IGNORED

Everything Matt Smith (Merged)

Marina's Rolls Royce

Can't see it.. why would Fulham loan him to a rival.. he'll either stay with us or go back to Fulham's first team... imho

I suppose if he does not fit in their plans at all, it could be a sale, but he is on a long contract.

Not sure we will be able to extend his loan, but we will see.  No point stressing about that one, its worked out way better than we might have hoped.

Can't believe how much he has improved fom Boxing Day. He looks ten times fitter, sharper and confident. At Christmas he stood out, for the wrong reasons. Today he stood out for all the right reasons.

Fulham, if you are reading this..best leave him here, our work on him isn't quite done yet!

I only put on what I heard, wish people wouldn't dissect it! I hope it doesn't happen but seemed a bit of a random claim to make if totally unsubstantiated.

Yeah, I heard Matt Smith was awful and that's also totally unsubstantiated.

I really wish people wouldn't dissect it in 630 posts.

Yeah, I heard Matt Smith was awful and that's also totally unsubstantiated.

I really wish people wouldn't dissect it in 630 posts.

What are you talking about? I heard a rumour that is potentially interesting for people on here. Nothing like the original gist of this thread! I can see why many don't bother putting what they here on the forum anymore

What are you talking about? I heard a rumour that is potentially interesting for people on here. Nothing like the original gist of this thread! I can see why many don't bother putting what they here on the forum anymore

bit touchy, Phileas? my post was entirely taking the piss out of me.

Why not just enjoy another fantastic day in the life of a City fan- who cares what anyone thinks.

Can't believe how much he has improved fom Boxing Day. He looks ten times fitter, sharper and confident. At Christmas he stood out, for the wrong reasons. Today he stood out for all the right reasons.

Fulham, if you are reading this..best leave him here, our work on him isn't quite done yet!

it's called match fitness, I do believe SC may have made mention of it once or twice and even a week ago and it would appear that perhaps JET might be falling into the same category, just a thought.

it's called match fitness, I do believe SC may have made mention of it once or twice and even a week ago and it would appear that perhaps JET might be falling into the same category, just a thought.

I hear what you are saying but you have to have ability too which Smith obviously has.

I'm sorry but my memory is scarred from having bad experiences with players like Stern John, Agyemang. They weren't fit or have any ability. We had them for longer than we've had smith and even combined didn't give anything like the return from Smith so far. What Cotts and the staff have done with Smith in such a short time is pretty unbelievable you got to admit?

• Admin

He's doing great.

I personally would love him on loan until the end of the season but wouldn't want him if we were to get to the championship.

Let's not get too carried away.

Rickie Lambert made a career out of using his frame to bully Football League defenders and made the most of his aerial ability whilst playing in a good footballing team (then he joined Liverpool) & many City at the time said he wouldn't be good enough for the Championship.

I would love to turn Smith's loan move into a permanent one. Plus I'm praying SL goes out and gets Afobe to play alongside him!

I hear what you are saying but you have to have ability too which Smith obviously has.

I'm sorry but my memory is scarred from having bad experiences with players like Stern John, Agyemang. They weren't fit or have any ability. We had them for longer than we've had smith and even combined didn't give anything like the return from Smith so far. What Cotts and the staff have done with Smith in such a short time is pretty unbelievable you got to admit?

Perhaps more evidence of how deep the changes are at BCFC, all it just needed patience and perhaps unwittingly an injury to our 2 main strikers and suddenly we have 4 strikers capable of scoring, giving SC the cliche headache that all managers love once Agard and Wilbraham are fully fit, happy days.

Unfortunately, I think the most important factor in if Smith stays today was probably Fulham losing without scoring at Cardiff.

The lad has been magnificent for us at a time we desperately needed him to be, and surely must go down as one of our best ever loan signings, but unless SL is willing to break the bank on him, canno see Fulham's gaffer getting away with letting him stay here, considering his form and their own.

Interesting some of them think it is obvious it was a bad decision to lend him out.

Surely even from a Fulham perspective if has been great. He was unfit, fifth choice, and not in form. He is now much fitter and getting his confidence back. Got to be a great result for them.

I would be very surprised if Fulham would want to let him go out again after his period with us ends due to his current form. Though, I and every other City fan wouldn't be complaining if we were to keep him on for a longer amount of time. Seems to be forming a partnership with JET too, which can only be positive. 

With his loan expiring on the 25th Jan, that means that after tonight's game there's only Scunny (a) on Saturday in the league & (hopefully) the FA Cup 4th Rd game v. Eve/W Ham on the day the initial deal expires.  

Moving back to a struggling Fulham side surely can't be as appealing as the prospect of potentially playing a pivotal part in what will hopefully be a memorable (for the right reasons) season for us. Seems to be polarising opinion on the FFC Forum here: http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=45011.0

I hope he stays, we're gawd knows how long off Wilbs & Agard being fit so to lose him in a fortnight would be a huge blow.

Archived