IGNORED

England Vs India Test Series

Monkeh

A sad end to his international career. Buttler will be in for the next test.

I wanted Buttler in from the start to be honest, Prior has been a good servent but he like most of englands senior players haven't been performing, I see Jos as a future captain myself, but until he's been given a fair crack in the test arena who knows,

Stokes isn't a bad bowler like Ali but both need to work on it, but Ben needs to score runs he's avg about 1 with the bat for the postion he bats in that needs to be 35 at least

dear oh dear oh dear,

Where do England go from here?

on the face of it bringing back Moores is a diaster no wonder none of the top coaches would touch this job,

a radical rethink needs to happen now not after the series but right now!

We were bumped out how did that happen?

Why did we continue to bowl short when it wasn't working,

Why pick Ali as a first choice spinner only to not trust him with the ball (I thought he did a decent job)

Cook's postion is untenable to me but he will stay as there simply is no one esle,

I like Buttler but don't feel he's the answer in test cricket I still think Bairstow is a better option, the Saffers peppered him and he came back stronger for it against the short ball. Get rid of Stokes brought in to add extra batting with his bowling yet he's been shocking, I wouldn't go back to Jordan, I'd go with Finn, reports say he's getting back to how he used to be.

1) Cook (just because too many changes for 1 test wouldn't be beneficial)

2) Robson (Must improve though)

3) Ballance

4) Bell 

5) Root

6) Ali

7) Bairstow

8) Broad

9) Plunkett

10) Anderson

11) Finn

I still maintain we need an out and out spinner though, Ali isn't good enough long term, also a few questions about his batting emerging. Kerrigan or Borthwick are most likely. Would still like to see James Taylor have a go in test cricket.

I like Buttler but don't feel he's the answer in test cricket I still think Bairstow is a better option, the Saffers peppered him and he came back stronger for it against the short ball. Get rid of Stokes brought in to add extra batting with his bowling yet he's been shocking, I wouldn't go back to Jordan, I'd go with Finn, reports say he's getting back to how he used to be.

1) Cook (just because too many changes for 1 test wouldn't be beneficial)

2) Robson (Must improve though)

3) Ballance

4) Bell 

5) Root

6) Ali

7) Bairstow

8) Broad

9) Plunkett

10) Anderson

11) Finn

I still maintain we need an out and out spinner though, Ali isn't good enough long term, also a few questions about his batting emerging. Kerrigan or Borthwick are most likely. Would still like to see James Taylor have a go in test cricket.

you can't pick finn Cook would be a better bowler then him at the moment, Bairstow has had a chance Buttler hasn't, Bell has to get a score in the next test,

1) Robson

2) Ballance

3) Root

4) Bell

5) Cook

6) Buttler

7) Ali

8) Broad

9) Plunket

10 Anderson

11) Gurney

1. England captain Alastair Cook: "It's an issue with confidence, getting over that line. We are desperate to win for England. The longer that builds up, it is going to take a serious performance.

"A lot of the standout performances have been from the younger players. The older guys aren't playing as well as their record suggests. I've got to start scoring runs as well."

Good point well made Alastair, but you shouldn't be opening at the moment drop down the order please

you can't pick finn Cook would be a better bowler then him at the moment, Bairstow has had a chance Buttler hasn't, Bell has to get a score in the next test,

1) Robson

2) Ballance

3) Root

4) Bell

5) Cook

6) Buttler

7) Ali

8) Broad

9) Plunket

10 Anderson

11) Gurney

I went by something I read regarding Finn however the sooner he gets back to normal the better for England.

However regarding your order, test cricket shouldn't be the arena where you move a player 'down the order' so that they find form. Cook is an opener, if he's not up to scratch you find a new opener, same goes for Ballance he shouldn't move up to open while  doing well at 3. 

Chucking a name out for the all rounder spot, Tom Smith top wicket taker in Div 1 by the looks and has a decent batting average this season. Thinking about it I would chuck someone else in at the top probably Lyth 1000 runs so far this season.

1) Lyth 

2) Robson

3) Ballance

4) Bell

5) Root

6) Bairstow

7) Smith/Woakes

8) Broad

9) Plunkett

10) Anderson

11) Kerrigan

I'm not sure Butler is quite ready, he's not been that great with his gloves in LVCC but he's been consistency good with bat. I'd have said Kieswetter would have been in with a shout but that's gone now with his injury.

Foster could be a short term fix.

I'd also bring Compton back in and play him at 3 where he excels for Somerset time and time again (highest average in LVCC since 2011)

I'm not sure Butler is quite ready, he's not been that great with his gloves in LVCC but he's been consistency good with bat. I'd have said Kieswetter would have been in with a shout but that's gone now with his injury.

I'd also bring Compton back in and play him at 3 where he excels for Somerset time and time again (highest average in LVCC since 2011)

And bat Ballance where?

I would leave Compton at Somerset if are to have any chance of winning the championship!

I would also hope that Kieswetter recovers sufficiently to reclaim his Somerset place (or that Barrow returns instead of acting as sub for England!)

Yeah he's not quit as such, just saying he's out for rest of summer. By all accounts he must know that he won't return.

That bloody cricketer of the year award was an absolute jinx

Best of luck, Jos.

Could be captain within 12 months I reckon.  Sadly the golden era is going but we have some great youngsters coming through. With the right coach & captain we can be pretty good again.

Archived