IGNORED

Everything Matt Smith (Merged)

Marina's Rolls Royce

When he joined us Smith said he didn't fit into Kit's plans. That must have hurt and who's to say anything has changed. Kit could easily have been there last night to watch another player (JET ?) or even to discuss extending Smith's loan to the end of the season (which is what I expect to happen). Of course if their form does not pick up and Smith keeps on scoring for us over the next 3/4 games then the situation could change so lets hope the current Fulham forwards start scoring starting Saturday versus Cardiff.

A Preston fan on another forum was saying Kit was there to watch Freeman. No idea where he got it from and haven't seen it anywhere else but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

A Preston fan on another forum was saying Kit was there to watch Freeman. No idea where he got it from and haven't seen it anywhere else but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Could be. The fact that Smith played for us in the FA Cup is another reason why I think his days at Fulham are numbered. Why would they let him play when they are still in the competition themselves ?

• Admin

The fact that Smith played for us in the FA Cup is another reason why I think his days at Fulham are numbered. Why would they let him play when they are still in the competition themselves ?

This is the most important thing in my opinion, if Fulham had any thoughts of bringing him back he would never have been given permission to play against Donny.

I'm not going to back away from my comments made a few weeks ago because in the games I saw him he was a lumbering great cart horse and the misses v Yeovil were awful.

Unlike many I won't go from "awful, shite, get rid" to "let's sign him for perm for the next 10 years" in the space of 2 games.

I'll be more consistent than that and say my position remains unconvinced.

:mf_sleep: Keep diggin'!

I'm not going to back away from my comments made a few weeks ago because in the games I saw him he was a lumbering great cart horse and the misses v Yeovil were awful.

Unlike many I won't go from "awful, shite, get rid" to "let's sign him for perm for the next 10 years" in the space of 2 games.

I'll be more consistent than that and say my position remains unconvinced.

Quite right too. I stand by the fact that Baldock is/was wasteful.

Jan 25th. Smith original loan agreement ends.

Presume we only have him for three more matches then (Notts C, Donny, S****horpe), as regardless as to whether we beat Donny or not, our league game against them on the 24th will be cancelled, and we'd play on the 25th if (big IF, I realise) we were to get through.

That is presuming that if a loan agreement ends on the 25th, he's not available that day.  If he is able, and IF we get to the next round of the FA Cup, what odds he plays a blinder on the telly against a Premier League team?

My Fulham supporting mate says Ruiz will depart in January and they will be in the market for another striker. Make of that what you will.

Ruiz is more of a number 10 JET type player, though like a few others on here I can't believe Fulham will allow him to stay with us if he keeps scoring and they don't.

Can I change the subject a bit and ask if we've ever had a better header of the ball than Matty?

It's not just that he uses his height and really gets airborne, he has a variety of great heading skills

- he was very quick to JETS cross for the first which was a glancing header

- the second he was able to direct the ball away from the goalie at an acute angle while running and at full stretch, amazing

It helps that he is obviously an intelligent bloke

That has to be as good a 4 goals you will see from a player who looked non league weeks ago to unstoppable now. Just shows how match fitness and confidence can change everything.All in all a brilliant move from cotts who realised Wilbs would not last the distance and only so much walking,oh sorry ,running, Jet would do!

Gratuitous shot of Smatt Mith here, plus a little spot of Waggy Wagstaff's skip-hop as Mith (awful!) buries his second...http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

Plus (apols if already noted) anyone else notice how Cotts kept talking about Smatt Mith's "two goals" against Gillingham? Last manager couldn't look at the table, this one can't count, wtf? See fer yerselves...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLwA9RR3QFs

Ruiz is more of a number 10 JET type player, though like a few others on here I can't believe Fulham will allow him to stay with us if he keeps scoring and they don't.

This is true, but there is some talk of once the American leaves a new striker will join the line-up. The assumption has been he'll come from the transfer market, but my friend said it was possible a prolific Smith would be yanked back.

Can I change the subject a bit and ask if we've ever had a better header of the ball than Matty?

It's not just that he uses his height and really gets airborne, he has a variety of great heading skills

- he was very quick to JETS cross for the first which was a glancing header

- the second he was able to direct the ball away from the goalie at an acute angle while running and at full stretch, amazing

It helps that he is obviously an intelligent bloke

Steve Brooker is the best i can remember

Archived