IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

I said to my mate last night we needed more options upfront and it will make us bid again for him this is great news. Fingers crossed he signs now though. Not sure if anyone will be off but my guess is it won't be sammy hopefully no one as that's a hell of a strick force with all 4

JET needs game time whether Agard signs or not.

The fact is, with a player of JET's ability, we should of been building the team around him, not trying to fit him into it.

Why should he be promised a position? He needs to work to be in the team, prove some people wrong, especially his manager..

Pleased about this news and hope we get it done.

However, can't see how a league one team can have three players that scored over 20 goals in lg 1 the previous season. There's no way we can accommodate everyone. I know it's a long old season and you need depth but I fully expect one of Baldock or JET to move on, more likely being JET.

@alidurdenBBC: Rotherham have received a new bid for striker Keiran Agard that is close to meeting their valuation. It's not from #BristolCity

Alistair Durden ?@alidurdenBBC  34m

I understand #BristolCity have now agreed a fee with Rotherham for striker Keiran Agard, and he is free to discuss personal terms.

Poor old Ali Durden, he doesn't know anything really does he?

The team would have sammy and Wilbs rotating with agard and then jet as supersub unless there's any injury. Then we have Reid and burns who could fill in on top sounds and looks like a promotion winning strikeforce to me

Reid will go out on loan im pretty certain of that. Possibly even Burn's aswell.. To be fair some serious progression is needed from Some of the young'uns this season especially Reid..

The manager is showing his intent in bringing in the likes of Agard.. Dont think the club will hang around for the academy lads too long. We will be coming up to the point very soon where it will be now or never for most of them.

Unless of course the bid last night wasn't from Bristol City!

Yes, but even if that is the case, have you ever listened to Ali Durden commentating? He's almost up there with Richard Hoskin. Both do a very good corner count I'll give them that. But beyond that? Nothing.

My only worry is,that the gas come in for him at the last minute

He hasn't got a beard, doesn't look like a fisherman and doesn't work part time in another job. Therefore he will not be good enough for the gas.

Reid will go out on loan im pretty certain of that. Possibly even Burn's aswell.. To be fair some serious progression is needed from Some of the young'uns this season especially Reid..

The manager is showing his intent in bringing in the likes of Agard.. Dont think the club will hang around for the academy lads too long. We will be coming up to the point very soon where it will be now or never for most of them.

You're right about the young uns. None has convinced so far and when we get promoted, how are they ever going to get a sniff of Championship football. I've seen flashes of promise from all 3 but predict they'll go the nearly-but-not-quite way of most of our youngsters. (Hope I'm wrong).

"@AndyStockhausen: Agard to travel to Bristol for talks with City boss Steve Cotterill tomorrow. But other clubs also showing interest and deal far from done."

@AndyStockhausen: Bristol City making no comment at this stage. I understand fee is nearer to 600,000 than the 1million quoted elsewhere."

Yes, but even if that is the case, have you ever listened to Ali Durden commentating? He's almost up there with Richard Hoskin. Both do a very good corner count I'll give them that. But beyond that? Nothing.

I'm sorry but I have to stick up for Ali Durden. I think he's a good commentator. I haven't checked Twitter so if this is a genuine Tweet from him then I tend to believe him. He certainly isn't one to tweet without substance.

Archived