IGNORED

Nfl Season

'Orns

Stumbled across a podcast over Christmas, 'Monday Morning Podcast' by Bill Burr

He's a comedian from the States, who obviously loves his football and talks a lot about the games. As you can tell by the name of the podcast he records late Sunday night, so it's still fresh for him. From Boston, so a Pats fan, but not a one eyed fan, good listen if you like sports based, sweary kind of stuff. He ripped into the Packers today, sounds they like dominated for most of the game, then played it safe when the end was in sight?

Not a fan of either, but hope Seahawks win again - I've had a gutsful of Brady & Bellichick

Just read on nfl.com that those lovely Patriots are being investigated for using deflated balls during yesterday's game

They really are a horrible bunch of people, they do bend and stretch the rules so everything falls into place for them

Numb, stunned, shocked etc. These are just some of the words that could describe me today. Words can not describe the last 4 minutes.

I am not sure you can put your finger on just one issue as there were loads that all contributed to us throwing that away and we did throw that away. I dont blame MM for taking the 3 points in the first couple of drives. Our record on 4th and goal from short ion recent weeks has been terrible. Besides we racked up enough points to be comfortably leading with three minutes to go.

It all comes down to some shocking individual errors from Bostick, Ha Ha and the worst being Burnett not running back the pick into Seahawks territory.

Overall we have thrown away a our 5th SB win as we would have beaten the Pats.

Another issue for me is that 12 will now never go down as a great, as greats will always find a way to win and I can see 12 ending his career with one ring when his ability means he should have walked away with several.

I like the Seahawks, like them even more since they did a number on the Packers ;)

Rooting for them to beat the Pats tonight. Seattles current team are possibly one of the best teams in NFL history.... 85 Bears are still the best in history mind.

1972 Dolphins would like a word with you.

Brady must go down as one of the greats but Seattle blew it big time. Shocking.

Has to, he's the man, as much as I hate the Pats

Only saw the first half, so haven't seen the Seahawks meltdown yet, threw on a 3 & 1 from 1 yard line, is that right? Was Beast Mode switched off??

Has to, he's the man, as much as I hate the Pats

Only saw the first half, so haven't seen the Seahawks meltdown yet, threw on a 3 & 1 from 1 yard line, is that right? Was Beast Mode switched off??

Yup, they inexplicably threw the ball.

To be fair, they had their share of luck with the reception earlier in the drive, when the ball bobbled about and somehow didn't hit the ground.

Yup, they inexplicably threw the ball.

To be fair, they had their share of luck with the reception earlier in the drive, when the ball bobbled about and somehow didn't hit the ground.

To be honest Wilson pretty much had a mare most of the night, but whoever decided on the final play was just plain stupid, being described as one of the all time worst plays in the history of the NFL.

I'm glad to see the back of that Superbowl, two thoroughly unlikeable teams, the Seahawks seem to think that they are in the WWF, pathetic posturing and tirades going on

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather see Steelers vs Packers and watch a smash mouth game

On a side note - I see Manziel has gone into 'therapy' to 'make himself a better person' - anyone else think this is code for 'rehab' and 'alcohol issues'?

I'm glad to see the back of that Superbowl, two thoroughly unlikeable teams, the Seahawks seem to think that they are in the WWF, pathetic posturing and tirades going on

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather see Steelers vs Packers and watch a smash mouth game

On a side note - I see Manziel has gone into 'therapy' to 'make himself a better person' - anyone else think this is code for 'rehab' and 'alcohol issues'?

Two best teams in the NFL for me, mind you Shermans reaction to the interception was priceless.

As for Manziel... **** him, biggest waste of oxygen after giving it the big I am. Browns were absolutely wrong to drop Hoyer given their position at the time.

Two best teams in the NFL for me, mind you Shermans reaction to the interception was priceless.

As for Manziel... **** him, biggest waste of oxygen after giving it the big I am. Browns were absolutely wrong to drop Hoyer given their position at the time.

Two best teams by a long way right now, they just have that air about them

As for Manziel, tend to agree, but I'd love to see him back up his confidence with some real big performances. Got a soft spot for Cleveland, those fans deserve a lot better than they've had for the last 15 years, and possibly more!

I stand by my statement :)

I don't know how old you are DWC but i listened to the only game the Bears lost that season live on AFN radio, it was a coaching masterclass by Shula implemented by Marino and made the Bears look very ordinary.

Given that defense was probably one of if not the best  ever, the offense however left a lot to be desired they cannot be considered as one of the best teams ever.

Back to that last play as someone has said the worst call ever!!

On another note i went to SB30 & 40 i'm working on the boss to see if she'll let me do 50 :fingerscrossed: here's hoping!!

I don't know how old you are DWC but i listened to the only game the Bears lost that season live on AFN radio, it was a coaching masterclass by Shula implemented by Marino and made the Bears look very ordinary.

Given that defense was probably one of if not the best  ever, the offense however left a lot to be desired they cannot be considered as one of the best teams ever.

On another note i went to SB30 & 40 i'm working on the boss to see if she'll let me do 50 :fingerscrossed: here's hoping!!

I'm 33, Superbowl XX was the first game I watched with my dad and became a Bears fan for life.

I would suggest that given the many, many write ups about the best NFL team in history that yes I could say the 85 Bears are, up against some stiff opposition mind you in the 76 Raiders and 72 Dolphins. However the clincher is how they stormed the post season, conceding 10 points and 2 consecutive shut outs plus many oher points which I will not go into.

Against Miami, its well documented that they went into that game far too over-confident... even bringing out the Superbowl Shuffle the night before that game.

On a side note Bears wise, the 2010 team could've and should've won the SB. If it wasn't for Cutlers injury and McCowns ridiculous pass straight to Raji then we would've added a 2nd Lomabardi.. that team was a masterclass and maybe the best since 85.

Given that defense was probably one of if not the best ever, the offense however left a lot to be desired they cannot be considered as one of the best teams ever.

How do you listen to live NFL games mate, struggled to find anything this year, would be interested to know for next year.....

How do you listen to live NFL games mate, struggled to find anything this year, would be interested to know for next year.....

That was back in the day!!

Mid 80's you could just about tune into American Forces Network (AFN) radio on MW, i used to have the aerial all around my bedroom at home, blokes in work thought i was mad as i used to go to bed early on a Monday eve, set my alarm for 1am and get up and listen to Monday Night Football then go back to bed for a couple of hours and get up and go to work on Tuesday morning. :blink:

I would imagine AFN is digital now no hunting the MW band looking for the station!!

Edit

Found this might be worth looking into

http://uk.afneurope.net/Home/tabid/1643/Default.aspx

That was back in the day!!

Mid 80's you could just about tune into American Forces Network (AFN) radio on MW, i used to have the aerial all around my bedroom at home, blokes in work thought i was mad as i used to go to bed early on a Monday eve, set my alarm for 1am and get up and listen to Monday Night Football then go back to bed for a couple of hours and get up and go to work on Tuesday morning. :blink:

I would imagine AFN is digital now no hunting the MW band looking for the station!!

Edit

Found this might be worth looking into

http://uk.afneurope.net/Home/tabid/1643/Default.aspx

Nice one, I'll check that out, thank you!

You can watch all the games with NFL game pass to.

How much, DWC? Don't get the chance to watch too many games, always something going on with the family, easier to listen to and still get things done. If it's not too expensive I may invest next season

That's what i thought when i bought it, they don't show the games that are on Sky so when the playoffs are on you don't see any games :disapointed2se:  :disapointed2se:

Might not be a problem for my Saints over the next decade or so....!! Salary cap hell!

Archived