IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

So........ apart from Pack is crap, Sam can't do one on ones but is now BHA destined , "he who can't be mentioned" is lazy while Ayling is suspect, Williams is our best player NOT - Frank is a liability, Flint is  a disaster now hero, Freeman has no playable position for maybe a year and SC  makes crappy substitution decisions  and plays hoof ball- what part of the Agard possible transfer is good news?

So........ apart from Pack is crap, Sam can't do one on ones but is now BHA destined , "he who can't be mentioned" is lazy while Ayling is suspect, Williams is our best player NOT - Frank is a liability, Flint is a disaster now hero, Freeman has no playable position for maybe a year and SC makes crappy substitution decisions and plays hoof ball- what part of the Agard possible transfer is good news?

We're doomed :s

So........ apart from Pack is crap, Sam can't do one on ones but is now BHA destined , "he who can't be mentioned" is lazy while Ayling is suspect, Williams is our best player NOT - Frank is a liability, Flint is a disaster now hero, Freeman has no playable position for maybe a year and SC makes crappy substitution decisions and plays hoof ball- what part of the Agard possible transfer is good news?

Apart from the Frankie being a liability bit, this is a load of b*****!

I still don't get why some people are already on his back questioning his motives for coming. I refuse to believe we will offer more than Leeds and we're a division below, which leads me to one of two conclusions - a) he must want to join us for footballing reasons or b) because location wise it is better for him (and family?).

Tuesday nights game just proves we need a different type of striker, one who's lightening quick, strong who can also play on either wing. Agard will compliment Baldock not replace him.

I'm sure if Agard had played on Tuesday we would have won.

I still don't get why some people are already on his back questioning his motives for coming. I refuse to believe we will offer more than Leeds and we're a division below, which leads me to one of two conclusions - a) he must want to join us for footballing reasons or b) because location wise it is better for him (and family?).

Maybe he doesn't want to wash his own kit and make his own sandwiches.

I still don't get why the signing of Agard (if it happens?) or another striker means that one of the current players must be leaving! You need more than just a good team, you need a good squad. Players need to be kept on their toes, and with competition hopefully comes players going all out to keep their places by assists, work rate or just scoring goals, and say look SC you can't drop me!

There will also be times where players get injured, lose form, or we pick the team going on the oppositions weakness's or strengths, so 4 strikers is bang on IMO.

If a player is not picked, work harder in training, show the gaffer you want to play (not like the Oxford balls up) and when you get in the team, play well enough to stay in it for as long as you can. We need every player in the squad champing at the bit to get on that pitch.

I still don't get why the signing of Agard (if it happens?) or another striker means that one of the current players must be leaving! You need more than just a good team, you need a good squad. Players need to be kept on their toes, and with competition hopefully comes players going all out to keep their places by assists, work rate or just scoring goals, and say look SC you can't drop me!

There will also be times where players get injured, lose form, or we pick the team going on the oppositions weakness's or strengths, so 4 strikers is bang on IMO.

If a player is not picked, work harder in training, show the gaffer you want to play (not like the Oxford balls up) and when you get in the team, play well enough to stay in it for as long as you can. We need every player in the squad champing at the bit to get on that pitch.

Agree with everything you say and hope we do have 4 strike options but are we in a position to be paying the best part of 1m to do this. Wouldn't a cheaper option or loan be more likely for that scenario. Just have a niggly feeling Agard is the man who Cotts sees as a longer term replacement for Sammy, hopefully not before Aug 31st but maybe in Jan or next season; the fact there's still no mention of a new contract speaks volumes. Hope I'm wrong mind, and that we have all season (and next) with Sammy - JET - Agard - Wilbraham as our striking options. And wow what a position for a league 1 team to be in that would be. It wouldn't be out of place in the Championship in my opinion.

If Agard comes in he will no doubt be on a big wage which might mean one of the bigger earning strikers already here being off. I actually hope we keep them all but doubt it will happen.

"We" can't afford a new tea lady but fortunately it isn't "We" it's Steve Lansdown and he can afford pretty much whatever he wants to. However quiet he may be, there is no doubt in my mind that he is absolutely 100% determined to get us back into the Championship and with the right players for when we get there.

If Agard comes in he will no doubt be on a big wage which might mean one of the bigger earning strikers already here being off. I actually hope we keep them all but doubt it will happen.

Yeah agree. JET appears the most likely as he's not really been involved. I hope all stay but they are all quality and a quality player will always want to play regular football

It's also feasible that we are actually seen as an attractive proposition as a club on the up. Don't think the same can be said about Leeds!

Agreed.  Perhaps someone has pointed out that next year Leeds and City could swap divisions?      And perhaps SC is seen as a good manager to play for, plus the club has stability.    The Leeds manager job is perhaps less safe!!    Maybe we are actually a better choice?

Archived