IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

Can't understand the Rotherham boss making this statement on EP this morning put up or shut up. Says apparently they excepted a bid from Leeds which apparently they rejected last week of 500k. I was under the impression our bid was closer to 800k. Surely if they excepted 500k from Leeds we should just do the same?? Think this guy would be a great addition to the squad for anything less than 1 mill myself.

Can't understand the Rotherham boss making this statement on EP this morning put up or shut up. Says apparently they excepted a bid from Leeds which apparently they rejected last week of 500k. I was under the impression our bid was closer to 800k. Surely if they excepted 500k from Leeds we should just do the same?? Think this guy would be a great addition to the squad for anything less than 1 mill myself.

Steve Lansdown said on radio on Saturday that although City had been in contact, no actual bid had been made.

Can see us not getting him this window maybe not at all the way this has been dragging on but might be a blessing in disguise if he doesn't sign a new contract as hopefully will get him next window, we could easily match Leeds bid but got a feeling Rotherham are just trying to be awkward & get over the odds, think our best way would offer X amount with it going up should we get promotion, also reckon Agard would be happy to drop back down a league as we've got a great chance going up with the squad we've put together so far & with hopefully a few more coming in be that on loan or permanent plus him our chances are getting even greater of claiming our position back in the second tier.

Steve Lansdown said on radio on Saturday that although City had been in contact, no actual bid had been made.

Which pissed off Cotterill as he rightly said, he does not like talking about transfer targets in public.  He didn't sound impressed

Aggressive, as in that's the final offer take it or leave it? I'm guessing its not Leeds though as he didn't agree terms with them so no amount of money in bid form will make any difference. Who's to say he will fancy this new bidder any more, but then agin who's to say he would fancy us either...however our good start might impress somebody.

I don't think this lad is going to represent value for money in fee or wages particularly for a fourth striker.  If we need a fourth we should IMO be looking for an up and coming youngster to make an impact as a sub or in event of injuries perhaps on loan from the Prem.  I'd rather see us spend cash on a first rate keeper, an attacking midfielder or a left back.

A decent GK will do me. FF gives me the hebejeebies every time he gets the ball, aimlessly sprints out of the box, stays rooted to his line or coming out flying for a ball hes never going to get to. I fail to see how he even resembles a GK to be honest!! I'd rather money or wages were found to find a decent stopper. We'll score enough goals i'm sure of that but with FF in goal i'm not sure we'll keep many out!

Archived