IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

But any GK can hav a few blinding saves. What im looking for is a commanding, cross taking GK. DId you see the Cheltenham highlights when first half their CF was clean through and hit the post? FF rooted to his line giving the CF acres of far post room to score. Granted he touched it onto the post but a decent striker wouldve found the far corner with ease he left it wide open.

Not a GK that gives me confidence and our only weak link in what looks lke a very good squad.

But any GK can hav a few blinding saves. What im looking for is a commanding, cross taking GK. DId you see the Cheltenham highlights when first half their CF was clean through and hit the post? FF rooted to his line giving the CF acres of far post room to score. Granted he touched it onto the post but a decent striker wouldve found the far corner with ease he left it wide open.

Not a GK that gives me confidence and our only weak link in what looks lke a very good squad.

I would be asking the question why was the centre forward clean through? Gk is not the weak link in my opinion but central defence could still be. Time will tell.

I would be asking the question why was the centre forward clean through? Gk is not the weak link in my opinion but central defence could still be. Time will tell.

Granted! But he was so slow off his line the goal was gaping! I believe a certain El Bad was on the pitch at the time - so clearly all his fault!!

It is not about the midfield protecting them, it is about ball over the top, straight through the middle. Both are useless at dealing with that. We will be talking about it endlessley in September. It has been our weaknesses for 4 seasons, and we have not signed anyone who is anywhere as good as Nyron or Bikey and of course Caulker.

Cheltenham highlights show this point. A long ball up top being won by CTFC forwards a couple of times while our backline stay planted instead of attacking it and clearing the danger.

I wish we heard rumours about signing a cente back. I agree we need a GK and another striker, but we are screaming out for a quality CB, Flint and El Abd are not good enough.

FFS, get off their backs!!!, what do you expect from flint?, he isn't a footballer, we signed him to win the first ball, exactly what he does!, El Abd will be better mentally prepared for this season, relax.

I hope el abd improves massively, from what i'v heard from pre season games so far that's looking unlikely, im ready to be proved wrong though. Flint on the other hand got much better towards the end of last season before his injury, the game away at shrewsbury he won everything, the lad also has goals in him, if he can sort out his mistakes and become solid he will be a decent league 1/championship centre back.

I hope el abd improves massively, from what i'v heard from pre season games so far that's looking unlikely, im ready to be proved wrong though. Flint on the other hand got much better towards the end of last season before his injury, the game away at shrewsbury he won everything, the lad also has goals in him, if he can sort out his mistakes and become solid he will be a decent league 1/championship centre back.

I think that if we are to see the best of Flint he still needs an old head alongside him - we don't really have that. I've still got my fingers crossed for a late Nosworthy move.... but it's not looking likely.

FFS, get off their backs!!!, what do you expect from flint?, he isn't a footballer, we signed him to win the first ball, exactly what he does!, El Abd will be better mentally prepared for this season, relax.

So we spent 300k on a player who isn't a footballer?? Great!

And judging by El Abds performances in this season friendlies he isn't very "mentally prepared" just yet

Don't trust the daily fail, im sure wolves denied interest yesterday, said they already have enough strikers.

Agard scored 4 past Wolves last season, there's bound to be some interest on their side. I think when they put in a bid which matches Rotherhams valuation he will go to Wolves.

It is not about the midfield protecting them, it is about ball over the top, straight through the middle. Both are useless at dealing with that. We will be talking about it endlessley in September.  It has been our weaknesses for 4 seasons, and we have not signed anyone who is anywhere as  good as Nyron or Bikey and of course Caulker. 

I hope you're wrong, but I fear this is spot on.

All we can hope, with the players we've now got down the other end, is that we score twice for every time this happens!

So we spent 300k on a player who isn't a footballer?? Great!

And judging by El Abds performances in this season friendlies he isn't very "mentally prepared" just yet

Not a footballer as in he won't be zinging 70-yard balls around, that should be obvious by now. If El Abd has a shocker this season then fair enough, you're right, you're clearly a better man than me, I applaud you.

Not a footballer as in he won't be zinging 70-yard balls around, that should be obvious by now. If El Abd has a shocker this season then fair enough, you're right, you're clearly a better man than me, I applaud you.

Flint does ping 70 yard balls around, sadly they mostly end in the stands

, El Abd will be better mentally prepared for this season, relax.

Wasn't he mentally prepared for last season ? Poor bloke, must have had a lot on his mind ?

Did you listen to his interview in Botswana?, do you work away from your family for weeks at a time in a high pressure environment?. Now his family are with him in Bristol, that is going to take a huge load off of him hopefully, but we shall see.

Did you listen to his interview in Botswana?, do you work away from your family for weeks at a time in a high pressure environment?. Now his family are with him in Bristol, that is going to take a huge load off of him hopefully, but we shall see.

That may well be the case, but he has not impressed me this pre season despite the high hopes i had for him after that interview. 

Archived