IGNORED

Anyone Not Planning On Going To Wembley If We Get There?

Big Red Rich

Not sure if my feelings are realistic, pessimistic or realistically pessimistic(!) but because for me it would come down to cost I could probably only justify shelling out for one Wembley visit with the City this season.  The issue is that whilst we are at the top of the table there is a chance that we could end up playing in the play-off final instead if we drop a few points, which is inevitable (the dropping of points being inevitable, not the needing the play-offs). 

Obviously if I knew this was going to be the case, then the play-offs would win out every day of the week.  (Equally obvious is the fact that I'd rather we win the league than need the play-offs!)

But not knowing how the last 6 weeks of the season will play out means that there is a genuine dilemma.  If I choose to go to the JPT then I'd miss the play-offs if they were needed, which clearly I wouldn't want to do.  Decisions, decisions.....(of course, we may still get knocked out by Gillingham!)

You reckon they'll make the play-off semis?

No. Absolutely not.

I haven't watched a single JPT game since its inception - either live or on the TV.

In an office packed with Watford, Tottenham, Arsenal and West Ham fans - I couldnt for one moment mention I am looking forward to a Johnstone Paint Trophy game without being laughed out of the building.

I pass Wembley pretty much everyday to go to work, I would love to see City play there again in a game that meant something.

The JPT means nothing to me other than a reminder of what a crap league we find ourselves in.

I dont wish anyone a bad time or anything but I travel all over the country supporting this club in games that mean something.

This one does not.

I respect people's decision whether they decide to go, or not.

Doesn't make anyone more of a City fan, or less.

I agree.

I went to Peterborough away whilst most here sat at home and didn't go.

Didnt make me more of a fan - I was just able to go.

Some on here may go to Wembley in the JPT while I will not.

They are then no more a fan than I.

Horses for courses.

I don't want us in the competition and never have.

Its a Cup Final! our club is in the spot light and its a chance to show that, if we did ever reach the big time, we would be able to pull in the big crowds.  If we cant take 30,000+ for this.....then I don't believe for one second, if we ever made the Prem....we would get 20,000+ for games against teams like Stoke etc. 

Your argument is pretty flawed though as I guarantee....all those that wont go "because they don't like the Wembley experience".....will be first in line for tickets if we got to Wembley in the Play-off final

Yes, I will be first in line for play-off final tickets (although I hope we don't need it), not because it's at Wembley but because it's a vital game for our future. If you really can't understand that, then you are dimmer than you appear to be.

No. Absolutely not.

I haven't watched a single JPT game since its inception - either live or on the TV.

In an office packed with Watford, Tottenham, Arsenal and West Ham fans - I couldnt for one moment mention I am looking forward to a Johnstone Paint Trophy game without being laughed out of the building.

I pass Wembley pretty much everyday to go to work, I would love to see City play there again in a game that meant something.

The JPT means nothing to me other than a reminder of what a crap league we find ourselves in.

I dont wish anyone a bad time or anything but I travel all over the country supporting this club in games that mean something.

This one does not.

Attitudes like this, why I have always thought we will never find ourselves in a position like Southampton.  They took 43,000 to this final a few years back....and that's a club that have spent an awful lot of time the last 25 years playing in the top flight of English football.

We are historically a top end league 1 / bottom half Championship club, and we have fans who think they are above this competition ......crazy.

Do I want to be in it? nah I would rather have gone out first round and concentrate on the league, but now we find ourselves 2 games away....its a great chance for this club to be back in the spot light for all the right reasons. 

Not to mention its great for Lansdown who....once again....when we all asked him to, has backed this club financially

Its a Cup Final! our club is in the spot light and its a chance to show that, if we did ever reach the big time, we would be able to pull in the big crowds.  If we cant take 30,000+ for this.....then I don't believe for one second, if we ever made the Prem....we would get 20,000+ for games against teams like Stoke etc. 

Your argument is pretty flawed though as I guarantee....all those that wont go "because they don't like the Wembley experience".....will be first in line for tickets if we got to Wembley in the Play-off final

One of very limited significance, that no-one outside the two teams contesting it give two fkuks about. Let's be honest.

It's not my argument, it's other peoples. If they are not attending the JP Final purely because of the matchday experience then obviously they shouldn't attend a play-off for the same reason. It would be hypocritical to do otherwise.

Your argument is flawed anyway as we'll take 30k + to Wembley (if we get there) because they'll be plenty of fans who enjoy the Wembley experience and take the places of those who don't. No idea how you make the connection between a one-off JP Trophy final and crowds we could pull in the Prem? Two totally different scenarios.

Just don't understand why we're all taking a pop at each other for it. People pay their money and take their choice.

Attitudes like this, why I have always thought we will never find ourselves in a position like Southampton.  They took 43,000 to this final a few years back....and that's a club that have spent an awful lot of time the last 25 years playing in the top flight of English football.

How many Wembley/Cardiff finals have they had in the past 25 years? Quite possibly fewer than us. Plus they are a much bigger club than us.

Yes, I will be first in line for play-off final tickets (although I hope we don't need it), not because it's at Wembley but because it's a vital game for our future. If you really can't understand that, then you are dimmer than you appear to be.

not at all. I certainly know how important a play off game is compared to this specific cup final.  I just find it extremely embarrassing when people wont go because "they don't like the stadium".

It would be a big day for the players, the chairman and for the club....if you cant see that, you sir are the dim one

One of very limited significance, that no-one outside the two teams contesting it give two fkuks about. Let's be honest.

It's not my argument, it's other peoples. If they are not attending the JP Final purely because of the matchday experience then obviously they shouldn't attend a play-off for the same reason. It would be hypocritical to do otherwise.

Your argument is flawed anyway as we'll take 30k + to Wembley (if we get there) because they'll be plenty of fans who enjoy the Wembley experience and take the places of those who don't. No idea how you make the connection between a one-off JP Trophy final and crowds we could pull in the Prem? Two totally different scenarios.

Just don't understand why we're all taking a pop at each other for it. People pay their money and take their choice.

I'm sure its not to the players and the chairman.  The same Chairman who has backed this club financially again this season.....

I understand its on a par with the Charity Shield.....but still, its a great opportunity to show everyone what we are all about. 

not at all. I certainly know how important a play off game is compared to this specific cup final.  I just find it extremely embarrassing when people wont go because "they don't like the stadium".

It would be a big day for the players, the chairman and for the club....if you cant see that, you sir are the dim one

Oh dear. you do have problems with comprehension, don't you?

I don't want to go because the Pisspot Trophy is a consolation prize for failure, as I stated earlier. The fact that it's at Wembley is neither here nor there. As I also said before, if they were playing it in my back garden, I'd close the curtains (with apologies to the great Bill Shankly).

As a separate point, in criticising Wembley, I was answering those who want to go just because it is there. They are hoping to get a magical experience. They won't. Despite the result, the Hull play-off final was a memorable day - we were so close to the Premiership and gave 100% in the effort to get there. The stadium didn't add to the experience; it detracted from it.

I'm sure its not to the players and the chairman.  The same Chairman who has backed this club financially again this season.....

I understand its on a par with the Charity Shield.....but still, its a great opportunity to show everyone what we are all about. 

Everyone? The few thousand in Bristol and [insert town here] who will be watching?

PS And it's not on a par with the Charity Shield, it's two divisions below that with about a twentieth of the audience.

I will go if the team makes it.  As a BCFC fan living in London it's impossible to get to AG for every home game.  I go if I'm at home visiting the parents (eg Yeovil on Boxing Day) but otherwise opportunities are limited.  This is especially the case this season as Orient are the only London team in League 1.

A Wembley trip would quite frankly be incredible.

As I understand it our trophy cabinet is currently bare so who cares if it is a "tinpot trophy" it's better than no trophy at all. 

I will go if the team makes it.  As a BCFC fan living in London it's impossible to get to AG for every home game.  I go if I'm at home visiting the parents (eg Yeovil on Boxing Day) but otherwise opportunities are limited.  This is especially the case this season as Orient are the only London team in League 1.

A Wembley trip would quite frankly be incredible.

As I understand it our trophy cabinet is currently bare so who cares if it is a "tinpot trophy" it's better than no trophy at all. 

I don't believe we have a cabinet, as it's never really been necessary. If we do win this "tinpot" let's just bung it on shelf/mantlepiece somewhere.

Everyone? The few thousand in Bristol and [insert town here] who will be watching?

PS And it's not on a par with the Charity Shield, it's two divisions below that with about a twentieth of the audience.

you know exactly the point I am trying to get across

either that or you are having problems with your comprehension

Had to chuckle reading through some of the opinions on this thread ha. For me if you go or dont go it dosnt make you any more or less of a fan IMO..

We have been in 3 finals of recent times, carlisle, brighton and Hull and on every occasion taken over 30k. For me this will be no different, we will take 30 k plus so the people worrying it will be embarassing neither bother!

Can't believe the club have a hedgehog priority scheme in place again.

Archived