IGNORED

England Vs India Test Series

Monkeh

England looking much better than they have in the last 12 months. I'm starting to think (although not getting complacent) that England are back to where they were last summer.

India however, have just been woeful in all but one of these test. And I mean that....completely awful.

They look worse than the 2011 team that toured England.. and they were pretty awful.  Shows how low England's confidence was to lose at Lords.

Yep, Based on the other matches since the first test, I think it shows just how bad India are... But what the **** has happened to them is the question that needs to be asked.

They look worse than the 2011 team that toured England.. and they were pretty awful.  Shows how low England's confidence was to lose at Lords.

Yep, Based on the other matches since the first test, I think it shows just how bad India are... But what the **** has happened to them is the question that needs to be asked.

Had this same conversation with a friend after the last test:  as much as a confidence boost it is for players to get runs and/or wickets, showed how low we stooped at Lord's.  Still, you can only beat who you're up against, and hopefully we can get this done in under 3 days again.  Jinxed result ahoy.

England looking much better than they have in the last 12 months. I'm starting to think (although not getting complacent) that England are back to where they were last summer.

India however, have just been woeful in all but one of these test. And I mean that....completely awful.

Still room for improvement in that team.

I would swap Robson with Carberry.

And also bring in Stokes and Finn for Woakes and Jordan. Woakes and Jordan are better bat's but Stokes and Finn will provide more depth in our bowling attack, especially if Broad and Jimmy are having an off day.

India were truly shocking in 2011. Think this team is slightly better than that one. That 2011 team had a lot of the veterans in the twilight of their careers. There was no energy in the team, especially when they were down.

This team is slightly better, a lot of the batsmen are youngster playing for the first/second time is English conditions. Thing is, back in the day the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar, VVS, Ganguly all turned out for a season or two in county cricket just to become familiar with the English conditions etc and enhance their games.

These days none of these new breed of Indian batsmen have even spent a summer here playing county cricket and have never been properly examined under huge pressure outside their off stump. 

Mind you, we are absolutely dreadful whenever we go over to India so the same can be said of us against the turning ball on a dustbowl of a wicket.

Cook going to get any credit for this or is he still useless ;)

This for me is a neutral series for Cook. He'll win the series (probably 3-1) which is good, but against one of the worst test sides I have ever seen which makes a win meaningless. Hopefully Cook will take confidence from his decent batting and move on.

Archived