IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

Goal poacher. About 6 pens and only one shot from outside the box.

As long as you have a team that creates chances, he'll score. Hope we can do that now. For far too long we've relied on attackers to create something from nothing.

I would be very happy if we can pull this off.

Freeman, Baldock, JET and Agard would make for a formidable set of forward options.

I like the fact Wilbraham isn't even considered post after thread after post. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts and forum members start throwing toys out the pram.

I like the fact Wilbraham isn't even considered post after thread after post. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts and forum members start throwing toys out the pram.

Not dismissing him at all, I just see him being used more as a substitute or in situations where we're chasing a result and start playing more directly. I'm sure he will have a valuable part to play over the season.

You need to be able to mix it up. Liverpool played some amazing, beautiful football last season but their lack of a Plan B cost them the title.

From what I've read regarding Wilbraham on here regarding pre-season has been very positive. Granted when he first signed it was greeting with the 'what the hell do we want him for' OTIB response but people have been appreciating what he can bring to the team.

There seem only two responses when bringing in players on here, the one I have mentioned and the other one is 'Hes fantastic, will tear up this league single handed, sign him up'

From what I've read regarding Wilbraham on here regarding pre-season has been very positive. Granted when he first signed it was greeting with the 'what the hell do we want him for' OTIB response but people have been appreciating what he can bring to the team.

There seem only two responses when bringing in players on here, the one I have mentioned and the other one is 'Hes fantastic, will tear up this league single handed, sign him up'

Wilbraham can't do it all on his own if Baldock gets injured,so we are light in the attacking department.

I would love it if Wes steps up to the plate this year however it's a gamble in a year when we're aiming for promotion to rely on a youngster to score as regularly as Sam .

We saw last season that SC is prepared to change the team  to suit the opposition. I fully expect to see Wilbraham to start some matches and come off the bench in others. Like Jet probably will.

Steve Lansdown has got the club back on a firmer footing, most of the big big earners have gone now and we desperately need cover for Sam and Wes is not yet the answer.

I believe Steve Lansdown is desperate to get BCFC back into Championship and will further back SC to buy another striker. It would surprise me if another striker, probably Agard, doesn't arrive shortly.

I think Wilbraham will play a bigger part than people think. Looked very good on Tuesday!

he looks like the player we've been missing since Vasko's and boom boom's stint up front, thats someone good in the air from set pieces, I don't think we scored many headed goals last season at all,

Bear in mind the huge turnover we've had in the last couple of seasons. Bobby Reid is the longest serving member of the club(!). Think of the sheer number of players that have left since we were relegated and the kind of wages they would have been on.

Heaton, Pearson, Elliott, Kelly, Stead, Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Skuse, Kilkenny, Anderson, Adomah, Davies...to name a few.

Yep, great point.

As it's my summer holidays, I fired up Football Manager 13 - with the glorious players such as Kilkenny, Nyatanga, Wilson, Skuse, Heaton, Carey, Mark Wilson, Anderson, Gerken, Bates, Stead, Kelly, Pearson, Foster etc etc...

I was shocked to see how much the club has changed in a short space of time - but I'm much more excited by this new team we are building, with the likes of Ayling and Freeman - building one 'for the future'; rather than firefighting, panicking and buying ##%#.

As for Agard. I think he has already become one of my favourite BCFC players... ;-)

Wilbraham can't do it all on his own if Baldock gets injured,so we are light in the attacking department.

I would love it if Wes steps up to the plate this year however it's a gamble in a year when we're aiming for promotion to rely on a youngster to score as regularly as Sam .

Don't get me wrong, I agree we need another striker. Who is going to say no to the prospect of more goals. It was great last season to be scoring so many, but like you say take out Baldock (and Jet) and we are looked a lot lighter. I think though we should be looking at goals from midfield, Freeman certainly sounds like he will add a few. Even players like Little, who I only saw against Portishead, looked like he likes to get forward a lot.

I said before I think it will be 'horses for courses' when Wilbraham is used, battering ram against big defenders, then subbed perhaps. Or most likely brought on as defenders tire, but Wes fits that role more perhaps? It's exciting to have options at last.

Injuries can hit at any time as we well know, and suspensions. It's hard to keep everyone happy if they aren't playing but if the mantra that the team is all important is being ingrained into these young, hungry, ambitious players instead of it all bing about the individual we will benefit.

All too many times I've looked at teams like Forest, Cardiff (!) etc with envy as they seem to have a lot of strikers to choose from whereas we have one or two injured (often long term), one out of form, and one not good enough. Lets get as much strength in as we can, nothing like a bit of competition to keep players on their toes either.

No ITK'S on this??

Surprising isn't it.

Given SC's quote, plus no comment from Stockhausen saying it is groundless I would have thought it was worth an ITK punt.

I am going to say "fee nearly agreed, but concerns contract may be an issue. Only a 50/50 chance this.  However there are other irons in the fire both up front and defensively. Should be at least one, if not two, new signings before the first home league game"

How about that?

Archived