IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

Leeds fans here http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1021&start=3270 talking about us and rovers merging and sharing our new 30k seater stadium.....they clearly haven't noticed rovers have their 'own' stadium plans and have been relegated, and that we are in the process of redeveloping our current ground to 30k! All started as they were talking about Agard signing for us...

I thought our NLBR thread on here was long but that ones on page 328!

Not very different surely Robbo?

Both strikers with 1 year left on their contract and haven't signed a new one.

Both players div.3 high goalscorers and coveted by other clubs.

Both clubs wanting their price to be met, or no deal.

If you mean SL's millions, he's made it quite clear he expects the club to do alot more to stand on it's own two feet and that City will not be precious about individual players in future and will sell when good offers come in.

SC hasn't got carte blanche imo to spend what he wants (as some seem to think) he'll need to balance the books to some extent, and the right offer coming in for SB will go a long way to doing that.

All this 'club don't have to sell, manager doesn't want to sell, player happy here etc., are purely quotes designed to try and extract the highest price, very little more than that imo.

Fairly different yes: billionaire owner against club that needs to sell because it has scarce enough dosh to compete in the league it finds itself in; player who repeatedly says how he's happy at the club, against one who made crystal clear he wanted a move.

So, yes, Sam could be sold, but the circumstances suggest - as I'd originally asserted - we can demand a pretty penny for the league's top scorer last season.

I didn't think that Cotts looked in any way awkward - rather I thought that was happy, relaxed and confident that should an offer be made (and I agree with Noggers that he knows the club which is planning to bid) that he now has cover.

City are now in a very strong position - and Cotts knows it. We don't have to sell and we don't have to accept a price which falls below our expectation. If a bid comes in for Sam which we simply can't refuse then we can choose to take it otherwise we can walk away.

Then you don't know very much about "body language " !

Those were the days, that's when it all started for me...

No7 Skirton, No8 Garland, No 9 King Galley, No 10 Kellard, No 11 Sharpe.

Remember that Glos Cup match at Eastville? 0-0 at HT, Full Time gas nil - City five with all 5 players numbered 7 - 11 scoring.

In my opinion, this is the best transfer window I can remember ( I am 25 ) - Agard signing just tops everything off. I wonder if eastendshedman noticed him parading around the pitch? :laugh:

Hmm... Well apart from Baldock leaving. Still think we can do extremely well this year.

(Slightly off topic, but why is this weeks game on Sunday?)

Archived