IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

Don't get me wrong, I agree we need another striker. Who is going to say no to the prospect of more goals. It was great last season to be scoring so many, but like you say take out Baldock (and Jet) and we are looked a lot lighter. I think though we should be looking at goals from midfield, Freeman certainly sounds like he will add a few. Even players like Little, who I only saw against Portishead, looked like he likes to get forward a lot.

I said before I think it will be 'horses for courses' when Wilbraham is used, battering ram against big defenders, then subbed perhaps. Or most likely brought on as defenders tire, but Wes fits that role more perhaps? It's exciting to have options at last.

Injuries can hit at any time as we well know, and suspensions. It's hard to keep everyone happy if they aren't playing but if the mantra that the team is all important is being ingrained into these young, hungry, ambitious players instead of it all bing about the individual we will benefit.

All too many times I've looked at teams like Forest, Cardiff (!) etc with envy as they seem to have a lot of strikers to choose from whereas we have one or two injured (often long term), one out of form, and one not good enough. Lets get as much strength in as we can, nothing like a bit of competition to keep players on their toes either.

good post,

Strength and Depth get you promoted, we have strength but we don't have much depth, this signing would adress that in the striker department, I'm still worried about defense and Fielding should come good but I still worry about the goalkeeping postion, these of course can be sorted by loans,

good post,

Strength and Depth get you promoted, we have strength but we don't have much depth, this signing would adress that in the striker department, I'm still worried about defense and Fielding should come good but I still worry about the goalkeeping postion, these of course can be sorted by loans,

Defence is definitely a worry for me.  I wish I was as excited about the defensive options as I was about the attacking options.  Prolific as I hope the attack is, without a solid defence behind it we will not live up to expectations of pre-season favourites.

Defence is definitely a worry for me.  I wish I was as excited about the defensive options as I was about the attacking options.  Prolific as I hope the attack is, without a solid defence behind it we will not live up to expectations of pre-season favourites.

I would say a back 3 of Ayling, Osbourne and Williams is very strong at this level. Add Flint when required and that is a decent 4. Perhaps even El-Abd will offer something in the way of back up. Whilst it would be nice to have another experienced centre half I think we can probably be happy with a loan signing if something long term happens to one of the first choice 3 otherwise we can make do.

we did look alot more solid under Cotts and actually kept clean sheets under him, but we may have to play to our strengths which as it stands is we are going to score more then you,

Official bid accepted off bcfc tweets (official Twitter)

"@bcfctweets: BREAKING NEWS: bid accepted for Rotherham striker Kieran Agard, personal terms negotiations will now commence #BristolCity"

i think its prob a done deal and will be announced by 5pm Rotherham were prob just waiting to see if anyone else bid, as wolves distanced themselfs and Leeds don't have a pot to piss in then rotherham will take what they can

"@bcfctweets: BREAKING NEWS: bid accepted for Rotherham striker Kieran Agard, personal terms negotiations will now commence #BristolCity"

I cannot see this Tweet.

Edit: I just checked with my daughter who has notifications set, even if deleted, she has not got this Tweet either.

Still wondering why he would want to drop down a league after helping them to promotion? If this deal is done we will have a ridiculously good choice of attackers. There won't be another side in the league that has 4 strikers like we would have but I don't see how we can keep them all happy plus Freeman? Exciting times for sure

If you are trying to pull our p***ers on this one, you have little future here my sonner.

Still wondering why he would want to drop down a league after helping them to promotion? If this deal is done we will have a ridiculously good choice of attackers. There won't be another side in the league that has 4 strikers like we would have but I don't see how we can keep them all happy plus Freeman? Exciting times for sure

I'm also still impressed that Freeman wanted to come to us

Fielding

Little Osborne Williams Cunningham

Smith Elliott

Agard JET Freeman

Baldock

That's a team that should really be pushing for promotion if Agard does sign.

I think we'd be looking at 4-4 every week! Need a new GK though. Fielding is the serious weak link in that team.

Fielding

Little  Osborne  Williams  Cunningham

Smith  Elliott

Agard        JET     Freeman 

Baldock

That's a team that should really be pushing for promotion if Agard does sign.

Poor Ayling.. And with Fielding in goal we won't be anywhere near the top

Archived