IGNORED

Anyone Not Planning On Going To Wembley If We Get There?

Big Red Rich

Historically we are a third tier side, so the anyone thinking we are too big for the JPT is wrong. While it's not a major cup I'd much rather we got ourselves as many trophies (for league teams) as possible becuase (as said on here many times) winning breeds confidence and although it isn't prestigous what do we really have to shout about as a club?

The game against Carlisle at the millenium stadium is the only final ive been able to see city in, and if I can afford it I will go to Wembley should we get there.

If you look back at the stats (I did a few years back) - our 2nd tier v 3 tier status is damn close - when I get 5 minutes, I will look it up again, so historically we are not a third tier side. (2.5 tier!) - I will be going to Wembley whatever tier we are in!

Tomo

I have no problem with suddenly finding an extra 20K+ fans when we get to Wembley, the same as I have no problem with City being in the JPT, it's a competition we have a proud history of success in and there's not many competitions we can say that about!

My problem is Wembley itself, it's a horrible place designed to fleece you of every penny in your pockets at every opportunity. The tickets prices will be too high. It might be in London, but it's hardly a nice bit of London for a day out and I don't get the '''ooooh London' thing as though we should be excited about going to the big city or something.

The only way I will consider going is if my son suddenly develops a hitherto undiscovered love for football and gets desperately excited about it. He's been to a few games but is pretty "meh" about it so far to be honest.

I would prefer a two legged final played home and away. It would be much more exciting and the prize at the end of it would be just the same.

Keep the wonderful Wembley experience for the games that really are too big to be held anywhere else.

Watch it on Television then fella - we will take 40,000!

When was it decided that Wembley is the world's most iconic stadium? The place is a Shyte hole, I'll be there though

OK, I'll concede that maybe not the reality of the actual stadium itself as it stands today. But I'm fairly confident that if you ask most footballers world wide about Wembley, it would be one place that they would want to play.

I'm won't be going. No interest what so ever in a pointless competition, and definitely won't be spending the money on it. Would have to consider it if I had a free ticket to be honest, it's embarrassing to be playing in, we're bigger than this now.

No, we're not. If we were too big for it, we wouldn't be in it. We're a third tier team if you hadn't noticed.

Read it again, then. I made it perfectly clear.

If you say so.

......and some people wonder why this club never kicks on.

43,000 from Southampton attended this final a few years back.....and thats a  club who, bar a few years in the doldrums, have always been in a top flight club.  So if anyone should have looked down there noses at this competition...its them

Thankfully, a majority of our fans wont share your belief

You know what - I'm proud of the club when we take 30,000 - 40,000 to these big days out. I'm not sat thinking 'Eurgh. Who are these people?!'

Would people really rather we took 14,000 - 16,000 and fill up half of one tier?!

Baffled by this, really baffled.

Exactly!

I don't get to many games these days due to being busy with work, family and the overall costs involved..... does that make me a 'part timer'? or 'plastic'? or whatever other name the 'I'm a better fan than you' fans like to call me?

So the fact that I've watched City since I was 4 years old with my Dad, spent most of the 80's and 90's following City Home and Away but have been caught up in 'real life' for the last few years.... would make me a part timer and would annoy the hell out of somebody that goes to watch them fairly regularly now?..... and has done for a couple of years? *and breathe*

Big up to you. (I felt like a rant today, sorry!) :shutup:

OK, I'll concede that maybe not the reality of the actual stadium itself as it stands today. But I'm fairly confident that if you ask most footballers world wide about Wembley, it would be one place that they would want to play.

I imagine that it's excellent for the players, even if FIFA regs demand that international teams get a coach for the 200 yards between hotel and stadium :(

It's probably great for the honoured guests, too, but it's shite for the hoi polloi.

I'm reminded of Richard Branson saying that he wanted to make Virgin Trains like an airline - he'd obviously never travelled cattle class.

The Millennium Stadium, in contrast, was a marvellous experience, apart from the bloody football :grr:

The old Wembley was maybe the worlds most iconic football stadium. What is there now is a horrible, plastic thing with as much soul and history as my arse.

Haven't been to the 'new' Wembley so can't comment other than if it resembles a back-passage in anyway it may at least be worth a look.

I had a colonoscopy a year or two ago and looking at the screen and listening to the tour guide throughout I found the whole thing surprisingly fascinating. I witnessed a completely new side to me and discovered hidden depths within me that I never knew was there. Looking around, the scenery was quite breathtaking at times, I somehow can't imagine the new Wembley offering as much butt who knows? :)

Haven't been to the 'new' Wembley so can't comment other than if it resembles a back-passage in anyway it may at least be worth a look.

I had a colonoscopy a year or two ago and looking at the screen and listening to the tour guide throughout I found the whole thing surprisingly fascinating. I witnessed a completely new side to me and discovered hidden depths within me that I never knew was there. Looking around, the scenery was quite breathtaking at times, I somehow can't imagine the new Wembley offering as much butt who knows? :)

I've always thought that posters here were up their own arses... ;)

Not sure if my feelings are realistic, pessimistic or realistically pessimistic(!) but because for me it would come down to cost I could probably only justify shelling out for one Wembley visit with the City this season.  The issue is that whilst we are at the top of the table there is a chance that we could end up playing in the play-off final instead if we drop a few points, which is inevitable (the dropping of points being inevitable, not the needing the play-offs). 

Obviously if I knew this was going to be the case, then the play-offs would win out every day of the week.  (Equally obvious is the fact that I'd rather we win the league than need the play-offs!)

But not knowing how the last 6 weeks of the season will play out means that there is a genuine dilemma.  If I choose to go to the JPT then I'd miss the play-offs if they were needed, which clearly I wouldn't want to do.  Decisions, decisions.....(of course, we may still get knocked out by Gillingham!)

I respect people's decision whether they decide to go, or not.

Doesn't make anyone more of a City fan, or less.

....without being drawn into a 'super fan' debate.......it kind of does.

If someone has a legit reason, like they cannot afford it, or something like that....then of course, thats fair enough.

If you choose to not go....solely because "you dont like the stadium or set up"....I think thats pretty poor show.

....without being drawn into a 'super fan' debate.......it kind of does.

If someone has a legit reason, like they cannot afford it, or something like that....then of course, thats fair enough.

If you choose to not go....solely because "you dont like the stadium or set up"....I think thats pretty poor show.

Correct!

Add the "I don't want to go because there will loads of "part-timers" there.." to that...one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard

Archived