IGNORED

Mk Dons Tickets

Redarmy987

Dons fan here, the supporters in the upper tier have their own concourse which is accessed by different turnstiles than the people going into the lower tier. It's the same entrance, but lower tier supporters walk straight ahead to turnstiles, whereas upper tier fans turn left/right (through different turnstiles) and up some stairs.

You can look over the railing and see the supporters in the lower tier concourse though.

Got some photographs from when it was being built.toptier027.jpgtoptier036.jpg

Lush.

Inspired isn't the word.

Oh god, read a few earlier posts. You are going to create sheer outrage now! ( by the way i dont intend sitting ( standing) in my correct seat! ).

OK I've banged on about this enough, but I'll explain it one final time. I understand the unwritten rule of standing at the back / sitting at the front. Under normal circumstances it's fair enough. The problem is this is not your normal away game; there will be 5,000 people there, it will be packed, and there will be many people not aware or unwilling to comply with this unwritten rule. This thread alone proves it; there are many people who have directly stated their desire to sit in seats they have deliberately chosen, and others who have asked where their row/seat is, which implies that they intend to sit there.

For this reason, I believe the fairest and most straightforward option for all supporters is to sit (or stand) in their allocated seat and show respect for their fellow supporters, many of whom chose those seats when booking - and made the effort to book seats with their friends in the first place. Any other approach will cause confusion and potential aggravation.

OK I've banged on about this enough, but I'll explain it one final time. I understand the unwritten rule of standing at the back / sitting at the front. Under normal circumstances it's fair enough. The problem is this is not your normal away game; there will be 5,000 people there, it will be packed, and there will be many people not aware or unwilling to comply with this unwritten rule. This thread alone proves it; there are many people who have directly stated their desire to sit in seats they have deliberately chosen, and others who have asked where their row/seat is, which implies that they intend to sit there.

For this reason, I believe the fairest and most straightforward option for all supporters is to sit (or stand) in their allocated seat and show respect for their fellow supporters, many of whom chose those seats when booking - and made the effort to book seats with their friends in the first place. Any other approach will cause confusion and potential aggravation.

Alot of us at coventry had assigned seats but most people (i think) ended up where we wanted, get your point though. I think i'll sit in my assigned seat then at 2.45 move to the back of the stand

Simply isn't going to happen! Havnt checked where my ticket is allocated but i will be heading towards the back regardless.

But i had no choice in ticket. Our friendly staff at the ground refused to let me choose my ticket so i ended up with row c. I wont be sitting there. With 5k of a 9k capacity i shall be heading for a better view, amongst the non-library goers to create an atmosphere. There will still be room for this and i expect it will all be fine. Hopefully either way we'll all be celebrating a 5-0 demolition!

But i had no choice in ticket. Our friendly staff at the ground refused to let me choose my ticket so i ended up with row c. I wont be sitting there. I With 5k of a 9k capacity i shall be heading for a better view, amongst the non-library goers to create an atmosphere. There will still be room for this and i expect it will all be fine. Hopefully either way we'll all be celebrating a 5-0 demolition!

And so, say you go to row Z seat 32, screw the person who is meant to be sitting there and may well want to? Like ChipRed said, if there was loads of alternatives that attitude would be fine but there won't, it'll be rammed! Hope it is 5-0 though?

• Admin

And so, say you go to row Z seat 32, screw the person who is meant to be sitting there and may well want to? Like ChipRed said, if there was loads of alternatives that attitude would be fine but there won't, it'll be rammed!

With POTD confirmed now, they'll let us have the complete stand behind the goal just not the two edges, will be plenty of room to spread out

My dad and brother got tickets weeks ago so I assume they are in the bottom tier?

I'm pay on the day so I guess I'm top tier?

Never been before - can you get from bottom to top or is it totally different entrances?

I bought mine from the 2nd allocation batch and we are top tier.

With POTD confirmed now, they'll let us have the complete stand behind the goal just not the two edges, will be plenty of room to spread out

I wouldn't assume that. They're not going to open out (and therefore have to steward) the entire 9k seats just because its POTD - there won't be 4k extra arriving. They will open extra blocks according to demand and I still expect it to be busy.

• Admin

I wouldn't assume that. They're not going to open out (and therefore have to steward) the entire 9k seats just because its POTD - there won't be 4k extra arriving. They will open extra blocks according to demand and I still expect it to be busy.

Very true in a sense. The two side overflows hold just over 2k between them, so we are essentially talking about approx an area of 7k seats behind the goal.

There is one block left to open so it is safe to assume that this last section holds the missing 2k.

We KNOW at least 5k are already coming

So anything over 5k means that they will have to open the last section anyway

Judging by sales etc, this will be the case

Is it POTD?

How many are going?

Where can I sit?

Do I have to bring a scarf?

Will it be cold?

What train are we getting?

Have they scored yet?

Is it POTD? - YES

How many are going? - 5867

Where can I sit? - ROW ABCD1234 SEAT 5867

Do I have to bring a scarf? - YES, IF YOU HAVE A SMALL NECK THEN WEAR TWO :colder:

Will it be cold? - YES, SEE ANSWER 4

What train are we getting? IT'S LEAVING @9AM FROM WESTON PIER :D

Have they scored yet? NOPE AND THEY WON'T - WE WILL :yes:

Assuming your ticket is for the lower tier, it will be about 2 rows from the back. Our seats go from A - Z then AA - DD (A being at the front and DD being at the back). I think the away end is Aisle's 30 to 36. (right corner is 30 and left corner is 36 when looking at the pitch). Couldn't remember exactly though.

What are the pies like at your place?

Or is it better to eat outside of the ground?

Cheers in advance.

Brilliant tickets still haven't come in the post and i bought them Tuesday afternoon !!!!

Well, posting on here is certainly the best thing to do to sort that little problem out!

If only people in your position could.... oh I don't know, maybe ring the club to let them know. Then they could arrange to replace them for you.

Why don't the club provide a service like that..?!

Archived