IGNORED

Je Suis Ultra

Blagdon red

Are the club right to ban flags with the word ULTRAS on them?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just read DLs response - and it's simply crass - makes no sense at all. There was trouble at a match. There was a flag with the word Ultra on it at the match. Therefore that word must be associated with violence. What crap. You might just as well say there was a flag with the word City on it at the match therefore all future references to "City" at Ashton Gate will be banned. There have been things with 'Ultras' on them for years at Ashton Gate. What was only just beginning to make an appearance at Ashton Gate in 2013 were the two words 'Bristol Sport'. Does that mean that those two words together are associated with violence. Of course not.

If there's any evidence at all that those who used/bought/waved etc that flag were involved then say so, and you've got a case.

If. as Dave claims, since the Rovers game the club has been concerned to remove any words with even the whiff of violence from an association with Ashton Gate then I ask Dave again to explain how come a T shirt emblazoned with CSF was welcomed into the dressing room, and photographed for the consumption of the national media.

I go to most City games, home and away. Like most of us who do that, I know where and when trouble comes, and its not difficult to identify those coming to away games to casue trouble - and they are quite evidently not the crowd who wave the Ultras banners.

Just read DLs response - and it's simply crass - makes no sense at all. There was trouble at a match. There was a flag with the word Ultra on it at the match. Therefore that word must be associated with violence. What crap. You might just as well say there was a flag with the word City on it at the match therefore all future references to "City" at Ashton Gate will be banned. There have been things with 'Ultras' on them for years at Ashton Gate. What was only just beginning to make an appearance at Ashton Gate in 2013 were the two words 'Bristol Sport'. Does that mean that those two words together are associated with violence. Of course not.

If there's any evidence at all that those who used/bought/waved etc that flag were involved then say so, and you've got a case.

If. as Dave claims, since the Rovers game the club has been concerned to remove any words with even the whiff of violence from an association with Ashton Gate then I ask Dave again to explain how come a T shirt emblazoned with CSF was welcomed into the dressing room, and photographed for the consumption of the national media.

I go to most City games, home and away. Like most of us who do that, I know where and when trouble comes, and its not difficult to identify those coming to away games to casue trouble - and they are quite evidently not the crowd who wave the Ultras banners.

Agree with most of this.

• SC&T Board Members

Hi has DL Been asked who actually Made this Desisions so we know who to complain to as there is no use relaying messages on here

To be fobed of by a messenger who is paid by the club?

Let's here from the man himself and don't hide behind a puppet

Sorry my Veiw !

Having had an e-mail exchange with DL on this topic, my understanding is that DL's view is wholly in line with what he has written in his two posts about the flag in the Q&A section. The instruction to the stewards to remove it on Saturday, however, presumably came from someone else.

Having had an e-mail exchange with DL on this topic, my understanding is that DL's view is wholly in line with what he has written in his two posts about the flag in the Q&A section. The instruction to the stewards to remove it on Saturday, however, presumably came from someone else.

If that's the case, with a minority view, I question whether someone else should do the "supporter lisaon" - if someone is so staunchly against what the majority want - how can they legitimately represent us?

So is the fans liason officer at odds with the fans?

If that's the case, with a minority view, I question whether someone else should do the "supporter lisaon" - if someone is so staunchly against what the majority want - how can they legitimately represent us?

I've mentioned before about my particular gripe, this further goes to show that with those views maybe he's not upto the job.

IT would be good to have a younger, or more clued up football supporter leasing with.........uhmmmmm football fans.

I've mentioned before about my particular gripe, this further goes to show that with those views maybe he's not upto the job.

IT would be good to have a younger, or more clued up football supporter leasing with.........uhmmmmm football fans.

I've been thinking this for a while.. Needs to be representative, accountable and better still an elected role.

• SC&T Board Members

So is the fans liason officer at odds with the fans?

He would certainly appear to be at odds with the majority of fans who have expressed a view about this issue on this forum.

That need not, however, disqualify him from doing his job. As others have pointed out, his job is not to 'represent' the fans, but to 'liaise' between fans and the club. Despite holding one view himself, it is to be hoped that this will not stop him feeding back to the club differing views held by others.

When it comes to 'representation', that is a whole different ball game for another day. But the notion of a supporter on the board would pretty much cover it.

Sounds like you're quacking up mate.  To be fair, football is stale at the moment, especially with all the suits swanning about.  They think they're mallard.  I'd like us to stand together, birds of a feather flock together and all that jazz.  We need to really show the club that they're going to start losing fans if this continues, and at the end of the day, they will have to pick up the bill. I assure you, fans WILL start flocking the nest, and these fans are the clubs most passionate.

All this about the word "ultra", I mean, its not as if we're goose stepping about Ashton Gate. Even if we did, waddle you think they'd do about it?

If Bristol City football club put more faith into its fans, I'm sure things would go swimmingly.  I sometimes think the club are simply winging it, and they're constantly pekin on here to see what else they can do to piss us off.  They get all plucky, but they'll soon back down if we called fowl play and protest.

As a heavily seasoned punner myself I must congratulate you first on your dedication, secondly on your ability to stay on point but most importantly for "waddle you think they'd do about it?" One word my friend     Perfect :clap:

He would certainly appear to be at odds with the majority of fans who have expressed a view about this issue on this forum.

That need not, however, disqualify him from doing his job. As others have pointed out, his job is not to 'represent' the fans, but to 'liaise' between fans and the club. Despite holding one view himself, it is to be hoped that this will not stop him feeding back to the club differing views held by others.

When it comes to 'representation', that is a whole different ball game for another day. But the notion of a supporter on the board would pretty much cover it.

Seems very odd that his view comes now despite the fact the flag has been around for some time, he cant turn around and say he didn't realise he has just noticed this flag?

surely a fan liaison representative should remain neutral, to show bias one way or the other is not the impartiality you'd expect from someone whose there to liase, he doesn't set the rules so needs to remain objective. Instead he's come out and publicly contradicted himself and the club with his answer in the Q & A section of this public forum.

The aggrieved party could easily use such a statement to the local rag and turn this aldready mess into a public story, it's the kind of crap wthe Evil Post love to feed on.

PS Just saying, I don't for one minute believe that anyone would go to those lengths, however it would be a credible story for a rag that seems to pray on any negativity coming out of Ashton Gate.

It most certainly should not disqualify him from doing his job, which he is very capable of. What is questionable is whether he is so out of touch with the fans view of certain issues, or that he is representative of the administration of the club, which appears out of touch with the fans view.

As a heavily seasoned punner myself I must congratulate you first on your dedication, secondly on your ability to stay on point but most importantly for "waddle you think they'd do about it?" One word my friend Perfect :clap:

I was starting to think people actually didn't even pick up on it haha

It most certainly should not disqualify him from doing his job, which he is very capable of. What is questionable is whether he is so out of touch with the fans view of certain issues, or that he is representative of the administration of the club, which appears out of touch with the fans view.

Exactly, whatever your view of the incident, no one can deny that this has been dealt with poorly and is another boo boo in what has been a long line of PR naff ups over the years.

At least we can draw positives from such a case; the club have their best interests at heart & their seems to be a majority of fans vociferous enough to make sure the supporters at least remonstrate towards the deploracies of modern football.

I might be doing him a disservice but I think Dave Lloyd goes along with whatever his bosses tell him. I can't believe he really thinks all that bollocks about the ultra flag, if he does why has he not brought the subject up before? He's been involved in plenty is dialogue with the Eastend fans.

I might be doing him a disservice but I think Dave Lloyd goes along with whatever his bosses tell him. I can't believe he really thinks all that bollocks about the ultra flag, if he does why has he not brought the subject up before? He's been involved in plenty is dialogue with the Eastend fans.

Question and answer in one.

Dave, your reply says more about you, the club and Bristol Sport than it does any of the fan groups.

There was a spot of bother - call it an all out riot if you like, makes no difference to the point - at a game and as a consequence you ban the word "Ultras", a word which is used by fans only to display their fanaticism of Bristol City and nothing else?

Tell me, when was this ban announced?

I really do feel sorry for anyone that would have such a perverted thought process.

I don't particularly care one way or another what Dave Lloyd's view is.  He is supposed to liaise between the supporters and the football club.  If East End Wurzel asked him a question on the Q&A, Dave should take this away to the club and return with their response (which he did), but this should also provide full information as to whom is responsible for making such decisions.  As it stands, everyone is shooting the messenger, because we haven't been told who has made this decision.

Dave's opinion on the matter should not be important, in fact it should be totally irrelevant. 

I'd like to know who actually made this decision, because there is so much uncertainty these days whether this comes from Bristol City (i.e. was this Keith Dawe, Jon Lansdown, Ernie Arathoon, Doug Harman, John Pelling), or was this Bristol Sport (Martin Griffiths, Andrew Billingham), or was it Steve Lansdown himself?  Or was it Keith Draisey the Operations Manager or Dave Lewis the Stadium Manager.  Was it the Avon & Somerset Police Force?  Have they even been consulted on the matter?

Please let us know who is actually running the show and making such decisions.  Then we can aim our retort in the right direction.  We need to know who we are dealing with.  Dave - please represent our views, but please also let us know who's view it is that you are sharing with us.  Otherwise, most of us will just see you as a puppet, set up to take the flak.  I know you don't want to be such a thing, so please provide some fairness and transparency.

Seems like BS desperately want an atmosphere but don't like the type of fans who would generate it.

Fans are walking away and turning there back on the club. No more artwork, no more flags, no more unreserved seating, no more standing. Every initiative by the fans is met with resistance and red tape, we have a yes man as a fans liaison officer who is unfairly used as a mouth piece of this board who are frankly so out of touch with its fans its a joke.

funny enough Ross Kemp last week, his show was on the civil war in the ukraine, the ultras (far right racist whack jobs) formed a battlion to fight the russian sepratists because the ukraine armed forces were woefully under-equipped,

there are various articles around when I get home tonight I'll track some down and post them, if you haven't see the ross kemp thing then go ahead, very eye opening about that civil war

Monkeh, you need to read up a lot more, and a fair way further back than Ross Kemp's show.  I haven't seen this by the way, but can tell you that the far right group Svoboda have been edging their way into Ukrainian politics for a number of years.  They weren't set up just to fight against Russian 'separatists' after the military coup last year, they were involved in the coup from the off.  Yatsenuk & Klitchko were schmoozing with the US and the EU for a long time prior to it kicking off on Maidan, they were a puppet government waiting to happen, set up entirely by "The West".

I won't go any further at the moment, I'll let you conduct your own research (plus this is hugely off topic!), but this is a good place to start :

I'm gutted, I must have missed a recent derby match with the Gas as the flag is being blamed for causing violence during the game. When was this game that I seemed to have missed as the last one I went to was 16 months ago, last season infact?

Has the flag been hiding in the Eastend since then but now it's come out into view it's got to pay the penalty of allegedly starting a disturbance now?

Monkeh, you need to read up a lot more, and a fair way further back than Ross Kemp's show. I haven't seen this by the way, but can tell you that the far right group Svoboda have been edging their way into Ukrainian politics for a number of years. They weren't set up just to fight against Russian 'separatists' after the military coup last year, they were involved in the coup from the off. Yatsenuk & Klitchko were schmoozing with the US and the EU for a long time prior to it kicking off on Maidan, they were a puppet government waiting to happen, set up entirely by "The West".

I won't go any further at the moment, I'll let you conduct your own research (plus this is hugely off topic!), but this is a good place to start :

Watch the show it's very good and indeed they do go further back as you say,

There are many ultras in many country's all with different agendas,

The only point I'm trying to make is that the ultra thing in this country that seems to be creeping into clubs should not be lumped in together with other country's,

It isn't and excause for Violence, facist nazis anti Semitic leanings,

It shouldn't be seen as such by the club, it should be seen as passionate supporters tryingn to create an atmosphere,

By all means ban it if the people involved we causing problems,

But the fact is they aren't and the club are 1000% in the wrong,

Archived