IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

My  hope is  we might  still might sign Nosworthy and the need for a quality keeper as well as keeping hold of Sam.Lots to worry over.

My main concern is a goalkeeper, and I don't think we will get one in a week.. sadly I think it might take a mistake from Fielding for people to start worrying about the GK position

• Admin

That may well be the case, but he has not impressed me this pre season despite the high hopes i had for him after that interview.

In what? The Cheltenham game? Or were you one of the fans volunteering in Botswana?

Rotherham made loads of changes during the game but as far as I can see Agard didn't come off the bench....

Yep didn't get on apparently. Alot of Rotherham fans seem to think that's him done with them.

Didn't want him getting injured with his pending move to Bristol City ;) where else are they going to get the money for Stevie May

By the way, I think Stevie May will do well in English football. I know he's coming from a pub league, but I reckon he's for something about him

Rotherham have already said we are the only team to have made a bid for Agard but it was turned down. So any other teams interest is pure speculation. They reckon it will take somewhere around the 1m mark for Rotherham to sell, which personally I think is good business for us, he has a bright future and should he have a good season and we got promoted, his value would at least double.

Rotherham have already said we are the only team to have made a bid for Agard but it was turned down. So any other teams interest is pure speculation. They reckon it will take somewhere around the 1m mark for Rotherham to sell, which personally I think is good business for us, he has a bright future and should he have a good season and we got promoted, his value would at least double.

He had a good season last year and got promoted, didn't he? Why's his value not double already?

Fielding improved a lot when he came back last season, I can only assume people who are criticising him lots didn't watch us much.

At Peterborough away he was absolutely immense.

However that night there was about 120 of us hence not many recalling it....

He had a good season last year and got promoted, didn't he? Why's his value not double already?

Because unfortunately for Rotherham they are not a big club and certain clubs never get much for players despite having good players. He also came to Rotherham on a free from Yeovil, so one could say his value has already increased significantly already.

One thing to note: I've seen Agard play before, and he doesn't contribute a lot to the overall play, he is an out and out poacher and only really puts the ball in the back of the net.

If he does his job, in my eyes, that is fine, but clearly to some City fans, scoring goals just isn't enough, as proved with JET, so would it be a good signing? I'm not to sure.

Wolves already quoted they are not after Agard too similar to what they already have

They did, but that was a good few days ago now. Things change in football very quickly. Wouldn't be surprised if this happened at all despite being aware of the denial from Wolves last week.

Archived