IGNORED

Anyone Not Planning On Going To Wembley If We Get There?

Big Red Rich

Could someone please explain to me what a part timer is, please?

I've been twice this season, wish it was more but it's due to circumstances which mean I need to decide on the day whether I can go, this season that's meant a lot of disappointment due to sold out games.

If we get to Wembley, I'll move heaven and earth to be there - but was not aware I'd be looked down upon by fellow fans.

I've been twice this season, wish it was more but it's due to circumstances which mean I need to decide on the day whether I can go, this season that's meant a lot of disappointment due to sold out games.

If we get to Wembley, I'll move heaven and earth to be there - but was not aware I'd be looked down upon by fellow fans.

No such thing as a part timer if you still attend games mate,albeit when you can. Makes me laugh as plenty on here try to shoot down the so called 'part timers' yet these supposed die hard fans only go to home games. Is that part time as well then?

No such thing as a part timer if you still attend games mate,albeit when you can. Makes me laugh as plenty on here try to shoot down the so called 'part timers' yet these supposed die hard fans only go to home games. Is that part time as well then?

What are the season ticket holders that cheer Man United, Liverpool scores at half time referred to as, I wonder!!??!

People support the club in different ways - don't get why we have to pigeon hole everyone. Surely 'City supporter' does that already.

What are the season ticket holders that cheer Man United, Liverpool scores at half time referred to as, I wonder!!??!

People support the club in different ways - don't get why we have to pigeon hole everyone. Surely 'City supporter' does that already.

I always cheer the Liverpool and Man U scores, but only if they are losing!

Part timer in my book is the sort of people that you never ever hear of talking about the city until all of a sudden its the 'in' thing. I remember in our Hull PO year people who I'd never even spoke to about City talking about getting a season ticket if 'we' go up. Since Hull again not a peep. Take that abhorrent piece of work Justin Lee Collins, on TV at every opportunity when we were doing well talking about being a city fan, since then not a word.

I've only been 2-3 times at home I think this season and Notts County away, I just don't get the time these days with a family & 2 jobs, I don't believe this makes me or any others in my situation a part timer. My time of going home/away every week will come again I'm sure...

Let me get this straight, without my kids birthday and a new sprog pending I'd be there without doubt. I'm just not too bothered to miss it I think was my point.

I was going to write the same post as BRR. Couldn't agree with him more. I live in the south east and can get their easily. Went to both in the eighties and i remember was surprised when i walked away from the stoke one  not giving a toss we had lost. I made my mind up at the time. Didn't  even watch  the one in cardiff on the TV.

Anyway before you lot start the abuse I will be there on saturday which is over a 230 mile round trip.

I dont want to be the best (cup) team in the 2 lower divisions . I want to get out of them.

Part timer in my book is the sort of people that you never ever hear of talking about the city until all of a sudden its the 'in' thing. I remember in our Hull PO year people who I'd never even spoke to about City talking about getting a season ticket if 'we' go up. Since Hull again not a peep. Take that abhorrent piece of work Justin Lee Collins, on TV at every opportunity when we were doing well talking about being a city fan, since then not a word.

I've only been 2-3 times at home I think this season and Notts County away, I just don't get the time these days with a family & 2 jobs, I don't believe this makes me or any others in my situation a part timer. My time of going home/away every week will come again I'm sure...

Let me get this straight, without my kids birthday and a new sprog pending I'd be there without doubt. I'm just not too bothered to miss it I think was my point.

TBH he isn't really on telly any more since he beat his gf up.

Prior to that, I saw him at a number of games.

Hard to believe reading these posts from some of our fans -- we are top of the league, semifinal of trophy and in third round of FA Cup -- we could well get to Wembley and we could well be in the fourth round of t'cup -- do you or don't you want to take the whole ride or are you all so choosy? All of it is great publicity for the club, all of it increases income -- some of which will be needed to get squad additions in -- what is the reason for not supporting?

Hard to believe reading these posts from some of our fans -- we are top of the league, semifinal of trophy and in third round of FA Cup -- we could well get to Wembley and we could well be in the fourth round of t'cup -- do you or don't you want to take the whole ride or are you all so choosy? All of it is great publicity for the club, all of it increases income -- some of which will be needed to get squad additions in -- what is the reason for not supporting?

Lets not forget that Steve Lansdown is trying to build something big here.  Now, I have praised Lansdown in the past, and have been equally critical of him when he has made some blundering mistakes.

One thing though....he has never given up, and is showing no signs of giving up.  For me, his motivation is that if he ever gets us to the big time....we will really take off as a club.

If we cant muster 30k plus for a Cup Final and a day out at Wembley, if I was Steve, I for one would be asking serious questions as to why I was bothering.

"Hey guys, just to let you know that I'm not going going to Wembley because City are far too good for this rubbish. I mean, c'mon, Walsall? Notts County? I've never even heard of them!"

I'd wager that the majority of the 'I'm not going' crew will be first in the face paint and jester hat queues once arriving in London.

Sorry, but I honestly can't see the link between play off finals and the JPT. Play offs are crucial to the club, however disappointing they may turn out to be. The JPT final is a crumb thrown to underachieving clubs to make them feel better about being crap.

And as to the Wembley experience...

I am genuinely sorry for those who expect it to be something special. Think the Minimal stadium Santa's grotto but more expensive. What happened at the Millennium Stadium against Brighton was one of the greatest disappointments of my life, but the stadium at least impressed me. The new Wembley is a tacky money Hoover.

No one's judging you Aizoon ,you're entitled to your ridiculous and deeply flawed moronic opinion .;0)

Me too. I don't go to The Gate very often because I live in Sheffield, but I don't feel like I should be ashamed about going to Wembley. That said, I'll be costing it up before I definitely say I'm going. It'd probably be cheaper for me to come down to Bristol and catch a couple more league games than go to Wembley, so last home game of a possible promotion season or the FL Trophy final?

You know what - I'm proud of the club when we take 30,000 - 40,000 to these big days out. I'm not sat thinking 'Eurgh. Who are these people?!'

Would people really rather we took 14,000 - 16,000 and fill up half of one tier?!

Baffled by this, really baffled.

Yeah I'm with you on this mate. I want as many there as possible!

I'm won't be going. No interest what so ever in a pointless competition, and definitely won't be spending the money on it. Would have to consider it if I had a free ticket to be honest, it's embarrassing to be playing in, we're bigger than this now.

Not sure I understand how we are bigger than the JPT.

Remember where we were this time last year?

I'm won't be going. No interest what so ever in a pointless competition, and definitely won't be spending the money on it. Would have to consider it if I had a free ticket to be honest, it's embarrassing to be playing in, we're bigger than this now.

We're only bigger than this when we don't qualify to play in it by virtue of being in a higher division.

Well if we get past the Gills...it's either Walsall or Notts County in the final.

Would like it to be County as I think they'd bring the most.

I'd much prefer the game being played at Cardiff...much better in every respect to Wembley apart from tradition and history.

I have no problem with suddenly finding an extra 20K+ fans when we get to Wembley, the same as I have no problem with City being in the JPT, it's a competition we have a proud history of success in and there's not many competitions we can say that about!

My problem is Wembley itself, it's a horrible place designed to fleece you of every penny in your pockets at every opportunity. The tickets prices will be too high. It might be in London, but it's hardly a nice bit of London for a day out and I don't get the '''ooooh London' thing as though we should be excited about going to the big city or something.

The only way I will consider going is if my son suddenly develops a hitherto undiscovered love for football and gets desperately excited about it. He's been to a few games but is pretty "meh" about it so far to be honest.

I would prefer a two legged final played home and away. It would be much more exciting and the prize at the end of it would be just the same.

Keep the wonderful Wembley experience for the games that really are too big to be held anywhere else.

Sometimes I despair at the arrogance of some of my fellow City fans. If you can't afford to go, have other commitments or just don't fancy a trip to London then fair enough but don't stay away as some sort of protest against the competition itself. Personally I'd love the chance to take my little boy to Wembley with City for any final.

**** me, I can guarantee that if the Gas get to the final of the FA Trophy they'll sell out their full allocation. We've got fans who won't go out of principle, I hope our 20000 part timers turn up if we do get there otherwise it's going to be embarrassing.

I wonder how long it will be before the likes of Man Ure are saying that winning the Prem is pointless because Barcelona aren't in it?

The JPT is what it is, and while we're in League 1 we qualify to play in it. As such we should try and win it and be proud of the fact if we do.

How any supporter can turn their noses up at seeing their team play in a cup final, in the World's most iconic football stadium is beyond me.

I wonder how long it will be before the likes of Man Ure are saying that winning the Prem is pointless because Barcelona aren't in it?

The JPT is what it is, and while we're in League 1 we qualify to play in it. As such we should try and win it and be proud of the fact if we do.

How any supporter can turn their noses up at seeing their team play in a cup final, in the World's most iconic football stadium is beyond me.

The old Wembley was maybe the worlds most iconic football stadium. What is there now is a horrible, plastic thing with as much soul and history as my arse.

I wonder how long it will be before the likes of Man Ure are saying that winning the Prem is pointless because Barcelona aren't in it?The JPT is what it is, and while we're in League 1 we qualify to play in it. As such we should try and win it and be proud of the fact if we do.How any supporter can turn their noses up at seeing their team play in a cup final, in the World's most iconic football stadium is beyond me.

When was it decided that Wembley is the world's most iconic stadium? The place is a Shyte hole, I'll be there though

Archived