's how it fits and hangs so it interferes in the minimalist possible way.

• Admin

Who said the lack of label will affect performance?!?

A shirt is not just a shirt, just like to a tradesman a drill is not just a drill. Varying levels of quality are out there, and for an athlete to perform/compete to their best its wise to have the best available equipment for the job.

There's a reason why shirts aren't designed like they were in the 1990's. Gone are the days of needing something baggy so you could breath in the polyester, shirts have new technology that allow skin to breath through tight fitting clothing and have a level of elasticity. Less material equals more fluid movement and resistance.

I'm by no means an athlete, but even I understand the basic premise of progress. A shirt for an athlete is NOT just how it looks, it's how it fits and hangs so it interferes in the minimalist possible way.

So why don't the football shorts of the 70's which were shorts, not knee length, make a return, they must be much less restrictive than the modern shorts?

Fan # 1 " Yer, you going down the gate today ? "

Fan #2 "too right, should be a good un "

Fan #1 "wos wearin ?"

Fan #2 "me city top"

Fan #1 "wot un, home or away ?"

Fan #2 "home"

Fan #1 "wot season ?"

Fan #2 "this un"

Fan #1 "good, aint got it yet,,,didnt want us to clash...

Fan # 1 " Yer, you going down the gate today ? "

Fan #2 "too right, should be a good un "

Fan #1 "wos wearin ?"

Fan #2 "me city top"

Fan #1 "wot un, home or away ?"

Fan #2 "home"

Fan #1 "wot season ?"

Fan #2 "this un"

Fan #1 "good, aint got it yet,,,didnt want us to clash...

Fan #1 is a bit of a nosey get, innee.

I always wore the Adidas training kit at the gym because it looked smart.I won't be wearing this stuff because it looks like it was sold to the club by the towel man in east street.

Excuse me!

There is nothing wrong with my towels until you put them on too high a wash.

Ditto the training shirts - and hence the distorted collars. 

My thoughts entirely.

Surely a simple singlet would suffice for training, and a 'high-quality' shirt - if it really exists - should be for the players only: us simple supporters would surely accept a (non-sweating) replica.

Archived