IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

Well our transfer selection and signings (completion) have improved dramatically. You can actually understand why we are signing certain players... Of course as ever some signings will not work out, but that is football. In the main, these are young players, with experience, who clearly want to do better, and, dare I say it, will believe we will get promoted. There is no doubt we will sign another keeper, on loan or otherwise too. That will be it I am sure, now it is a case of everyone working hard together to build on the sound start we have made. If SC can get JET fit and fired up and excited too, we have another weapon that we have not yet seen this season.

SC has the squad, it is down to them and with the support of the fans to build a head of steam. We all know this is one long season, and in the dark winter months, it is tough, and we will need everyone pulling together. But finally we have a proper squad and clearly a team to watch. 

So fans stop moaning get supporting. 

Top post, couldn't agree more

Millers fan here in peace;

Gutted that he's decided to leave us but if a player is unhappy, you have to let him go. No idea of the fee involved but he was in the final year of his contract, so good business I suppose.

What you're getting is a player with an extremely high workrate, pace to burn & more importantly than that, an eye for goal, something that we'll miss.

Good luck to the lad though, & City for the season, he'll always be remembered at RUFC for his contribution to two very successful seasons with us!!

Didn't Gerry Gow miss a penalty which would have put them into the proper Division 1?

Nah mate, the season you're talking about was 1981/82 when we got the FL record for the most wins in a calendar month-9 in Feb 1982 (including a 4-1 win at Stamford Bridge). It would have been 10 wins but Tony Towner missed a pen in a 0-0 draw with Newcastle that would have taken us into 3rd in the then Second Division table. We eventually fell away to finish 7th.

Gerry Gow was part of our team then though!!

Millers fan here in peace;

Gutted that he's decided to leave us but if a player is unhappy, you have to let him go. No idea of the fee involved but he was in the final year of his contract, so good business I suppose.

What you're getting is a player with an extremely high workrate, pace to burn & more importantly than that, an eye for goal, something that we'll miss.

Good luck to the lad though, & City for the season, he'll always be remembered at RUFC for his contribution to two very successful seasons with us!!

Cheers mate hopefully you can put the money to good use.

I think if you read my post again you will see I have mentioned JET, yes he was brilliant for us last season even after his goals dried up but I just can't see him adding that much to THIS squad anymore who would you play him instead of?

I bet you put Woody in the cupboard just cos Buzz is shinier  :facepalm:

To be honest, don't think he said anything detrimental myself, I sort of agree it's surprising a player would turn down Leeds UTD for Bristol City, he spoke of respect for us and wished us and him well. The thing is by signing him for 2 years we all know if we don't go up, we'll be in the same position as Rotherham next year. He has come to us it seems for promotion and a chance to compete in the Championship and he clearly feels Rotherham won't do that. He obviously also felt that Leeds are no better than Rotherham this year. It's a good signing for us, but would have been nice to commit him to 3-4 years rather than 2, he's come here expecting promotion. 

To be honest, don't think he said anything detrimental myself, I sort of agree it's surprising a player would turn down Leeds UTD for Bristol City, he spoke of respect for us and wished us and him well. The thing is by signing him for 2 years we all know if we don't go up, we'll be in the same position as Rotherham next year. He has come to us it seems for promotion and a chance to compete in the Championship and he clearly feels Rotherham won't do that. He obviously also felt that Leeds are no better than Rotherham this year. It's a good signing for us, but would have been nice to commit him to 3-4 years rather than 2, he's come here expecting promotion. 

He's signed for three years. 

Err- he's signed for three.

You're still thinking about Cody McDonald  :thumbsup:

I bet you put Woody in the cupboard just cos Buzz is shinier :facepalm:

Wouldn't normally do this but are you blind? We no longer have to rely on jet and he hasn't performed anywhere near the standard of last season in the glimpses of him we have seen and against oxford he was pretty awful ( although a lot of them were) he is a very good player when he wants to be and I'm sorry to say cotts obviously doesn't rate him in his team so doubt he will play much if at all,

Bet he starts Saturday now !

Wouldn't normally do this but are you blind? We no longer have to rely on jet and he hasn't performed anywhere near the standard of last season in the glimpses of him we have seen and against oxford he was pretty awful ( although a lot of them were) !

Jeez......apart from the oxford game (where as you say they were all awful although JET still managed an assist) he's had, what, 10 minutes of game time. How can you judge the standard of his play in that time........we're still not certain of the standard of play from all the new players yet and they've had far more game time.

Just because we have brought a new forward in doesn't mean we have to find an excuse to get rid of another.

It's a squad game and if JET, along with all other players, can deal with that we shouldn't be looking to get rid of anyone.....we still only have a squad of 22

Well our transfer selection and signings (completion) have improved dramatically. You can actually understand why we are signing certain players... Of course as ever some signings will not work out, but that is football. In the main, these are young players, with experience, who clearly want to do better, and, dare I say it, will believe we will get promoted. There is no doubt we will sign another keeper, on loan or otherwise too. That will be it I am sure, now it is a case of everyone working hard together to build on the sound start we have made. If SC can get JET fit and fired up and excited too, we have another weapon that we have not yet seen this season.

SC has the squad, it is down to them and with the support of the fans to build a head of steam. We all know this is one long season, and in the dark winter months, it is tough, and we will need everyone pulling together. But finally we have a proper squad and clearly a team to watch. 

So fans stop moaning get supporting. 

well said that person couldnt ave put it better meself

Archived