IGNORED

England Vs India Test Series

Monkeh

India going slow again, however they should be at least 3 down. Prior dropping a fairly standard catch off Ali, properly into the gloves and out again

Prior has to go, how many has he dropped in this series so far? More poor bowling just far too short again. Everyone can see it apart from the bowling coach, Cook and the bowler.

I am getting sick and tired of this now. Just bowl at the bloody stumps FFS instead of trying to take the batters heads off. It is braindead cricket and whoever is making these calls seriously need to go.

Prior has to go, how many has he dropped in this series so far? More poor bowling just far too short again. Everyone can see it apart from the bowling coach, Cook and the bowler.

This may be my Glos bias, but you pick the best wicketkeeper and start from there. Unless he doesn't come from the Land of Sex and Roses, of course. Where's the Land of Sex and Roses?Sussex, Essex, Middlesex, Surrey, Yorkshire and Lancashire.

I am getting sick and tired of this now. Just bowl at the bloody stumps FFS instead of trying to take the batters heads off. It is braindead cricket and whoever is making these calls seriously need to go.

that would ether be moores #(who did the same last time he was in charge) or Cook both under pressure, I think cook will make a big score in this game,

the session after lunch when they bowled line and length resulted in wickets...... its not hard,

Indian bowlers are bowling far better than our so called superstars did yesterday.

line and length, its not hard, I think our bowlers must be instructed to bowl short to the tail there is no other reason for it

I don't get how England and the bowling team don't understand bowling at tail enders, they will be perfectly happy dodging a ball rather than trying to use technique to a pitched up ball.

Not sure what to do about Cook anymore, keeping faith with him is 1 thing but its been a while now. Tbh I think he will be given till the end of the series, if he doesn't do anything then his place on an overseas tour could be in doubt.

Cook is not playing against the best bowlers at county level. Needs to go to a top side and leave essex

he's not playing against the best bowlers in the world at the moment and he's struggling,

I think Tom is right, I think its the pressure of captancy,

Cook is not playing against the best bowlers at county level. Needs to go to a top side and leave essex

He, along with all the other test regulars, are barely playing for their counties full stop! And there's no point sending him back to Essex; their next 4 day game is August 15th- same day as the first day of England's last test against India...

I don't get how England and the bowling team don't understand bowling at tail enders, they will be perfectly happy dodging a ball rather than trying to use technique to a pitched up ball.

Not sure what to do about Cook anymore, keeping faith with him is 1 thing but its been a while now. Tbh I think he will be given till the end of the series, if he doesn't do anything then his place on an overseas tour could be in doubt.

Actually short pitched bowling is a great way to bowl against tail-enders on the right pitch; a classic Headingley wicket for example. Just not on a green, swinging pitch a couple of hours before a massive thunderstorm and especially not on a pillow like Trent Bridge

Actually short pitched bowling is a great way to bowl against tail-enders on the right pitch; a classic Headingley wicket for example. Just not on a green, swinging pitch a couple of hours before a massive thunderstorm and especially not on a pillow like Trent Bridge

Anderson is suseptable to the sort ball and normally gets out to it, but it becomes apparant to those watching that the short ball won't work but the men in the field seems unable to see it for some strange reason, its as if they don't have a plan b

Anderson is suseptable to the sort ball and normally gets out to it, but it becomes apparant to those watching that the short ball won't work but the men in the field seems unable to see it for some strange reason, its as if they don't have a plan b

The short ball should have been plan Z at Trent Bridge. It may actually work later on in this game if the pitch stays dry and cracks a bit, but when they got 4 wickets bowling a full length, I just don't understand why they went back to the short stuff. If a ball is good enough to get a Vijay or a Kolhi out, it's good enough to get a 10 or 11 out!

you could see that wicket coming with bell, we've already been let off a few times here, england really are digging themselfs into a hole, we bowled them out for 100 more then we should of yesterday thanks to poor tactics,

Lets hope root can be a rock again, bring in anderson next :)

harsh of root but thats 1-1 in the bad calls front from the umpire

Not really sure why we are playing India?  Until they fall in line with the rest of the cricketing world regarding DRS it is ridiculous entertaining them. 

How can you compare one players figures to another's when they are playing under different rules?

Even if India refuse DRS at home they should have to live with it during series away from India.

Archived