IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

no need to get rid of jet,ex arsenal prob remembers this new bloke, might be good together and who knows,be another pairing for different formations.

lets face it, cotts could put any 2 up front now and if it wasnt working change it for a different style of play,of which jet is the only one that can do any of with the exception of heading the ball much. could see him and wilbraham being a pairing in a few games,they are both strong on and off the ball

We'd walk a million miles for one of your goals John GalleyHe was my all time hero!!

Those were the days, that's when it all started for me...

No7 Skirton, No8 Garland, No 9 King Galley, No 10 Kellard, No 11 Sharpe.

Not a bad row of numbers there was it? ..and the rest of 'em all the way back to Gibbo weren't bad either.

Anyway current lineup looking pretty bloody good now, some decent signings with S C at the helm.. & it takes a lot to impress most of us oldies, we've seen the sublime & the ridiculous and most things in between... We could be about to witness something a bit special with this lot!

COYR's ..... I feel like flinging a bog-roll tbh :)

Spot on. I once turned down a job for 11k to take one for 14k. I doubt anyone would lambast me and call me a greedy ****! I was trying to get the best deal for myself and provide for my future.

At the end of the day we're all human. If you could do your current job for company A on 20k or company B on 40k which would you choose? People need to detach from the idea of footballers being 'fans'. They're employees of the club at the end of the day.

You greedy barstard !

I can see why Leeds fans would be thinking he's made a bad move, as of course they think they are the best club in the world still, I was listening to a Leeds fan on 606 last week and he said he still sees them as a 'top 5 club', deluded. Whilst there is no doubt they are a massive club and are bigger than us by far, if you look at the bare bones we could potentially be a more attractive proposition. Just look at their crazy owner, manager taken from the conference and poor start, combined with their awful end to last season there is a big chance they are looking at a tough year near the bottom of the table. Where as we have recruited good players at this level and are redeveloping the stadium, once that is finished combined with promotion this club will be in a position to push on with proper backing. That is why I would suggest Agard has joined us and NOT leeds.

Listening to the interview with SC on BBC sounds as if he's expecting a large bid for Baldock to come in before the deadline, and that we'd sell at the right price

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28878452

He did also reiterate that he does not want to sell Sam, but it's clear there is a price for everyone. It makes me feel much better that we have just brought in another good goal scorer to make up for anything we might lose if Sam was to go. 

Listening to the interview with SC on BBC sounds as if he's expecting a large bid for Baldock to come in before the deadline, and that we'd sell at the right price

Always a very likely occurrence imo, but City have thought ahead and ensured we won't be faced with a panic to replace him if he goes.

He did also reiterate that he does not want to sell Sam, but it's clear there is a price for everyone. It makes me feel much better that we have just brought in another good goal scorer to make up for anything we might lose if Sam was to go. 

I think some more bids will come in before 11pm on the 1st Sept. Like you said every player has a price. The good thing is we don't need to sell.

I think some more bids will come in before 11pm on the 1st Sept. Like you said every player has a price. The good thing is we don't need to sell.

I expect more bids to come in for SB too - despite a season's start of 0 in 4 for Sam when presumably under scrutiny from watching clubs.

The difference in Cotterill's tone for me - while reitterating that he wants SB to stay - is that he now fully expects City to receive a bid that reflects the club's valuation ( whatever that is) and he's prepared in his own mind for SB to leave.

You get the impression he's got a strong inkling of which club is likely to make that bid too.

Sam's going nowhere...

unless a humungous bid comes in from somewhere .

He did look a bit awkward did our Cotts ,i am a bit concerned.

We'd also have a wodge of Baldock money to spend on another striker ,on loan or in the January window.

Would love him to stay though .

We've always known that there is such a thing as "an offer you can't refuse" - there is for every player.

The fact is the club don't have to sell Sam, Cotts doesn't want to sell Sam and the player himself seems happy here.

All of which means it would have to be a pretty f-in' good offer!

We've always known that there is such a thing as "an offer you can't refuse" - there is for every player.

The fact is the club don't have to sell Sam, Cotts doesn't want to sell Sam and the player himself seems happy here.

All of which means it would have to be a pretty f-in' good offer!

I think the club have always had a valuation in mind for SB, and have never had any intention of selling without it being met. Quite possibly not even if it was

The difference now, with Agard on board, is the club still won't have to sell, but are much more likely to be accommodating providing that valuation is reached.

As for the player being happy here, well we really don't know to what extent that's actually the case - players rarely have a need to put in transfer requests these days.

If an offer comes in from a good Championship club, which City are minded to accept, then the move is very unlikely to be scuppered because the player is 'happy at City'.

I think the club have always had a valuation in mind for SB, and have never had any intention of selling without it being met. Quite possibly not even if it was

The difference now, with Agard on board, is the club still won't have to sell, but are much more likely to be accommodating providing that valuation is reached.

As for the player being happy here, well we really don't know to what extent that's actually the case - players rarely have a need to put in transfer requests these days.

I strongly suspect if an offer comes in from a good Championship club, which City are minded to accept, then the move is very unlikely to be scuppered because the player is 'happy at City'.

Agree. I merely reiterate that the circumstances are different from many transfer moves; Agard's for example.

Sam's going nowhere...

unless a humungous bid comes in from somewhere .

He did look a bit awkward did our Cotts ,i am a bit concerned.

I didn't think that Cotts looked in any way awkward - rather I thought that was happy, relaxed and confident that should an offer be made (and I agree with Noggers that he knows the club which is planning to bid) that he now has cover.

City are now in a very strong position - and Cotts knows it. We don't have to sell and we don't have to accept a price which falls below our expectation. If a bid comes in for Sam which we simply can't refuse then we can choose to take it otherwise we can walk away.

Leeds fans here http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1021&start=3270 talking about us and rovers merging and sharing our new 30k seater stadium.....they clearly haven't noticed rovers have their 'own' stadium plans and have been relegated, and that we are in the process of redeveloping our current ground to 30k! All started as they were talking about Agard signing for us...

Leeds fans here http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1021&start=3270 talking about us and rovers merging and sharing our new 30k seater stadium.....they clearly haven't noticed rovers have their 'own' stadium plans and have been relegated, and that we are in the process of redeveloping our current ground to 30k! All started as they were talking about Agard signing for us...

"no way the Gasheads would ever consider a merger with City, even if City were keen"

No Leeds fan, we aren't ******* keen. Why in the name of sweet Jesus would we ever want a merger?

Agree. I merely reiterate that the circumstances are different from many transfer moves; Agard's for example.

Not very different surely Robbo?

Both strikers with 1 year left on their contract and haven't signed a new one.

Both players div.3 high goalscorers and coveted by other clubs.

Both clubs wanting their price to be met, or no deal.

If you mean SL's millions, he's made it quite clear he expects the club to do alot more to stand on it's own two feet and that City will not be precious about individual players in future and will sell when good offers come in.

SC hasn't got carte blanche imo to spend what he wants (as some seem to think) he'll need to balance the books to some extent, and the right offer coming in for SB will go a long way to doing that.

All this 'club don't have to sell, manager doesn't want to sell, player happy here etc., are purely quotes designed to try and extract the highest price, very little more than that imo.

Archived