IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

Brighton are very much and up and coming club with new stadium that gets filled and a brand new state of the art training ground about to open.

I don't think Sam wants to leave because I genuinely do think he's happy and content here at the moment ****il January at least).

But to talk down Brighton as a genuine option for a move is a bit wide of the mark IMO. If it were Rotherham or Brentford interested in him then I'd agree with you but Brighton are an established championship club with big ambitions.

The lure & attraction of our 3rd kit may prove to be a deciding factor, I think the player is very tempted to come, more Rotherhams dilemma regarding suitable replacement holding things up ...

Who wouldn't leave home for the chance to pull on the famous Purple & Lime though eh? :)

If I were Agard I'm not sure I'd be too keen on joining. We already have 3 quality forwards competing for 2 places so can't say he'd be a guaranteed starter... which he is at Rotherham in a division above! I know money talks but I can't imagine we'll be offering him a huge increase in wages and he must be on a high from a promotion season. I'd love this to go through but would be surprised that's all.

The lure & attraction of our 3rd kit may prove to be a deciding factor, I think the player is very tempted to come, more Rotherhams dilemma regarding suitable replacement holding things up ...

Who wouldn't leave home for the chance to pull on the famous Purple & Lime though eh? :)

I think you're right ,Rotherham are negotiating with the FA to see if they can adopt the Purple and Lime and believe Agard will stay if the response is positive .

SC interview just up on BCFC twitter page. All but confirms we're after Agard. Says it's not the price of player which has slowed things down but the market. Therefore confirming that us signing Agard is dependent on Rotherham signing another striker, but I guess we knew that anyway. It's a shame Stevie May didn't go to Rotherham otherwise we might have got our man by now!

Brighton are very much and up and coming club with new stadium that gets filled and a brand new state of the art training ground about to open.

I don't think Sam wants to leave because I genuinely do think he's happy and content here at the moment ****il January at least).

But to talk down Brighton as a genuine option for a move is a bit wide of the mark IMO. If it were Rotherham or Brentford interested in him then I'd agree with you but Brighton are an established championship club with big ambitions.

An up and coming team who have made so far derisory offers for the last seasons league 1 top scorer, a top scorer who made our club aware of Brighton's interest, who says he's happy and a manager and owner who obviously know more about the situation than they are letting on and who are content to see what happens this season and to take the risk of seeing him go for nothing if we do not achieve our goal of promotion this season, from Brighton's perspective it's hardly a way to make a target feel wanted and from our perspective I see it as us holding the ace cards at this moment in time, which is probably the most important point.

So looking at Saturday's line up who would he replace? or are we just going to have him warming the bench?

You look at any club challenging at the top 6 of there respective leagues, they have an abundance of options...

We should have further options should Sam get injured.. He won't be warming the bench, I expect the strikers will be used for different games to keep the squad nice and fresh and with plenty of competition for places.

So looking at Saturday's line up who would he replace? or are we just going to have him warming the bench?

The bench until Sam gets injured / needs a rest / hits a bad patch.

Or we play a defence where two small strikers might be better than playing Wilbrahamovic.

Options.

You look at any club challenging at the top 6 of there respective leagues, they have an abundance of options...

We should have further options should Sam get injured.. He won't be warming the bench, I expect the strikers will be used for different games to keep the squad nice and fresh and with plenty of competition for places.

Wilbrahim will not be used all the time. He was used against Sheffield United due to the physical nature of their play. It happened to pay off but there is also a need to keep legs fresh and players happy so rotation will be the nature of the squad this season apart from baldock being first choice for most of the season.

Jet will more than play his part in a successful season and I am sure will emulate last seasons efforts. We simply have another outlet and goal threat in wilbraham which can only be a positive.

Get Agard on board as well and our choices will be unreal but I think it will lead to burns and Reid being sent out on loan now they have signed three year deals to get first team experience on a regular basis.

sc just said on radio we will not upping our bid does that mean its rejected?

Not necessarily. Another interpretation ; It may be an 'acceptable bid' if they can replace him. We could try to offer more to take him regardless of a replacement now, or wait until/if a replacement is found.

sc just said on radio we will not upping our bid does that mean its rejected?

Then I think I'm going to trust him on this. He got it right with Freeman after many had thought he'd blown it.

Anyway, it might not even be Agard he is referring to?

Rotherham have signed a striker but going by the written comments for today's pre-match presser Cotterill seemed quite dismissive of the link. Do we think this deal is still a goer?

Can't say I'm that bothered, to be honest.

Cotts tends to not give too much away before a signing is confirmed, so anything is possible.

May be confirmed tomorrow if what you say about Rotherham signing a striker is true.

Paul Taylor on loan from Ipswich, was transfer listed by Mad Mick a year after paying Peterborough 1.5 mil for him, 26 years old and a less than average scoring record, but he has a conviction for assault so i'm sure him and Evans will get on.

Paul Taylor on loan from Ipswich, was transfer listed by Mad Mick a year after paying Peterborough 1.5 mil for him, 26 years old and a less than average scoring record, but he has a conviction for assault so i'm sure him and Evans will get on.

Sounds just like someone that would come from Peterborough.

Taylor signed for Ipswich before McCarthy was their manager, Mick doesn't waste much money...

I would think , having seen JET pre season and this week SC knows he needs another forward . ( and a keeper ASAP )

Agard was ambitious and he will go to Leeds if they interested . We will not enter a bidding war. They will move to target 2 ....

Leeds are a much bigger club and much more attractive team to play for even though they have a nutjob owner and a conference manager.. but we could easily compete financially with Leeds for the player

Leeds are a much bigger club and much more attractive team to play for even though they have a nutjob owner and a conference manager.. but we could easily compete financially with Leeds for the player

I agree and you know that Leeds + nut job + untried scapegoat manager = disaster, he would be mad to go there, Sharp is different not played much in past of years, needs to feel loved and was born in the area.

@rothtisersport: @rothtisersport understands there has been anoffer for Agard but NOT from Leeds and NOT acceptable. We expect to confirm details tomorrow.

@rothtisersport: Said we'd confirm the Agard situation. We know for certain there's been a significant offer- but definitely not enough and NOT Leeds. #rufc

Archived