IGNORED

Anyone Not Planning On Going To Wembley If We Get There?

Big Red Rich

I was thinking about this the other day. 

I'm not sure if I'd go or not, depending on ticket prices it could be a very expensive day and after 4 (3 Wembley and 1 Millenium) it has definitely lost it's magic.

Probably would but not a certainty which says a lot.

I've always enjoyed our trips to cup and play-off finals, not matter what the result. Walking to the ground in a sea of red. Banter before and afterwards in the pub, the tube, the station.

And I really don't care if some of the other City fans go less than me, or indeed if they've never been before. The more the merrier. If they see a cracking good game with a good atmosphere, maybe they'll come to AG more often.

It may be a "tinpot trophy" but it's the only one we have any chance of winning in the foreseeable future. I can't understand why fans are so disparaging about a cup designed for clubs in the lower leagues. Let's face facts, Bristol City is a lower league team, that occasionally escapes to a higher league. The future may be different but now is now.

I'll be there!

No, I'm not going, either.

I'm too old for that now, promotion for me please.

Can't wait! Wembley!

What a daft post - essentially one about being a certain age.

Age 40+, been to FRT 86 and 87? Prob not that bothered no more.

Age 40-, maybe seen us at the Mimmellium Stadium..gonna go...

Next!

We are currently a 3rd tier football team. Anyone who can't accept that is supporting the wrong club!

How anyone could even contemplate not watching their team in a rare appearance at Wembley is beyond me. Each to their own I guess.

Question to the op though. Would it be ok for those other fans to turn up if we made it to the FA cup final..?

Is it ok for them to come to our "big" home games..?

Historically we are a third tier side, so the anyone thinking we are too big for the JPT is wrong. While it's not a major cup I'd much rather we got ourselves as many trophies (for league teams) as possible becuase (as said on here many times) winning breeds confidence and although it isn't prestigous what do we really have to shout about as a club?

The game against Carlisle at the millenium stadium is the only final ive been able to see city in, and if I can afford it I will go to Wembley should we get there.

So 20k "part timers" don't appear at play off finals?

Sorry, but I honestly can't see the link between play off finals and the JPT. Play offs are crucial to the club, however disappointing they may turn out to be. The JPT final is a crumb thrown to underachieving clubs to make them feel better about being crap.

And as to the Wembley experience...

I am genuinely sorry for those who expect it to be something special. Think the Minimal stadium Santa's grotto but more expensive. What happened at the Millennium Stadium against Brighton was one of the greatest disappointments of my life, but the stadium at least impressed me. The new Wembley is a tacky money Hoover.

Those that say its the only chance of us winning something in the near future...hello? We have a fantastic chance of winning the league one title, our first championship since 1955!! Thats the only silverware I want, dont really care about the paint pot.

Wembley would be a nice day out for the young uns though and a good chance to make some money. I hope we make it now after getting this far.

Sorry, but I honestly can't see the link between play off finals and the JPT. Play offs are crucial to the club, however disappointing they may turn out to be. The JPT final is a crumb thrown to underachieving clubs to make them feel better about being crap.

I am genuinely sorry for those who expect it to be something special. Think the Minimal stadium Santa's grotto but more expensive. What happened at the Millennium Stadium against Brighton was one of the greatest disappointments of my life, but the stadium at least impressed me. The new Wembley is a tacky money Hoover.

I take it you wont be going then?

If we take anything less then 30k to Wembley for this, the fans should hang there heads in shame.

Where as I agree, this final is a bit of an anti climax (the Carlisle game was), it is still a Cup Final, its still a big day for the club, its still our club in the spot light and its a good way of showing Steve Lansdown that we do have the potential to get big crowds.

I get the argument when people say "if it was a play off final, we wouild take 40k....", but what happens if we ever hit the Prem? say we lasted a couple of years, would it be "oh its only Stoke at home this week.....its not as attractive as Man Utd", meaning we only end up with about 17k?!

Not very often we get to see our club in the spotlight for a Final...even if it is just a JPT. 

Yep just this, will never go to Wembley again rip off ville in the middle of no-where, much prefer the Mill

Archived