IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

I thought this may have been just agent talk but that reporter looks fairly reliable.

I cannot see us signing him without Baldock leaving, in all honesty.

I hope it's JET. I know the guy has class but we looked so much better without him in the second half at Cheltenham!

I sincerely hope it's not Baldock...

Surely somebody would be off though?!

My guess he'd probably cost around 500k to 1 million, and the reality is that we currently on have 2 out and out strikers as JET is more of an attacking option, another out and out striker is needed, and Agard fits the bill

Moore (when he's signed)

Ayling Osbourne Williams

Little                                              Cunningham

Elliott          Smith

Freeman

Agard  Baldock 

Subs

Fielding

Bryan

Burns

Flint

Wilbraham

JET

Pack

Wow what a team this would be

And that's leaving out players like Reid Wagstaff and Wynter

Moore (when he's signed)

Ayling Osbourne Williams

Little Cunningham

Elliott Smith

Freeman

Agard Baldock

Subs

Fielding

Bryan

Burns

Flint

Wilbraham

JET

Pack

Wow what a team this would be

And that's leaving out players like Reid Wagstaff and Wynter

Please don't make posts like this. It gets me too excited and at my age it's dangerous.

The transfer fee won't be an issue. I think it's clear if Cotts wants him Lansdown will back him with the funds. Wages wise I imagine we can blow Rotherham out the water but if a Leeds or Wolves come in then its game over.

not sure if Leeds could blow us out the water weren't they making they players bring pack lunches because they couldn't afford to feed them!

I don't know what they done with the Ross McCormack money though??

The transfer fee won't be an issue. I think it's clear if Cotts wants him Lansdown will back him with the funds. Wages wise I imagine we can blow Rotherham out the water but if a Leeds or Wolves come in then its game over.

I actually reckon we could match wolves, Leeds are owned by a madman and god knows what he will do with them.

I am also very intrigued/excited by this speculation. Especially so since Cott's failed to dismiss the rumours. Suggests to me we are indeed in the hunt...

..but like many on here I fear would signal the departure of Baldock or Jet (no!)

..BUT IF Kieran does become an addition to our current squad then can someone please remind me the principles of Financial Fair Play - how on earth can we assemble such a squad and still be within the rules? Were Fonts, Marv et all really on the sum of the salaries similar to our recent and potential acquisitions?         

I am also very intrigued/excited by this speculation. Especially so since Cott's failed to dismiss the rumours. Suggests to me we are indeed in the hunt...

..but like many on here I fear would signal the departure of Baldock or Jet (no!)

..BUT IF Kieran does become an addition to our current squad then can someone please remind me the principles of Financial Fair Play - how on earth can we assemble such a squad and still be within the rules? Were Fonts, Marv et all really on the sum of the salaries similar to our recent and potential acquisitions?         

Bear in mind the huge turnover we've had in the last couple of seasons. Bobby Reid is the longest serving member of the club(!). Think of the sheer number of players that have left since we were relegated and the kind of wages they would have been on.

Heaton, Pearson, Elliott, Kelly, Stead, Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Skuse, Kilkenny, Anderson, Adomah, Davies...to name a few.

When you look at the kind of players we've signed....Ayling, Freeman, Pack, Smith, (potentially) Agard, Flint, Osborne....most signed from relatively small clubs, all probably on a good wedge lower than our average wage from a while ago.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't cover the wages of the 7 players above just out of Davies, Fontaine and Elliott's wages.

Bear in mind the huge turnover we've had in the last couple of seasons. Bobby Reid is the longest serving member of the club(!). Think of the sheer number of players that have left since we were relegated and the kind of wages they would have been on.

Heaton, Pearson, Elliott, Kelly, Stead, Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Skuse, Kilkenny, Anderson, Adomah, Davies...to name a few.

When you look at the kind of players we've signed....Ayling, Freeman, Pack, Smith, (potentially) Agard, Flint, Osborne....most signed from relatively small clubs, all probably on a good wedge lower than our average wage from a while ago.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't cover the wages of the 7 players above just out of Davies, Fontaine and Elliott's wages.

good points really well made - thanks '86.

OK now please make this happen!.. 

Archived