IGNORED

Everything Matt Smith (Merged)

Marina's Rolls Royce

I'm worried that League 1 might be his level. Maybe wait & see if he stay's for the rest of the season and also whether we get promotion or not. If we do go up, no point in buying him if we're not dead certain that he'd start in the Championship for us.

One game at a time I reckon. 

Careful KWA- that's treason at the moment!

Cotts said the same about Todd- I can't remember someone being recalled prematurely from a loan only to be loaned straight to a new club. Maybe Florest offered more money/loan fee - maybe Pierce called in a favour? Doubt we'll ever know. 

ok it's time to let this one go.

As well as Todd? - surely our squad is already too small?

Talking of which- if Matt does get recalled which must be a very real possibility with Kit watching his striker scoring his 8th goal in four matches- SC & KB need to pull another rabbit out of the hat and pronto although the good news must be that we're close to having our original 11 starting . Thing is- another 3 game block over 7 days makes for tired legs.

I take it all back about League 1 being his level.

Just seen his goals on SSN and he can play UEFA Champions League, FIFA World Cup or Africa Cup Of Nations with strikes like that.

Recommend taking a look at not only his goals for Leeds last year, but also many of McCormack's, particularly after Christmas, and you'll see a lot more excellent centred forward play from him, and at the level above.

But, all that said; is doing enough here and now to justify shouts for him to stay longer.

We need a song for the weekend; encourage the lad to stick with us.

I take it all back about League 1 being his level.

Just seen his goals on SSN and he can play UEFA Champions League, FIFA World Cup or Africa Cup Of Nations with strikes like that.

The way he stretched for the second was excellent and showed his determination, the back heel was sublime, but that volley, wow just wow.

Recommend taking a look at not only his goals for Leeds last year, but also many of McCormack's, particularly after Christmas, and you'll see a lot more excellent centred forward play from him, and at the level above.

But, all that said; is doing enough here and now to justify shouts for him to stay longer.

We need a song for the weekend; encourage the lad to stick with us.

On that note, loved the one today to the Man City Toure chant for him and Korey!

I think Leeds fans would argue with that...

14 page thread on WACCOE saying Cellino was a idiot for selling him. 13 goals & 8 assists in a poor Leeds team where he primarily was on the bench.

Great goals!

2nd he really had to reach just to make contact, 3rd was quick thinking and the fourth was a great strike!

Ayling looking very involved in forward movement again. He started the 3rd goal move and if Smith hadn't been there, he would have finished it off too!!

Really enjoyed watching those goals, The first two are some of the best striker partnership I've seen in a good while . Which is great as lets be honest if someone said we'd have to rely on Jet and Smith upfront after the Yeovil game , there would be many groans even from myself.

Nice to see two goals started with great work from bringing the ball out from defense Williams (4th) and Ayling the 3rd. Smiths 2nd goal was my favorite , the finish and Jets wonderful cross. Only thing is last few games we haven't played teams that high in the league/cup so the partnership will come under a real test against Notts county.

Archived