IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

Would be a good addition, without being too sceptical though I can't see him rejecting a new contract to drop down a level, he probably sees Rotherham as going down and if no other championship club comes for him then he will probably let his contract run through and then sign for a championship club for free next summer.

Sammy Baldock is in another situation like this, I imagine both him and JET have had contract offers in the last few months but have delayed knowing they have championship suitors. Personally I think they will wait to see if we get promoted this season, and then if we do they will sign new deals, however if we don't I can see them packing up for championship clubs for free next summer.

I don't know about that because I haven't had the tele on?

Does anybody else find that odd...

Get the impression this might be a joke comment printed without context; sounds like the sort of thing where he's having a laugh at it being on Sky or something, and him being unaware.

But then he's been like that before, and we've ended up signing someone...

• Admin

Normally when a manager hears a rumour about a player they're not interested in they categorically deny it, looks like there is definite interest

When asked about Ayling Cotts refused to be drawn on the subject citing it was unfair to talk about another club's player. Can't work out how this comment sits in relation to that stance.

Normally when a manager hears a rumour about a player they're not interested in they categorically deny it, looks like there is definite interest

When asked about Ayling Cotts refused to be drawn on the subject citing it was unfair to talk about another club's player. Can't work out how this comment sits in relation to that stance.

Very true, and in that scenario he'd even been training with us, so that is an excellent point.

As for Agard; I was sceptical at first, but when you realise they've signed three strikers this summer (Derbyshire, Febian Brandy and Jordan Bowery), and still have Alex Revell, then it isn't beyond the realm of possibility they are planning for a season without him.

Being Agard hasn't actually had more than one truly excellent season (previous two were good, but not as impressive by far) then they might see it as a smart move to cash in.

Would be happy to be the club to take a chance on him, certainly in the context of the squad we've already got. Can see us being a nightmare to defend against already; adding him would only enhance that.

He would be the man to provide cover for baldock no doubt. Not his replacement as baldock is going no where. With Agard added to baldock, freeman, jet, wilbs and burns, we have an unreal attacking force

He wouldn't come here to provide cover after last season he would expect to start every game . If anyone was to drop to the bench I can see it being JET

They have literally lifted the quote straight from the interview after the Cheltenham game. Still pure speculation.

Speculation, yes. But it's also clear that there is some interest from our side as Cotterill didn't completely rule it out as he normally would when a rumour is completely fictional.

The way I see it is that we are interested but the odds off us getting him are slim due to being a league 1 club and I think Cotts knows this. I expect we're down the list somewhat for him and if other options for him fall through then we might have a chance but otherwise not.

Speculation, yes. But it's also clear that there is some interest from our side as Cotterill didn't completely rule it out as he normally would when a rumour is completely fictional.

The way I see it is that we are interested but the odds off us getting him are slim due to being a league 1 club and I think Cotts knows this. I expect we're down the list somewhat for him and if other options for him fall through then we might have a chance but otherwise not.

The only Internet chat seems to have been about BCFC and Leeds. He could stay in the Championship with Rotherham, but rejected their offer - disappointed at the terms given what he did last season. So it seems he may put pay ahead of which level he plays at. Charitably, he may think he'll get protest with us anyway.

Archived