IGNORED

Gj - Is The End Nigh?

Phileas Fogg

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Yeovil-Town-manager-Gary-Johnson-explains/story-25284344-detail/story.html

Looks like GJ had a bit of bother today. Surely he's on borrowed time; bad results and temper problems. Sounds like his last few weeks here.

I personally hope he stays at Yeovil until after Boxing Day, want to give him the ovation he deserves at AG.

Could it be us beating Yeovil that cost him his job?

Ha thanks, thing is RR speaks a lot of sense on almost everything else - he should just avoid the GJ subject altogether in my view!

:laugh:, that wasn't actually aimed at RR, but anyone who says that, and yes I have been guilty in the past.

Do you also care about Joe Jordon, John Ward, Derek McInness, Sean ODriscoll or any other previous manger?

I certainly don't.

Not really no, didn't really follow City until Wilson/Johnson and GJ achieved a great deal with us, like it or not. I look out to see how McInnes is getting on, but not as much. Johnson was with us for 5 years!

I am just hoping I get the chance to give him the welcome he deserves on Boxing Day.

Shame your beef with him all those years ago has clouded your view

Do you also care about Joe Jordon, John Ward, Derek McInness, Sean ODriscoll or any other previous manger?

I certainly don't.

The fact that you put McInnes and SOD in the same comparison as GJ automatically makes YOUR opinion on the matter invalid.

For my generation, for those who aren't blinded by their own bitterness, Johnson is THE most successful manager the club has had.

Who is the commentator for the Yeovil game in the BBC highlights? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30257553

I'm pretty sure he's one of the commentators on Radio Bristol that drove me mental when I used to tune into our commentaries. Always seems more excited about the opposition team scoring rather than the team who he's supposed to be providing commentary for.

GJ did a good job here for 2-3 seasons.

But also left us in a real mess when he departed.

I've never really understood the whole love affair that some still seem to have!

He got us one game from the big time and until someone else does that in my lifetime he'll be the most successful Bristol City manager I've ever known. So there's that.

Archived