IGNORED

All things Coventry Away (Merged)

SimonR

Going to be a great match.  We always seem good for a win at the Ricoh and the atmosphere is exceptional.  Mind you, it's not bad at most away games.  I don't know about all you folks, but I like this ground.  Even though we are revamping the Gate, I wouldn't mind a red version of the Ricoh as our future home.

I've got to get my hands on a ticket for this one.

I hope your joking.

• Admin

Has anyone heard if the second batch of tickets are available yet?

(Slipped up in not purchasing mine yet)

Been trying the supporters services number for over an hour an not getting any answer, and no updates anywhere online

Noticed online there are mixed messages from the club

This page first stated "The club has received an allocation of 1,895 reserved tickets in the South Stand."  http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/awaytickets-coventrya-1415-1915131.aspx

But then yesterday this page states "So far, 1,395 away tickets have been purchased for the game on Saturday week (October 18th, 3pm). A further 500 tickets are due to be delivered at Ashton Gate tomorrow (Wednesday), when tickets will go back on sale (check with the club before travelling).  http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20141007-coventrytickets-2003068.aspx

So did we sell the 1895 or not?

Has anyone heard if the second batch of tickets are available yet?

(Slipped up in not purchasing mine yet)

Been trying the supporters services number for over an hour an not getting any answer, and no updates anywhere online

Noticed online there are mixed messages from the club

This page first stated "The club has received an allocation of 1,895 reserved tickets in the South Stand."  http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/awaytickets-coventrya-1415-1915131.aspx

But then yesterday this page states "So far, 1,395 away tickets have been purchased for the game on Saturday week (October 18th, 3pm). A further 500 tickets are due to be delivered at Ashton Gate tomorrow (Wednesday), when tickets will go back on sale (check with the club before travelling).  http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20141007-coventrytickets-2003068.aspx

So did we sell the 1895 or not?

About 1700 gone as of dinner time, all gone by tonight I expect. Another 500 for Monday I guess

• Admin

Quality support. Will we get any more if we sell all these?

According to Coventry "Away supporters are mostly accommodated to one side of the South Stand (Blocks 6 & 7) towards the corner with the Lloydspharmacy Stand. Around 3,000 supporters can be seated in this area. The angle of the stand is quite steep, meaning a fair bit of effort to climb to the top."

Whether it means anything or not, but the sections on sale have been Blocks 1,2,3 and now 4 ??

Does anyone know if there is any free road side parking near the ground? Thinking of driving up early and having a look around before the game

To be honest there isn't a lot to see, well I've been there once in our fist season up in the Championship I think and that's the impression I got. It's no where near the town centre, it's a large flat area just off the moorway, like Cribbs but with less shops. Think there is a Tesco and Pets at home, Kwik fit, that sort of thing but no street parking. I went by coach but someone I know walked from the station I think, and that was a couple of mies too.

I went to see Coldplay there a couple of years ago, 40,000 ish (not using NLBR multiplier) and it was heaving.

There is a small shopping Mall type thing, which is right next to the ground, as RedM said, there is a small Tesco and various other things, also a Pizza Hut, not much else close by.

For the concert, which I assume would also likely be available for Football, there were a couple of 'privately run' car parks nearby, off the main roundabout by the Stadium, using wasteland/fields, only a short walk.

Archived