IGNORED

Gj - Is The End Nigh?

Phileas Fogg

This is the sort of post from you I really don't like.

No idea whether your contacts had an ulterior motive for their views or whether they, or you, are simply making things up because they personally do not like him..

Couldn't care less about one individual Burnley fan, or the Forest fans who didn't like him.

The fact is he is well respected by fans at the majority of his previous clubs, and is evidently well liked and respected in the dressing room and around Ashtoin Gate.

I hope he can bloody well 'lose it' with the players if they become complacent, and it's necessary.

The apparent words of the chattering 'insiders' of the football world you often repeat on here, who may bear all sorts of grudges, mean absolutely nothing.

Perhaps you could stop repeating them, at least until such time as they have some relevance to his time at BCFC?

Tell you what fella...put me on your ignore list so you don't have to read them...that way they won't offend you.

It's your type of post that makes people stop posting on here.

We've lost numerous posters who have a little inside perspective, because it seems to get up some people noses.

What you obviously don't realise, is that I'm quiet happy with SC here and he's doing a good job.

Speaking openly about what's even been written on Sc's previous Clubs forums, and in the media about SC's 'Alleged' darker side is obviously a problem with you.

What you fail to notice...is that you've presumed my post is negative about SC and that people have an agenda against him.

Your mistake fella...don't read what you want to read.

If you think shouting and balling at people makes a difference then more fool you.

Disagree entirely, for me under Wilson we played our best football in the time ive supported City (since the early 90s).. could never get us over the line in what was a much tougher league back then.

And then he blew the play-off final in Cardiff. Or did you forget that?

Whilst you have to accept the current position in the table, I do feel sorry for GJ.

Look what we did for us: play-off final, promotion, and never finished near the bottom in the Championship - sacked.

What he has done for Yeovil is incredible. They would be nothing without him. If he gets the boot, I cannot see anyone else doing a better job for them in the medium term.

TFR

P.S. It is his sons fault anyway.

At Yeovil the reason for his downfall is exactly the same as what happened here.

Loanee after loanee after loanee bought in,I would have thought he would have learnt that it just doesn't work.

You can't build any kind of team spirit when your changing your squad on a monthly basis,and that's what he's doing at Yeovil.

His last season with us was exactly the same.

Tell you what fella...put me on your ignore list so you don't have to read them...that way they won't offend you.

It's your type of post that makes people stop posting on here.

We've lost numerous posters who have a little inside perspective, because it seems to up some people noses.

What you obviously don't realise, is that I'm quiet happy with SC here and he's doing a good job.

Speaking openly about what's even been written on Sc's previous Clubs forums, and in the media about SC's 'Alleged' darker side is obviously a problem with you.

What you fail to notice...is that you've presumed my post is negative about SC and that people have an agenda against him.

Your mistake fella...don't read what you want to read.

If you think shouting and balling at people makes a difference then more fool you.

Not 'offended' in any way Spudski, I'm simply challenging your comments.

Which I'll continue to do where I feel it necessary - no chance of you going on ignore.

Just because you say you have contacts within the chattering insiders of the football world doesn't mean we should all be obliged to take their jaundiced mutterings as gospel.

No one is having a 'dig' at SC...he is doing fine. And I couldn't agree more about the changing room and harmonious team spirit.

I've recently posted on the forum that it's the best team spirit I've seen in a long time at AG.

However...speak to anyone who works in the game, and you'll know that when things aren't going right you will see a different side to his character.

Lets hope we don't ever get their. Or any fan really upsets him...as one Burnley fan found out to his surprise when opening his door one day. All 'alleged ' of course.... ;)

Jesus Spud, he's ******* football manager, every football manager will have a temper, I suspect even Saint SOD has got a bad temper as well as a miserable disposition and some managers utter a load of old shite because they can never be wrong because their egos won't allow it, enter Jose yesterday.

The problem as you alluded to and so has SC, he knows there will come a day when the magic will stop working and one of two things will happen, either he will identify and overcome the problem or the problem will exacerbate and he will go into manager meltdown and make more and more irrational and desperate decisions, that is exactly what happened with GJ and that is the time when ambitious vultures within the dressing room will strike.

GJ got us promoted and quickly and took us to within one game of the prem and he made the fan base and SL believe, a belief that still exists and then it was all over in the same way at some stage it will for SC, it's the law, but GJ deserves credit for those 3/4 years, the fact that he couldn't carry the success on is neither here nor there, if it was we would treat Fred Ford, Alan Dicks, Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan with the same disdain because they all got us to a level and then stuttered/failed.

But as for the shock horror of a football manager with a temper, come on, I remember the first competitive school game I played at the age of 9 FFS the master in charge was a miserable git, shouting and screaming, but it didn't make any of us cry, it just made us try harder, perhaps modern day footballers occasionally need reminding that sometimes they need to break into a sweat and listen to to orders.

Jesus Spud, he's ******* football manager, every football manager will have a temper, I suspect even Saint SOD has got a bad temper as well as a miserable disposition and some managers utter a load of old shite because they can never be wrong because their egos won't allow it, enter Jose yesterday.

The problem as you alluded to and so has SC, he knows there will come a day when the magic will stop working and one of two things will happen, either he will identify and overcome the problem or the problem will exacerbate and he will go into manager meltdown and make more and more irrational and desperate decisions, that is exactly what happened with GJ and that is the time when ambitious vultures within the dressing room will strike.

GJ got us promoted and quickly and took us to within one game of the prem and he made the fan base and SL believe, a belief that still exists and then it was all over in the same way at some stage it will for SC, it's the law, but GJ deserves credit for those 3/4 years, the fact that he couldn't carry the success on is neither here nor there, if it was we would treat Fred Ford, Alan Dicks, Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan with the same disdain because they all got us to a level and then stuttered/failed.

But as for the shock horror of a football manager with a temper, come on, I remember the first competitive school game I played at the age of 9 FFS the master in charge was a miserable git, shouting and screaming, but it didn't make any of us cry, it just made us try harder, perhaps modern day footballers occasionally need reminding that sometimes they need to break into a sweat and listen to to orders.

I think Spud is trying to point out, some take it a little further. I imagine all managers lose it at some point. But some characters lose it a little more than others. Some lose it in the moment, others let it fester and turn up on peoples doorsteps a few days later. I think this shows a slightly hardcore underbelly. Good or bad thing, I dunno, all depends how its channeled. Let's hope it keeps going the way it currently is.

I think Spud is trying to point out, some take it a little further. I imagine all managers lose it at some point. But some characters lose it a little more than others. Some lose it in the moment, others let it fester and turn up on peoples doorsteps a few days later. I think this shows a slightly hardcore underbelly. Good or bad thing, I dunno, all depends how its channeled. Let's hope it keeps going the way it currently is.

Ah right urban myths then.

Not 'offended' in any way Spudski, I'm simply challenging your comments.

Which I'll continue to do where I feel it necessary - no chance of you going on ignore.

Just because you say you have contacts within the chattering insiders of the football world doesn't mean we should all be obliged to take their jaundiced mutterings as gospel.

No problem fella...but I have noticed there are a minority on here, and it seems always the same people, who go ballistic if anything is mentioned from an 'inside' perspective.

They become like a terrier not letting go of their toy.

It seems if it's written or posted on a forum...it's tittle tattle...or myth...yet posted in the media or by the Club...it must be gospel.

Football is like any business...it protects it's own.

Mutter words that are common knowledge from those within the game, and a vocal minority fear there is some sort of Agenda.

They couldn't be further from the truth.

There were very knowledgeable posters on this forum, who have stopped posting because of the way certain people kept coming after them, if they were to provide a snippet of interest from 'inside' the game.

It's the forums loss...but just because it hasn't come from the Club or media...it doesn't make it untrue.

Football like any business is about getting on and motivating people...when that starts to fail...it's time to move on.

We as a Club have many an untold story as to why relationships between certain staff broke down...it remains in the Clubs interest for it to remain out of the public domain...however snippets do come to the fore.

Whether people choose to believe them, it's up to them...

However...anyone would be foolish to think nothing can be true if it hasn't come from the Club.

As for SC and GJ...from my experience they are of that 'old school mold'...

Either way... GJ got us one game away from the Prem...and SC is doing well.

They imho, will continue to manage teams of similar ilk between the Championship and lower leagues.

Hopefully you will see my point...no agenda...

No problem fella...but I have noticed there are a minority on here, and it seems always the same people, who go ballistic if anything is mentioned from an 'inside' perspective.

They become like a terrier not letting go of their toy.

It seems if it's written or posted on a forum...it's tittle tattle...or myth...yet posted in the media or by the Club...it must be gospel.

Football is like any business...it protects it's own.

Mutter words that are common knowledge from those within the game, and a vocal minority fear there is some sort of Agenda.

They couldn't be further from the truth.

There were very knowledgeable posters on this forum, who have stopped posting because of the way certain people kept coming after them, if they were to provide a snippet of interest from 'inside' the game.

It's the forums loss...but just because it hasn't come from the Club or media...it doesn't make it untrue.

Football like any business is about getting on and motivating people...when that starts to fail...it's time to move on.

We as a Club have many an untold story as to why relationships between certain staff broke down...it remains in the Clubs interest for it to remain out of the public domain...however snippets do come to the fore.

Whether people choose to believe them, it's up to them...

However...anyone would be foolish to think nothing can be true if it hasn't come from the Club.

As for SC and GJ...from my experience they are of that 'old school mold'...

Either way... GJ got us one game away from the Prem...and SC is doing well.

They imho, will continue to manage teams of similar ilk between the Championship and lower leagues.

Hopefully you will see my point...no agenda...

There is a huge difference, if the club or media print something they might have to defend that in a court of law. Some embittered ex pro or hack doesn't if he passes it off as a rumour at a drunken bash, of course it could still be true, who knows.

There is a huge difference, if the club or media print something they might have to defend that in a court of law. Some embittered ex pro or hack doesn't if he passes it off as a rumour at a drunken bash, of course it could still be true, who knows.

And that is why many fans feel left in the dark, asking questions as to why? and what went wrong? Often coming to the wrong conclusion...and that is one reason why forums are so healthy and football Clubs allow them...so as to detract away from the 'real business' of what's going on at a Club.

As your last sentence confirms...it's often thought by certain fans that certain info comes from 'bitter ex pro's' or from some drunken bash or what the 'cleaner' heard...with some sort of negative agenda attached to it

You couldn't be further from the truth fella.

I find threads like these a bit sad. Some blokes get there yaya's by checking out websites that show young ladies getting theirs kits off and having it away with a bloke/another women, others go trawling OTIB finding threads about a certain former manager to pull their trousers down to.

Whatever turns you on I guess.

Right I'm heading back to a website that rhymes with hornpub as this game is getting on my nerves....

At Yeovil the reason for his downfall is exactly the same as what happened here.

Loanee after loanee after loanee bought in,I would have thought he would have learnt that it just doesn't work.

You can't build any kind of team spirit when your changing your squad on a monthly basis,and that's what he's doing at Yeovil.

100% agree, add the inability to work with players with higher league experience and you have his managerial faults to a tee.

did fantastically well to get us up and to the pray off final, and from that point on, he laid the foundations for our evntual demise in th Championship, though the above points and my point.

Johnson, like Jordan & Wilson is another ex City manager who did great things but ultimately let City **** it all up. they all had great times, and bad times here, fans, players and managers alike. Dont care if others cheer either I wont, personally would not lose sleep if either Wilson or Johnson never come back here.........they are history, City have moved on.

O Drosscoll on the other hand I will boo everytime I see the useless****..he was our worst manager ever...would even give a kind word to Ward, Lumsden, & McInnes...not O Drosscoll & Millen though....

Johnson, like Jordan & Wilson is another ex City manager who did great things but ultimately let City **** it all up. they all had great times, and bad times here, fans, players and managers alike. Dont care if others cheer either I wont, personally would not lose sleep if either Wilson or Johnson never come back here.........they are history, City have moved on.

O Drosscoll on the other hand I will boo everytime I see the useless ****..he was our worst manager ever...would even give a kind word to Ward, Lumsden, & McInnes...not O Drosscoll & Millen though....

I'm guessing you are judging these managers purely on there results?

It wasn't GJ who should get the blame for our demise from the Championship...it should be SL for getting to close and buddy with him and allowing GJ to continue in the same vein...and sticking by him for too long...the buck and blame stops at the helm.

Why you wouldn't clap Millen is beyond me.

He played well for us, and did his best for us. It was SL who chose to make him a manager for us...his first appointment.

It was SL who got it wrong, and he blamed Coppell for making that appointment, because Coppell told him he could do far worse...allegedly. :facepalm:

As for SoD...yes his results for the first team were awful.. unfortunately all the hard work and changes he put in place behind the scenes go unnoticed. He made it a lot easier for the next manager to come in and make a difference. SC can now concentrate purely on the first team, without having to worry about other issues in the Club. So I'll always thank SoD for that.

The majority of managers we've had in recent years have all tried there best... Unfortunately so many other issues have not allowed them to work as freely as one would have liked. Hands tied regardless of the money allowed.

Things are improving though thank god.

As for SoD...yes his results for the first team were awful.. unfortunately all the hard work and changes he put in place behind the scenes go unnoticed. He made it a lot easier for the next manager to come in and make a difference. SC can now concentrate purely on the first team, without having to worry about other issues in the Club. So I'll always thank SoD for that.

Hilarious.

Exactly right. Ultimately a leopard never changes its spots.

A one dimensional, one trick pony, always was and always will be. Now at long last the Yeovil fans have started to see through him. It's just of matter of time.

Perfectly true, but invisible to some.

A one dimensional, one trick pony, always was and always will be. Now at long last the Yeovil fans have started to see through him. It's just of matter of time.

Despite it appearing he's failing at Yeovil in a similar way to here - he will always be remembered by Yeovil fans as a legend. He took them into the football league, then league 1 and remarkably the championship. That is some achievement.

Even you must admit, given the size of Yeovil Town, he has achieved a great deal there over his two tenures.

For someone not interested in Gary, you're maintaining a remarkable amount of interest in this thread.

As for our recent(ish) managers, the only one who deserves any stick is Coppell. Millen was chucked into the deep end and did a good job in his first season in charge, and was then forced to cut back on spending in the summer transfer window due to the mess Coppell left behind. O'Driscoll tried his best and by the time of his sacking was already turning things around. Nothing to write about Gary that hasn't been said, he is the best City manager to hold the rein for most people under the age of 25.

Archived