IGNORED

England Vs India Test Series

Monkeh

Roll on the ashes in 12 months....

:pray:  :pray:  :crying:  :argh:   

If this summer is anything to go by , I guess we'll be asking the Aussies what pitches would suit them best and start the preparation to their requirements.

How have we gone from No.1 in the world and back to serial collapsers in such a short time. 

Poor leadership from selectors through coach onto Captain.

I've never had much faith in Moores, that's for sure.

:pray:  :pray:  :crying:  :argh:   

If this summer is anything to go by , I guess we'll be asking the Aussies what pitches would suit them best and start the preparation to their requirements.

How have we gone from No.1 in the world and back to serial collapsers in such a short time. 

Poor leadership from selectors through coach onto Captain.

I admire Cook's detemination to put it right but he's working with both hands behind his back blindfolded,

He also goes defensive rather then go for the kill as shown in our inability to bowl out tailenders,

Dhoni got it right yesterday, the length ball wasn't working so he went short and bang 6 wickets in 50 runs, (alot of help from the english batsmen), where as cook doesn't change thing, bowling short not working well keep bowling while I move the men out onto the boundrys,

It's got me thinking that Moores must instruct them to save runs rather then risk boundrys to go for wickets,

Lets face it this is prob the worst indian side in 50 years and the ease in which they have outthought, out bowled and out batted England is worrying there seems no sign of the rot stopping and our unwillingness to blood new players is holding us back,

Granted they need to be blooded in the correct conditions not like Simon Keigan was in Oz, England got it right with Jordan against sri lanka, I thought he was decent with the bat and decent if not unlucky with the ball, He was unliky to miss out to stokes, but Stokes should be dropped as his form with the bat is worse then mine (my highest score was 2 not out but then I'm a bowler),

England need to be bold and need to trust some of these first class players like Compton (I agree with tom the way england treated him is awful), Buttler etc,

The really worrying thing for me is the bowlers with out the waywood Anderson and Broad (both who haven't bowled well this summer) who have we got to make the step up?, we ruined finn Onions has disapeared, we need to be giving a young pace man a chance, he he gets hit for a few runs so be it, it will help him devlop,

And our best batsmen is no longer needed....

Peterson isn't in good form, if he was playing still he would be lumped in with the rest, I watched him against somerset the other night and he looked as bad as the rest of the english batsmen,

One thing tho' the captancy didn't effect his form but he is too diversive in the changing room to pick,

In other news, Steve Kirby has been forced to retire. I'll miss his sheer blood and guts style effort.  Was absolute gentleman off the pitch, shall miss him at the CG

I'm not sure Butler is quite ready, he's not been that great with his gloves in LVCC but he's been consistency good with bat. I'd have said Kieswetter would have been in with a shout but that's gone now with his injury.

Foster could be a short term fix.

I'd also bring Compton back in and play him at 3 where he excels for Somerset time and time again (highest average in LVCC since 2011)

Agree about Compton. Don't really want Somerset to lose him, and I don't think England will pick him now but it's what they should be doing. I'm pretty sure that Ballance was batting at 4 or 5 for Yorkshire anyway? Not convinced about Robson at all but all the new players should get until the end of this series at least.

Monkeh makes a good point about Ali. He's come in, batted well at times and bowled pretty well too but has been ludicrously and inexplicably underbowled.

Good luck to Jos. Nice to see a Somerset lad get the call.

I admire Cook's detemination to put it right but he's working with both hands behind his back blindfolded,

He also goes defensive rather then go for the kill as shown in our inability to bowl out tailenders,

Agree , Cook's defensive tactics cost us the first test against Sri Lanka  and the record of tailend batsmen against us this summer is shocking !

Dhoni got it right yesterday, the length ball wasn't working so he went short and bang 6 wickets in 50 runs, (alot of help from the english batsmen), where as cook doesn't change thing, bowling short not working well keep bowling while I move the men out onto the boundrys,

It's got me thinking that Moores must instruct them to save runs rather then risk boundrys to go for wickets,

Another  thing about Cook ,Try paln A ,  plan A isn't working ? try plan B ..... Plan B is see plan A.

As an overall attack , and so must be under orders , bowled too short even when the ball is moving and seaming.

Lets face it this is prob the worst indian side in 50 years and the ease in which they have outthought, out bowled and out batted England is worrying there seems no sign of the rot stopping and our unwillingness to blood new players is holding us back,

Granted they need to be blooded in the correct conditions not like Simon Keigan was in Oz, England got it right with Jordan against sri lanka, I thought he was decent with the bat and decent if not unlucky with the ball, He was unliky to miss out to stokes, but Stokes should be dropped as his form with the bat is worse then mine (my highest score was 2 not out but then I'm a bowler),

I think I'm right in saying India have the worst away record in World Cricket...... until they come here.

Stokes was brought in as a batter who could ball , now he's a bowler who can bat a bit, not good enough on either count at the moment.

England need to be bold and need to trust some of these first class players like Compton (I agree with tom the way england treated him is awful), Buttler etc,

The really worrying thing for me is the bowlers with out the waywood Anderson and Broad (both who haven't bowled well this summer) who have we got to make the step up?, we ruined finn Onions has disapeared, we need to be giving a young pace man a chance, he he gets hit for a few runs so be it, it will help him devlop,

What has happened to Finn? The problem with any new player coming into a struggling team is they don't get time , and it is so hard to come in and shine , Joe Root apart it hasn't happened for a while. Even Bell looks out of touch , whatever is causing it no one has looked consistently good for some time. 

Everything about this series is a shambles from on the pitch to the ridiculous schedule. Test matches should cover a Saturday and a Sunday. To start a test match on a Sunday is ridiculous IMO.

Everything about this series is a shambles from on the pitch to the ridiculous schedule. Test matches should cover a Saturday and a Sunday. To start a test match on a Sunday is ridiculous IMO.

imo test should always start on a thursday and finish on a monday, the pitch need to do a bit for the bowler, as beefy kept saying "its a compertion between bat and ball"

there are so many things wrong with england and the ECB at the moment, from pricing down to groundsmen dragging their feet along the wicket,

we had a 5 year plan to becaome the best test playing nation but we had no plan after that, so much went in to this current generation (from 2005 onwards) nothing has gone into the next generation,

the ECB needs radical reforms imo, they need to stop pricing people out of test cricket,

Without getting everyone into the whole 'some counties are more favoured than others debate', Adil Rashid has just taken 4-27 for Yorkshire, has a better bowling average than Kerrigan or Ali and averages 32 with the bat... Just saying like

As an aside, Adam Lyth is first past 1000 runs and has a bowling average just under 22... Again, just saying...

Without getting everyone into the whole 'some counties are more favoured than others debate', Adil Rashid has just taken 4-27 for Yorkshire, has a better bowling average than Kerrigan or Ali and averages 32 with the bat... Just saying like

As an aside, Adam Lyth is first past 1000 runs and has a bowling average just under 22... Again, just saying...

Yep, Lyth definately should be in, instead the selectors picked an Aussie.

He's been outstanding with the bat this season, bet his average this season is closer to 45-50 isn't it?

In a way I think he might be best staying with Yorks for rest of season - they will probably win the league and that's great experience. Then take him on the winter tour..

He's been outstanding with the bat this season, bet his average this season is closer to 45-50 isn't it?

In a way I think he might be best staying with Yorks for rest of season - they will probably win the league and that's great experience. Then take him on the winter tour..

BBC are telling me 32, I thought he'd have higher than that too

I agree; probably better off staying with Yorks for now but I can't think of a better option right now! I imagine Ali will be kept faith with for now and to be honest I think he's done ok

Much better day against a weak attack in fairness. Ballance and Cook played very well. Going to be tough though to bowl them out twice on this pitch especially as they have played the extra batsmen.

Bell for me is the best batsman we've had in recent memory, good to see him back in the runs.

indeed, its only cook's woeful form with the bat that has deflected the attention away from bell who's been just as bad,

Its pleasing to see the pressure on them starting to lift,

I predict 100 runs and 5 wickest in this session as england try and accelrate the run rate, 450 - 500 will make it hard for the indians if england don't do anything stupid with the ball,

Haha probably was out but then Ballance was never out earlier so things even it out.  Glad he's off and running now.

too hard to tell tom so rightly the batsman gets the call, serves the indians right for not allowing DRS

Archived