IGNORED

England Vs India Test Series

Monkeh

but if we don't let the young players develop at test level how are we going to replace broad and Anderson?

Jordan and Finn are both 25... England have said they would be rotating seamers through the series, can't see Broad at least playing all 5 so need someone with experience to replace him at some stage probably, so best to give Finn a game, he looked good in the recent T20 on TV, running in bowling with pace and aggression, was back to his stage where he was falling over in the follow through however that was also the time when he took loads of wickets.

I see Hales scored another ton for the lions today. This guy needs to be in the one day team without doubt, especially with a world cup next year.

Agreed, Hales should have been in our ODI side ages ago.

I see Hales scored another ton for the lions today. This guy needs to be in the one day team without doubt, especially with a world cup next year.

Since he had that loan spell at Worcs he seems to have got his head right. He's been equally good in the LVCC.

very good toss to lose!

I was just going to post - 8/3 - good toss to win (sarcastic!).

Still a long time to go - ditto Somerset, who Have Msex scoring very poorly.

As ever, await the next innings before judging.

Cook said he wanted to bat first - a two hour delay and he may have his wish.

Great work to bowl them all out for 152.  We do look slightly weak on the 3 and 4th bowler front but then we are lucky to have two world class seamers I guess.

Time to bat long and bat once.

Great work to bowl them all out for 152.  We do look slightly weak on the 3 and 4th bowler front but then we are lucky to have two world class seamers I guess.

Time to bat long and bat once.

Don't rate Woakes one bit.

Awful leave from Robson, think he needs to go back to his county for a bit. Commentators curse though- Nasser Hussain had said 2 overs before that you can "leave on length" at Old Trafford; he perhaps should have caveated that with "as long as the ball isn't swinging around corners!

England won't go back to Carberry or Compton as it would be admitting their mistake. I reckon when Robson goes (he will get a while longer) either they will move Root up again or call up someone like Hales who has been around the international set up

Compton looked like he was always waiting for that ball that was going to get him out- even making big scores in NZ he looked skittish

Carberry just straight-up isn't good enough IMO. Who to bring in instead is the question. Hales is a good shout, Lees or Lyth at Yorks (I'm biased) or move Root or Ali to open and play Stokes, Woakes and Jordan together

Wife's made me turn it off now :-(

Well that's that, appalling stuff really from India but England took chances and bowled well

Two days off for them as well. Well done Enlgand still not sure on Jordan and Woakes as international bowlers though

Finn has to come back next test for me, whether its for Jordan or Woakes either or. Having said that I wouldn't be against giving Broad time off this test, it's been said he needs a surgery so we may as well give him more time even if it is only a week or so more recovery time seeing as it will be going into the world cup, let him recover and come back.

We shouldn't lose the next test and if we were to I doubt it would be down to our bowling/India's batting. Finn will be raring to go as well, maybe another chance for Plunkett if okay

Robson I feel has this test to show what he can do, or serious questions will be being asked. I think England are desperate for him to suceed so he won't be out if he doesn't score big but there will be big pressure next series. Tbh Lyth and Hales are the ones atm he has to be wary of, otherwise there aren't too many other viable options.

Archived