IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

If he didn't want to go to Leeds then the easiest way is to piss them off by arriving late and asking for stupid money.

He might be happy coming to City on same money, good contract, good club.... Maybe club is good promotion material, add clauses for promotion.....? Who knows?

Wouldn't surprise me if they did buy him as back up for if Baldock doesn't sign a new contract at the end the season because we haven't gone up, it is a player SC has had eye on & the chance him going somewhere else leaving us trying find other potential targets if we didn't go up,

Baldock gone for free to a championship club & us with targets but we not been able to get them before the start next season leaving a powder puff strike force & our chances of promotion gone from being unable to win games so they've gone got their man now will rotate him with our chances increasing even more of a automatic spot or at least a play off.

But surely Leeds would pay more than us!

The same Leeds whose players have to bring in packed lunches and employed a conference league manager with a absolute head case as a Chairman. They are a relegation waiting to happen! So yes would not surprise me if we are paying more than Leeds AT THE PRESENT TIME

But they've just signed Sharp who I'm sure we couldn't afford.

Im sure we could if we were in the Championship. Signed for 600k reportedly and i doubt on much more than 7/8 k a week at Leeds which would be in our reach if in the league above.

I'm sorry but I have to stick up for Ali Durden. I think he's a good commentator. I haven't checked Twitter so if this is a genuine Tweet from him then I tend to believe him. He certainly isn't one to tweet without substance.

No need to apologise RedM you stick up for who you want. It was probably just a cheap shot from me anyway.

Im sure we could if we were in the Championship. Signed for 600k reportedly and i doubt on much more than 7/8 k a week at Leeds which would be in our reach if in the league above.

But that's my point, we're only League 1 and just don't think we'd compete with Leeds financially for Agard. So leaves me to assume he wants to play for us more than them, if he ends up signing that is. Maybe not all players are after the money?

Don't really know if I'm happy with this?

He has a bit of a attitude problem according to Rovrum fans, he's turned down Leeds, who lets be honest are a bigger club than us. Fishing for more money!

Don't really want that kind of a player at my club. Also if it means Balders leaving, then I would be disappointed.

He has a bit of a attitude problem according to Rovrum fans, he's turned down Leeds, who lets be honest are a bigger club than us. Fishing for more money!

Don't really want that kind of a player at my club. Also if it means Balders leaving, then I would be disappointed.

Why would it mean sammy going for **** sake.... What would be the point in signing agard if we were to then sell baldock... That would put us back at square one you daft @@@@...

Pardon my language ;)

I remember a few years ago, we were chasing a player only for him to apparently turn us down as he wanted more money. This player was lambasted for having a poor attitude, called a journeyman and so on. We ended up signing him a month or so later. That player? Jon Stead. No one doubts his attitude towards us now.

Let's wait and see how Agard acts if he pulls on the Bristol City jersey first, before having a go.

I remember a few years ago, we were chasing a player only for him to apparently turn us down as he wanted more money. This player was lambasted for having a poor attitude, called a journeyman and so on. We ended up signing him a month or so later. That player? Jon Stead. No one doubts his attitude towards us now.

Let's wait and see how Agard acts if he pulls on the Bristol City jersey first, before having a go.

Spot on. I once turned down a job for 11k to take one for 14k. I doubt anyone would lambast me and call me a greedy****! I was trying to get the best deal for myself and provide for my future.

At the end of the day we're all human. If you could do your current job for company A on 20k or company B on 40k which would you choose? People need to detach from the idea of footballers being 'fans'. They're employees of the club at the end of the day.

Spot on. I once turned down a job for 11k to take one for 14k. I doubt anyone would lambast me and call me a greedy ****! I was trying to get the best deal for myself and provide for my future.

At the end of the day we're all human. If you could do your current job for company A on 20k or company B on 40k which would you choose? People need to detach from the idea of footballers being 'fans'. They're employees of the club at the end of the day.

Whilst I agree the level of salary is a primary motivating factor, I have seen several places online (not sure if its true!) that he wishes to move back down south for personal reasons so that may also be in our favour over northern clubs such as Leeds.

Whilst I agree the level of salary is a primary motivating factor, I have seen several places online (not sure if its true!) that he wishes to move back down south for personal reasons so that may also be in our favour over northern clubs such as Leeds.

It's also feasible that we are actually seen as an attractive proposition as a club on the up. Don't think the same can be said about Leeds!

Why would it mean sammy going for **** sake.... What would be the point in signing agard if we were to then sell baldock... That would put us back at square one you daft @@@@...

Pardon my language ;)

And why would it not mean baldocks leaving if the board sign Agard 26 goals last season and get a 1.5m offer for 26 goal baldock then surely they are up in cash?

And why would it not mean baldocks leaving if the board sign Agard 26 goals last season and get a 1.5m offer for 26 goal baldock then surely they are up in cash?

Don't think it's just about cash. Clearly money is there for the players Cotts wants. Promotion is worth more to the club than a transfer fee on Baldock. Let's not forget that if we get promoted there's a good chance Sam will want to sign a new deal.

Don't think it's just about cash. Clearly money is there for the players Cotts wants. Promotion is worth more to the club than a transfer fee on Baldock. Let's not forget that if we get promoted there's a good chance Sam will want to sign a new deal.

Yeah I agree mate but too totally dismiss Agard signing and baldock leaving is ludicrous in my mind

Pardon my language ;)

Stupid post. Sign Agard, sell Baldock, be 700k better off and have one fewer player with 11 month contract. Before slagging people off why not think a little bit?

Stupid post. Sign Agard, sell Baldock, be 700k better off and have one fewer player with 11 month contract. Before slagging people off why not think a little bit?

Exactly makes perfect sense to me...like for like and no dressing room problems about who plays alongside willbraham, if anything I think this signing could really accelerate baldock leaving... Maybe the club has already got an offer they can't refuse

Yeah I agree mate but too totally dismiss Agard signing and baldock leaving is ludicrous in my mind

Yes of course it's a possibility. You would just hope that if we're serious about a challenge for promotion we would be trying to hold on to our best and add to the squad. I think we're a striker light as things stand so if Baldock leaves we're back in that situation. Baldock and Wilbs are the only two out and out strikers we have

Ok we have Burns but inexperienced and still not sure what his best position is. If one gets injured we're limited to one up top, so I hope Agard is a complement and not a replacement.

"@AndyStockhausen: Agard to travel to Bristol for talks with City boss Steve Cotterill tomorrow. But other clubs also showing interest and deal far from done."

@AndyStockhausen: Bristol City making no comment at this stage. I understand fee is nearer to 600,000 than the 1million quoted elsewhere."

Wolves can't be ignored can they?

Archived