IGNORED

England Vs India Test Series

Monkeh

Well Done England.

I must admit, as I posted earlier, I would have enforced the follow on, but I had forgotten that we had included a world class spinner to take advantage of a deteriorating pitch.

You didn't need to be world class to bowl on that pitch, that's the point. My Nan could have picked up a couple and she's more of a medium pace swing bowler...

Jeez Somerset chasing 384 in the one day game at Taunton?! Billings hit 135 off 58 balls for Kent!

I was quite happy with 165/6 thinking we'd keep them around 250... whatever the fuck happened next is beyond me.

Surely Kallis played in a much better era?

Surely not, I doubt if Sobers ever got the chance to boost his stats against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or Sri Lanka plus were there not greats from Sobers' era ?

Oh Dear.

I can only say 'ditto'.

Having said that, DL is absolutely shuite at times. Kent went at 7.6 and over and yet we only lose 10 runs.. We finished with a higher RR and why they couldn't play to 6:30 is beyond me.. 12 runs off last two overs? Doddle

5fer for Moeen, delighted for the bloke.

to be fair to warne Tom, he has been praising him in this test and saying what good captancy it hs been, I think he's called things quite fairly,

?He was scathing for not giving the spinner a decent bowl (he was right) he was critical of Cooks defensive tactics and poor form again he was right,

but once cook did well with the bat and went on the attack he had nothing but praise,

as for Piers he's just a cock

to be fair to warne Tom, he has been praising him in this test and saying what good captancy it hs been, I think he's called things quite fairly,

?He was scathing for not giving the spinner a decent bowl (he was right) he was critical of Cooks defensive tactics and poor form again he was right,

but once cook did well with the bat and went on the attack he had nothing but praise,

as for Piers he's just a cock

THIS

Having said that, DL is absolutely shuite at times. Kent went at 7.6 and over and yet we only lose 10 runs.. We finished with a higher RR and why they couldn't play to 6:30 is beyond me.. 12 runs off last two overs? Doddle

And.

We lost one powerplay over, plus Kent's 'lost' two overs were those of their weaker bowlers!

There was nothing wrong with Finn till Saker ****** about with his action/run up. That said he's hardly been prolific in LVCC this season.

He's a pure confidence bowler and if he hasn't been bowling well for his county, it's unlikely he'll suddenly find form for England

He's a pure confidence bowler and if he hasn't been bowling well for his county, it's unlikely he'll suddenly find form for England

Few wickets against a pretty poor Indian batting line up might get his confidence back. He's definitely sorted out his run up, so who knows.

As it is not sure any changes likely.

Few wickets against a pretty poor Indian batting line up might get his confidence back. He's definitely sorted out his run up, so who knows.

As it is not sure any changes likely.

Finn won't make the final squad, they will stick with Jordan and Woakes, both bowled well at times Woakes was unlucky a fair few times,

Jordan is a confirdance bowler as well his bowled picked up after that awesome catch in the slips, We don't need to chop and change the two young fasts at the moment we need to give them a bit of game time,

Finn won't make the final squad, they will stick with Jordan and Woakes, both bowled well at times Woakes was unlucky a fair few times,

Jordan is a confirdance bowler as well his bowled picked up after that awesome catch in the slips, We don't need to chop and change the two young fasts at the moment we need to give them a bit of game time,

Finn would be a great choice at Old Trafford, I'd stick him in. Jordan hasn't really done it in tests yet, actually nor has Woakes.

Finn would be a great choice at Old Trafford, I'd stick him in. Jordan hasn't really done it in tests yet, actually nor has Woakes.

If it were me, the only change I'd make is Stokes for Jordan. But then again, we won the last teat by 244 runs, so why change anything?

If it were me, the only change I'd make is Stokes for Jordan. But then again, we won the last teat by 244 runs, so why change anything?

stokes is in as an all rounder, an all rounder who can't actually bat, I'd stick with Jordan he bowled well with aggression and can be devistating with the bat, he was unlucky to be dropped in the first place,

Forgetting Stokes has a test 100 to his name? Could just be a bit out of form with the bat.

Hmm so India are unhappy about the decision regarding Anderson and all of a sudden the ICC are considering appealing the decision made..... Nah BCCI have no power over the ICC at all.

Forgetting Stokes has a test 100 to his name? Could just be a bit out of form with the bat.

Hmm so India are unhappy about the decision regarding Anderson and all of a sudden the ICC are considering appealing the decision made..... Nah BCCI have no power over the ICC at all.

no i am not forgetting that, but in his last 6 innings he has scored 0,

Should we promoted Anderson to number 7 batsman because he socred 81?

Chris Jordan was unlucky to be dropped in the first place and in hindsight we shouldn't of dropped him

no i am not forgetting that, but in his last 6 innings he has scored 0,

Should we promoted Anderson to number 7 batsman because he socred 81?

Chris Jordan was unlucky to be dropped in the first place and in hindsight we shouldn't of dropped him

Okay if you want to claim about Stokes' poor form batting, Jordan is a bowler who has taken 5 wickets in 6 innings (3 in one of those) at an average of 70 and a strike rate of 134, not only that but how he bowled in the first innings was awful he doesn't deserve his place in the side at the moment while we have better options.

Okay if you want to claim about Stokes' poor form batting, Jordan is a bowler who has taken 5 wickets in 6 innings (3 in one of those) at an average of 70 and a strike rate of 134, not only that but how he bowled in the first innings was awful he doesn't deserve his place in the side at the moment while we have better options.

why change a winning side?

I would play Finn instead of Jordan his bowling was dreadful in the last test. We can't keep relying on Broad and Anderson all the time another seamer needs to step up.

but if we don't let the young players develop at test level how are we going to replace broad and Anderson?

Archived