IGNORED

Anyone Not Planning On Going To Wembley If We Get There?

Big Red Rich

I'll be there IF we make it,

At the start of the season my 11 y/o told me we would win the play-off final at Wembley (although she a predicts a win every game we play - apart from Orient when she predicted a draw with a score of 3-2 to us!).

After the first couple of wins she changed her mind and said we would win the league outright and go to Wembley to win the JPT instead. 

Won't be cheap to go but again IF we go up how many more times will we even get close to a day at Wembley watching City?

Personally, I find it disgusting that we could have up to 20,000 immigrants in one day.

I propose that all these blagging, glory cheats, fair weather " I support Bristol" knobs are individually vetted to ensure we are not turning into Man U with our unprecedented success and that they all hold UK passports .

Whatever next- school kids wearing BCFC shirts in Lincoln? 

PS I'll be at Wembley and order a Lobster Lot.

Find it amazing how passionate people are about telling people they won't support our club if we get to Wembley.

Good on you - if you aren't planning on it, why tell people you aren't planning on it? Just don't bother bringing it up at all if it's that insignificant to you. I wouldn't want some bloke banging on about hedgehogs sat next to me anyway if I'm honest.

So many people racked up about 20 posts arguing about why it's tinpot etc, but if it's that tinpot it wouldn't bother you enough to get so wound up unless you're trying to prove some bonkers point.

Personally wouldn't have cared if we went out Round 1 with the fringe players getting a run out, but now we have a shot at winning it (and as it doesn't seem to be having an adverse effect on our League 1 form at all which is obviously priority) then **** it I want to win it. Success breeds success at the end of the day and if by fans of BCFC turning up - if we can make it / afford it etc - and supporting the players helps the club then why wouldn't you go? Because you don't like Wembley? Do me a favour - it's 100x better than the shit grounds in League 1 and we probably / hopefully won't be there again for a long time unless we pull off some FA Cup miracle run. Or because it's a sign of failure - are you mad? We got ourselves in this position by FAILING to win Championship games and now we can only beat the teams we put in front of ourselves so how about enjoy winning in general.

It's sad people will probably say how pleased and relieved they are if Gillingham beat us as Wembley would be a distraction. Just think about it differently, losing a game which results in no Wembley final - a stadium many of the players will never get to play in again during their careers - could just as easily have the total opposite effect and send us on a shocking run of form.

Yes. The title of the thread is 'Anyone not planning to go to if we get there?"

So people are saying why they're not planning on going.

Sorry but did you read my post? The point was why bother sharing something you aren't going to do... that goes for the person who started this thread too. Well done on the clever comment though, almost nailed it so nice effort. Let me know if you have anything to add which is actually worth my time reading / replying to.

Sorry but did you read my post? The point was why bother sharing something you aren't going to do... that goes for the person who started this thread too. Well done on the clever comment though, almost nailed it so nice effort. Let me know if you have anything to add which is actually worth my time reading / replying to.

To be fair he adds a more valid point than your post of "why are people bothering to say why they aren't going?" on a thread titled "why aren't you going?".

People are entitled to post what they like.

This ain't North Korea - yet.

To be fair he adds a more valid point than your post of "why are people bothering to say why they aren't going?" on a thread titled "why aren't you going?".

People are entitled to post what they like.

This ain't North Korea - yet.

Ah yes was waiting for the people can post what they want reply. I asked a question why people would post they weren't going - is that okay or can I not question it? Hardly trying to silence a bloody forum, just asking what the point in some of the OTT posts are. If you don't wanna go don't go, but why spend time banging on about how shit it is. Seriously some people aren't happy unless they have something to slag off or complain about. It's a Cup Final - after years of rubbish it should be okay to enjoy it. Even if you feel guilty as it's the JPT - get over it.

If life is so bad you can't even enjoy City having a shot at Wembley there is a phone number I can give you which may help. Lighten up!

I think this debate just shows the divide in realistic fans and ones with higher expectations. I'll be there no question as I don't think I'll get to see my team at wembley too many times in my life so will take every opportunity.

To anyone who says were bigger than the competition... We're clearly not. to be bigger than it we need to be in a league where we don't qualify so while there is a trophy there to win I want us to win it.

Also how can fans slate players for not giving 100% in every game when we have fans saying there not gonna go as it's pointless? If our players lost and said it a pointless cup anyway we would go nuts at them.

Ah yes was waiting for the people can post what they want reply. I asked a question why people would post they weren't going - is that okay or can I not question it? Hardly trying to silence a bloody forum, just asking what the point in some of the OTT posts are. If you don't wanna go don't go, but why spend time banging on about how shit it is. Seriously some people aren't happy unless they have something to slag off or complain about. It's a Cup Final - after years of rubbish it should be okay to enjoy it. Even if you feel guilty as it's the JPT - get over it.

If life is so bad you can't even enjoy City having a shot at Wembley there is a phone number I can give you which may help. Lighten up!

I assume you are going so can't see what the point is in reading a thread about people who are planning not to go, if we get there, then being OTT in banging on about how these people aren't happy unless they've got something to complain about. Surely the fact you've chosen to read a thread that asks people for their reasons for not wanting to attend when you are attending and then posting on it yourself to bash them shows that you must have a tendency to slag off and complain too!  

lgl 

The old Wembley was maybe the worlds most iconic football stadium. What is there now is a horrible, plastic thing with as much soul and history as my arse.

Rich.Seeing as there are a lot of people on this thread who haven't visited the new Wembley stadium, it may be helpful to them to get a context of it if you could describe exactly how much soul and history your arse has.As someone who has been there I assume your arse is sadly lacking in both areas.Kindest Regards.Slacker.

I think the crux of the problem for me is that getting to Wembley used to be a real achievement. The only time you would see your club there was the FA Cup Final or the League Cup Final and that was it. It took City 63 years to get there, in the 28 years since we've been 3 times and would have been 5 if it wasn't for the stadium being rebuilt. It's not particularly special any more, for players OR fans. there are only 3 league clubs left that have never played there, and I'm sure it won't be long before they make it somehow.

Games like the JPT final should either be 2-legged home and away, or played at a stadium like Old Trafford, Villa Park or The Emirates.

I can only just about put up with the Play Off Final being at Wembley, on demand for tickets alone.

I know that Wembley has to be used more to pay for it, but it's getting to be like a school sports day where everybody gets a go just so nobodies feelings are hurt these days. It's just not an achievement getting there any more, if we make the final this season it will be because we beat four teams all lower placed in the league than we are. It'll be a trophy, but not one that will mean a great deal once the day is over. 1986 was one of the greatest days in the club's history, but that wasn't because it was the Leyland Daf Trophy, it was what the day represented coming so soon after 1982 that made it special and the fact it was our first time ever there.

I get the big day out thing, I really do, but it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd be no more inclined to go to that particular game than I would Barnsley away (for example).

The one thing that does pique my interest though, is the fact that I have just discovered that a win this year would make us the most successful club in the competitions history with three wins. Not sure what that says about Bristol City as a club but it's a record nonetheless.

Rich.Seeing as there are a lot of people on this thread who haven't visited the new Wembley stadium, it may be helpful to them to get a context of it if you could describe exactly how much soul and history your arse has.As someone who has been there I assume your arse is sadly lacking in both areas.Kindest Regards.Slacker.

Thank You for showing a keen interest in my arse. Unfortunately it's not open for ground tours, but if it were you'd find it has approximately 40 years more history than the new Wembley and has not developed any more soul at all, an aspect it particularly lacks. What is does excel in over the new Wembley is creating an atmosphere, though not a particularly pleasant one. And I would now like to cease this analogy and talk of it no more.

Thank You for showing a keen interest in my arse. Unfortunately it's not open for ground tours, but if it were you'd find it has approximately 40 years more history than the new Wembley and has not developed any more soul at all, an aspect it particularly lacks. What is does excel in over the new Wembley is creating an atmosphere, though not a particularly pleasant one. And I would now like to cease this analogy and talk of it no more.

There is an arse-soul play on words if you look hard enough!

Thanks Rich. Hopefully the non attendees of new Wembley will find that helpful and informative. I hope you understand I was not enquiring on my own behalf as I have already visited it.The new Wembley that is.Not your arse!

I think the crux of the problem for me is that getting to Wembley used to be a real achievement. The only time you would see your club there was the FA Cup Final or the League Cup Final and that was it. It took City 63 years to get there, in the 28 years since we've been 3 times and would have been 5 if it wasn't for the stadium being rebuilt. It's not particularly special any more, for players OR fans. there are only 3 league clubs left that have never played there, and I'm sure it won't be long before they make it somehow.

Games like the JPT final should either be 2-legged home and away, or played at a stadium like Old Trafford, Villa Park or The Emirates.

I can only just about put up with the Play Off Final being at Wembley, on demand for tickets alone.

I know that Wembley has to be used more to pay for it, but it's getting to be like a school sports day where everybody gets a go just so nobodies feelings are hurt these days. It's just not an achievement getting there any more, if we make the final this season it will be because we beat four teams all lower placed in the league than we are. It'll be a trophy, but not one that will mean a great deal once the day is over. 1986 was one of the greatest days in the club's history, but that wasn't because it was the Leyland Daf Trophy, it was what the day represented coming so soon after 1982 that made it special and the fact it was our first time ever there.

I get the big day out thing, I really do, but it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd be no more inclined to go to that particular game than I would Barnsley away (for example).

The one thing that does pique my interest though, is the fact that I have just discovered that a win this year would make us the most successful club in the competitions history with three wins. Not sure what that says about Bristol City as a club but it's a record nonetheless.

Really dont agree with this sorry

Wembley should be for Finals...and finals only.  Not semi finals, not Charity Shields...none of that crap....finals

Really dont agree with this sorry

Wembley should be for Finals...and finals only.  Not semi finals, not Charity Shields...none of that crap....finals

I agree with you there, I'm just not convinced that the JPT is an important enough final to merit the game being played at Wembley. I would keep it for the FA Cup Final, the League Cup Final and England internationals. Even then, there is a good and valid argument to be made that not all England games should be there either.

I agree with you there, I'm just not convinced that the JPT is an important enough final to merit the game being played at Wembley. I would keep it for the FA Cup Final, the League Cup Final and England internationals. Even then, there is a good and valid argument to be made that not all England games should be there either.

It's all about paying for the exorbitant cost of the new Wembley. I'm surprised that the Downs League cup final isn't played there ;)

As to why Wembley cost so much more than the Millennium for an inferior result, you'd have to ask the FA. They won't tell you, mind...

Not going to Crawleriee and not going to Wemberliee.. what is all this nonsense..? what sort of a question is that anyway? I shall not be going to either because my commute time and cost is a tad too long. I think City will forgive me for that. However, anybody living within the shores of England should do all they can to get to a cup final. As for Crawley?... what a numbingliee numbskull thread, so much so i am not gonna grace it with a response except on this parallel one.

If we were sat in mid table, heading nowhere and basing our entire season around winning the JPT, then I could see the point of some peoples argument.

If we can have a Wembley day out ON TOP of sustaining our current league position, then what a lovely "cherry on the top" it would be for a hopefully very memorable season.

Not going to Crawleriee and not going to Wemberliee.. what is all this nonsense..? what sort of a question is that anyway? I shall not be going to either because my commute time and cost is a tad too long. I think City will forgive me for that. However, anybody living within the shores of England should do all they can to get to a cup final. As for Crawley?... what a numbingliee numbskull thread, so much so i am not gonna grace it with a response except on this parallel one.

You do get that the. "Not going on Saturday -Crawley" thread is an ironic piss take of this one...?!

I'm the same on reason not going today. Commute.

Driving down to Bristol for a game v Crawley a Town sat again in some random part of the ground.

Well it just isn't happening - particularly with a shitload of work on my laptop to do and stuff round the house etc...

I shall go to Crewe and I have tickets to see GJ back with Yeovil.

People should be free to go to whatever games they like and not feel second class etc from others - just cos they might be a "season ticket holder"...

So smaller teams should not be allowed a chance to play at the national stadium? What elitist bullshit.

Archived